October 14, 2019, 08:08:08 AM

Author Topic: John Terry  (Read 12333 times)

April 14, 2010, 04:08:10 AM
Reply #60

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think slowing it down is the answer. I guess consistency from the referees has more to do with it. Examples need to be made of the Gerrards and Terry's of this world. They should not be immune and the officials should start punishing them for bad errors, of which the tackle on Milner was one of them.

Once again you're confusing deliberate fouling with mistimed tackles. You might argue that Terry's tackle wasn't just mistimed (I think it was, but it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things), but the vast majority of them still are and will be, even if referees start dishing out red cards left, right and centre.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 14, 2010, 04:20:19 AM
Reply #61

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I prefer the premier league because it is hard and it is tough. I just don't like dirty players. Deliberate fouling is one thing and it irritates the spectators more than causing any other damage. Playing teams like Arsenal and Barcelona leave most teams no option but to foul them consistently.
Mis-timed tackles is a euphimism to protect certain players reputations as far as I am concerned. If you really mis time a tackle you half pull out, you might still foul the guy and he might still get injured but at least you trying to prevent a bad situation from getting worse.
Terry did no such thin and just went through him with his studs up. The ball hit him on the thigh but was inconsequential. Even if he got the ball perfectly it would still be a dangerous tackle, not a hard tackle but a dangerous one.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 14, 2010, 04:36:40 AM
Reply #62

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I mistimed many a tackle in my life, and very rarely had the time to try to pull out. In fact, you have to mistime a tackle by quite a lot to be able to do so. Basically, the less you're late, the more force you will arrive with. The worst tackle is the one that's almost good.

April 14, 2010, 05:42:37 AM
Reply #63

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I was a DM and Cb my whole life and I got to quite a decent level before studies took over. I wasn't ever the most skillful but I went in hard and tough. Never got a yellow card and never injured anyone. Now I know it wasn't the premier league but there are gus who go in headless and are blinded to everything around them, going in with no regard for anybody else. terry in my opinion is like that at times.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 14, 2010, 06:01:50 AM
Reply #64

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I was a DM and Cb my whole life and I got to quite a decent level before studies took over. I wasn't ever the most skillful but I went in hard and tough. Never got a yellow card and never injured anyone. Now I know it wasn't the premier league but there are gus who go in headless and are blinded to everything around them, going in with no regard for anybody else. terry in my opinion is like that at times.

I'm sure he is, most Premier League players are. It is encouraged by coaches from a very early age.

April 14, 2010, 06:08:36 AM
Reply #65

Gash

Global Moderator
Jeez Bizi, your obsessed.

April 14, 2010, 06:15:52 AM
Reply #66

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

He's like the Anti-Brunette

April 14, 2010, 06:17:14 AM
Reply #67

Gash

Global Moderator

He's like the Anti-Brunette

He's more like my Aunty Marion.

April 14, 2010, 06:18:51 AM
Reply #68

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He's more like my Aunty Marion.

Is she a fan of blondes and tought tackling too?

April 14, 2010, 06:26:29 AM
Reply #69

Gash

Global Moderator
Is she a fan of blondes and tought tackling too?

No, she's 70 and brunetteish. My uncle played rugby for Scotland, so she maybe likes a tough tackle now and then.

April 14, 2010, 06:30:22 AM
Reply #70

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
No, she's 70 and brunetteish. My uncle played rugby for Scotland, so she maybe likes a tough tackle now and then.

I bet she was more of a bed of roses gal.

April 14, 2010, 06:49:59 AM
Reply #71

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

I'm sorry, this is one of my pet hates.

April 14, 2010, 08:22:17 AM
Reply #72

Flusky

You can mistime a tackle, and take out a players ankle instead of the ball. But what Terry did there was NOT mistimed. His boot was studs up, his expression was disgusting and he showed no concern for Milner.

April 14, 2010, 12:30:03 PM
Reply #73

RedWhiteandBLUE

had milner's leg broken like eduardo's terry would have been sent off, same tackle different result = different card, just doesn't seem right to me.  I know that every ball won is an opportunity gained but honestly does anyone think that that hard of a challenge is necessary in that part of the field? Was the touch terry got on the ball even worth the chance, it didn't even get to a chelsea player?

terry has been a horrible cunt lately with poor tackles, poor form, etc, and I have no respect for the man.  I've seen red cards given for much less and also given for far worse, so it really all comes down to consistency at the end of the day.  Consistency that just doesn't seem to exist.

April 14, 2010, 12:48:31 PM
Reply #74

huck

had milner's leg broken like eduardo's terry would have been sent off, same tackle different result = different card, just doesn't seem right to me.  I know that every ball won is an opportunity gained but honestly does anyone think that that hard of a challenge is necessary in that part of the field? Was the touch terry got on the ball even worth the chance, it didn't even get to a chelsea player?

terry has been a horrible cunt lately with poor tackles, poor form, etc, and I have no respect for the man.  I've seen red cards given for much less and also given for far worse, so it really all comes down to consistency at the end of the day.  Consistency that just doesn't seem to exist.

Yes the touch Terry got on the ball was worth the chance. It is a tempo sport, he wanted to win the ball. You won't win the ball by going in half arsed. You are more likely to injure a player that way.

It is not the same as the Eduardo tackle. Similar contact is made. But Terry came from further away and at less speed.

I don't like Terry. He never mean't to injure Milner. It was just a reckless challenge.
Le Berry