November 24, 2017, 09:46:57 AM

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton 2-2  (Read 25934 times)

November 03, 2012, 05:25:34 AM
Reply #45

Toddacelli

gibson needs to sort his tendons out

Yeah - someone should tell the fucker - oh yes!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 03, 2012, 05:42:22 AM
Reply #46

Shogun

Administrator
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8220656/Martin-Jol-says-Fulham-would-be-prepared-to-spend-big-on-the-right-player

Martin Jol says Fulham would be prepared to spend big on the right player

Martin Jol admits he was priced out of a move for Kevin Mirallas, but says Fulham would dig deep for the right player.

The Cottagers were among those to express an interest in Belgium international Miralles over the summer, but were put off by the demands of Greek outfit Olympiakos.

The highly-rated forward did end up in England, at Everton, but Jol has no regrets at having refused to splash the cash.

The Dutchman, who was able to complete a number of shrewd acquisitions, said: "We could have had him (Mirallas) but he was six or seven million. It is not like (Mladen) Petric on a free or (Hugo) Rodallega on a free or (Dimitar) Berbatov.

"Mirallas was not a bargain but they (Everton) did well to pick him up. Mirallas was top scorer in Greece up front where he played on the left and the right and he is doing well.

"Everton don't buy five or six players. They buy one or two each year and then try to fit them in. That is their strength.

"They don't have to chop and change all the time. But you can't say no-one knew about Mirallas. He was playing in this fantastic Belgium team, with all these great players such as (Mousa) Dembele and (Thomas) Vermaelen.

"I think they will be unbelievable in the future and he (Mirallas) is playing in that team."

Bargains

Jol would, however, have no problem asking his board for backing if the right target became available.

Ahead of a weekend meeting with Everton, Jol added: "Of course we would do it if it was necessary.

"I always try to find the real bargains and I think we did that. With (Nikica) Jelavic Everton probably did that."
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 03, 2012, 06:25:40 AM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas not a bargain? Jelavic probably was? What's this guy on? Both great players for very low prices comparatively.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 03, 2012, 02:45:40 PM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

Mirallas not a bargain? Jelavic probably was? What's this guy on? Both great players for very low prices comparatively.

I'll be interested to see what he says about Mirallas after he tears Riise, Hangeland and Send-her-off all new ones!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 03, 2012, 04:18:46 PM
Reply #49

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair I think he is more pointing out that Mirallas is more of a known quantity than Jelavic and the money spent wasn't a risk like some of our other signings.  Have a lot of time for Jol, he knows his shit. 

November 03, 2012, 04:20:12 PM
Reply #50

Bluedoc

Just let people know if heading down for game, lots problems on tube around fulham today. Leave plenty time get here lads.

November 03, 2012, 04:44:58 PM
Reply #51

fast lane

Going to be a tough game, but not unwinnable.
As said before consistency is key.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

November 03, 2012, 04:58:49 PM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just let people know if heading down for game, lots problems on tube around fulham today. Leave plenty time get here lads.

I'm glad you posted that, because I thought we were playing tomorrow. Had to double check. Could have sworn kick of was Sunday.

November 03, 2012, 05:44:33 PM
Reply #53

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Got a wedding to go to today. I hate weddings on match day. :(
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

November 03, 2012, 06:15:37 PM
Reply #54

evertonjoe

Will probably miss the first half of this as I'm playing football myself.

Hopefully it'll be a win on both counts though.

R.A.P Music

November 03, 2012, 08:04:55 PM
Reply #55

EFCdanger

Everton team to face Fulham: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Neville, Pienaar, Mirallas, Fellaini, Osman, Jelavic
Danger!

November 03, 2012, 08:05:31 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just looked at the table. We could drop down to 7th if we lose this.

Hope we have a good team out today.

November 03, 2012, 08:05:58 PM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No Distin?

November 03, 2012, 08:06:30 PM
Reply #58

Shogun

Administrator
Distin injured?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 03, 2012, 08:07:12 PM
Reply #59

EFCdanger

Everton subs: Mucha, Oviedo, Naismith, Distin, Hitzlsperger, Gueye, Anichebe

Good that Vics back, hoping Heitinga doesn't play like he did at wigan.
Danger!