November 24, 2017, 07:15:25 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Arsenal  (Read 24983 times)

November 27, 2012, 11:34:01 PM
Reply #60

Shogun

Administrator

the referee for the match is Michael Oliver.

Everton's record under Oliver:

Played 7
Won 4
Draw 2
Loss 1 (on penalty shoot out)

Last result was 3-1 victory over Aston Villa in August 2012

Arsenal's record under Oliver:

Played 4
Won 1
Draw 0
Loss 3

Last result was 3-2 defeat to Swansea in January 2012
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 27, 2012, 11:41:20 PM
Reply #61

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Would have thought that we'll see Hibbo in for Heitinga and Felli in for Oviedo.

November 28, 2012, 12:19:35 AM
Reply #62

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think we will too but would prefer to retain Oviedo and drop Hitz.  Think we need Fellaini to control the game, not sure he will do that further up.

Sent from Ankh Morpork

November 28, 2012, 12:35:08 AM
Reply #63

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think we will too but would prefer to retain Oviedo and drop Hitz.  Think we need Fellaini to control the game, not sure he will do that further up.

Sent from Ankh Morpork

Possible both ways I guess.

Up top, if he's getting hold of the ball their midfield has to drop back.

Can see the argument for a deeper role too but I think from up top he can drop deep and influence the defensive side too if necessary.

November 28, 2012, 01:13:43 AM
Reply #64

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Possible both ways I guess.

Up top, if he's getting hold of the ball their midfield has to drop back.

Can see the argument for a deeper role too but I think from up top he can drop deep and influence the defensive side too if necessary.

Yes at his best he has the ability to do that, my concern is a central pairing of Osman and Hitz, as decent as he has started is weak against a mobile Arsenal midfield and Hitzlsperger in particular seems to tire badly (understandably) by the second half.  It will be interesting to see how Moyes plays it.

November 28, 2012, 02:31:50 AM
Reply #65

steve81

Sent from Ankh Morpork
drop naismith instead of hitz

November 28, 2012, 02:33:21 AM
Reply #66

blueski

Would be great if Gibson can just be fit enough to split the game with Hitzlsberger; between the two you'd think they can put a shift in for the 90
Nil Satis

November 28, 2012, 02:34:40 AM
Reply #67

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
drop naismith instead of hitz

If you do that though like it or not you reduce your attacking potency, we have been poor at the back so I would be reluctant to reduce our threat going forward.

November 28, 2012, 04:09:54 AM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I would put Fellaini up top, and play long ball all fucking night, lets Stoke it up for this one

November 28, 2012, 05:10:29 AM
Reply #69

blueski

That means we have to defend very well and be very nippy in the middle of the park which we might not be up to

I would throw legs at them and press very hard in the middle and with Jelavic. They like to keep a high line. Seeing as we won't have a lot of pace in the side I think we'll need to keep their defence from advancing up the pitch as much as possible. Just my opinion like.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:13:06 AM by blueski »
Nil Satis

November 28, 2012, 05:17:50 AM
Reply #70

Rhys

Like he didnt manage to against United?? Fellaini can help us control a game more from up front than he can in midfield. By being up top he can bring the ball down, get key players into the game in the final third more often. We will create more chances with him being up there as well.

I get that Hitz will tire and Ossie will have to do a lot of running, running he may not be able to do. And yes we could do with Felli there, but in my opinion we would be ludicrous to play him deeper. We need him up front as we need the ball to stick regularly if we are going to have enough of the ball upfield to win the game. If its Pienaar, Jelavic, Mirallas etc off Jelavic in the form he is in we wont hold much ball up like we didnt on Saturday, they will control more of the game and there will only be so much felli can do from deeper.

We need him forward and ideally we need Gibson fit so at least we can swap Hitz/Gibson whoever starts when they tire to freshen it up.

November 28, 2012, 05:24:28 AM
Reply #71

blueski

Someone will have to do a job on cazorla, I think I agree with regard to Fellaini, don't think anyone else is going to hold the ball in that crucial area so we can get and stay forward unless Mirallas is back fit miraculously.

Also for me I'd definitely play Oviedo because he offers some pace and an ability to get in behind in wide areas.

We will see though
Nil Satis

November 28, 2012, 02:11:17 PM
Reply #72

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 28, 2012, 06:04:41 PM
Reply #73

nomorechang

RIP
Oviedo has shown he's got skill and pace but I'd rather have Pienaar playing on the left with Bainsey, their combination is special and should be used as much as possible
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 28, 2012, 06:48:48 PM
Reply #74

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If fellaini is the only returnee, I'd go for:

Howard

Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

Pienaar Hitz Osman Oviedo

Fellaini

Jelavic

Would rather Fell back in midfield for this one, then pushed forward later on if need be. I know I've broken Baines and Pienaar up for this, but Pienaar and Oviedo can switch throughout. My thinking is give Pienaar a different role might help freshen him up a bit.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin