What will be the result

Win
28 (45.2%)
Draw
31 (50%)
Loss
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 33419 times)

December 10, 2012, 11:59:27 PM
Reply #15

evertonarntwe

hate this club bunch of yard dogs.
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

December 11, 2012, 12:40:38 AM
Reply #16

blob

gonna be a hard grind, but we should just swing it off the high of seeing off spurs.
2-1 win

December 11, 2012, 12:43:46 AM
Reply #17

indiantoffee1975

0-0 bore draw.

December 11, 2012, 12:51:20 AM
Reply #18

Bluenose 91

Going to this one.

I'm going to have take a crucifix, silver bullets and some holy water to fend off the locals.

2-0 to us.

December 11, 2012, 01:57:01 AM
Reply #19

Zoolander

I can't see anything other than a win here. Not a walk in the park playing Stoke by any means but we have much more quality. Especially if Mirralas is still fit.

December 11, 2012, 02:37:19 AM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Vellios' start against Stoke last year wouldn't give me any confidence that he'd offer anywhere near the same stuff as Felli.

Plus Felli does drop into midfield when required. Even if one of Vellios or Jelavic were asked to do that it'd be unnatural and therefore wouldn't be the same either.

You are right, forgotten about that. F*ck it. Let's just playing our shortest XI ;)

December 11, 2012, 01:36:04 PM
Reply #21

Derek

Stoke away is one of my least favourite fixtures. Irritating fans and an "effective" team that not a single person actually enjoys watching.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 11, 2012, 01:38:58 PM
Reply #22

christiffa25

Ref: Fellaini ACM

Stoke used to constantly stiffle the best footballing side we have seen in this league "the arsenal of a few years ago Fabergas era"
Pundits ect used to say how arsenal needed to play differently against stoke to take any points. Ie get a big lump up front!

Just sayin like....

Trying to play nice football and dropping fellaini back is not a guarantee of success against them.
I say, stick to our own game and let them worry about us. If its not working its easy enough to swap around with the players on the pitch.

December 11, 2012, 02:53:52 PM
Reply #23

howard1334

Assuming Miralles is Fit I would trot out...

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
   Gibson Felliani
Miralles Osman Pienaar
          Jelavic

We need Coleman over Hibbert to help break them down, and I think we need to keep the ball on the floor so swapping Felliani with Osman will help with our passing game going forward and discourage us from hoofing to much.

December 11, 2012, 05:02:26 PM
Reply #24

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Playing Mirallas against these cloggers is a big risk, I would be tempted to play the team we started second half with initially.

Sent from the Dungeon Dimensions, its dark in here

December 11, 2012, 05:50:22 PM
Reply #25

The Golden Vision

would bring hibbert back in for coleman

confidence is gonna be high after last week can't see anything apart from an everton win

December 11, 2012, 06:22:31 PM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Playing Mirallas against these cloggers is a big risk, I would be tempted to play the team we started second half with initially.

Sent from the Dungeon Dimensions, its dark in here

People are reading to much into the fact that its Stoke here, play our best team and we should win. We need Players like Coleman and Mirallas to break down what is a very solid defence, playing Naismith if Mirallas is fit is ludicrous as he gets bullied to easily, as seen in the derby  Mirallas can put himself about.

December 11, 2012, 07:01:35 PM
Reply #27

Macca77

Horrible team
Horrible fans
Horrible players
Horrible game

Having said all that our record at Stoke isnt to bad, im going for a very scrappy 0-1, Baines

December 12, 2012, 03:19:24 AM
Reply #28

New Free Transfer Signing

1st "proper" away since Wembley last season (went to Morecambe and Blackpool friendlies) so I can't wait!              I think the most important thing in this game is to not stoop to their level, it often happens with us that we play a match how our opponents want us to play, for example in previous years when teams like Stoke have lumped the ball forward against us, we've then began to lump the ball forward. We need to dictate the game, let them worry about us and our strengths rather than the other way around.                         Exactly the same team as the Spurs game, 3-1 Everton

December 12, 2012, 06:23:57 AM
Reply #29

BrotherEstapol

Not a bad shout for resting Mirallas given he will probably get clobbered and potentially injured further...this is a game that I think Vic would have been useful.
Even though he falls down a lot, his physical presence would have been a good asset against these thugs.