What will be the result

Win
28 (45.2%)
Draw
31 (50%)
Loss
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 33454 times)

December 14, 2012, 08:16:20 PM
Reply #60

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What have you seen from Barkley then?

I see a very good centre mid, who when played on the right got dragged off and has hardly been seen since due to how grim he was.

He was mom against qpr playing right mid

Sent via carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

December 14, 2012, 08:22:10 PM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Sent via carrier pigeon

I was getting off me cake at The V, for that game.

December 14, 2012, 08:31:27 PM
Reply #62

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I was getting off me cake at The V, for that game.

I wish i was it was awful game

Sent via carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

December 14, 2012, 08:35:53 PM
Reply #63

Gash

Global Moderator

Sent via carrier pigeon

Didn't he play the majority of it on the left and moved to the right in the second half?

December 14, 2012, 10:02:46 PM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't he play the majority of it on the left and moved to the right in the second half?

Hmmm not sure

Sent via carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

December 15, 2012, 01:41:52 AM
Reply #65

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What have you seen from Barkley then?

I see a very good centre mid, who when played on the right got dragged off and has hardly been seen since due to how grim he was.

Admittedly not much on the RW (and I missed the Man Utd game I think it was where he came on a LW sub) but he's a different sort of player and another option.

My desire to try something else is that having seen Oviedo have a couple of run outs there, he's looked pretty lost IMO (not a surprise given his natural position). I don't know if any of the other reserves such as Kennedy are ready (presumably not) but again IMO the answer to the RW is not Oviedo.

He did look decent on the LW, but I just don't think that's enough to mess up Pienaar and Baines. Baines did not have the best game when he was in front of him as they were largely occupying the same space. Perhaps with some training that could be overcome but Oviedo doesn't look like he'd be as comfortable as Pienaar with his back to goal.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:47:19 AM by blueToffee »

December 15, 2012, 01:52:59 AM
Reply #66

Zoolander

Would be tempted to try Barkley either alongside Gibson or further up - dropping Felli back. Freeing up Osman to play RM (that said I never liked Osman on the wing so I'd moan about that in no time).

Maybe it's Oviedo left and Pienaar right FTW

December 15, 2012, 10:14:37 AM
Reply #67

blueski

This is likely to be a physical affair, I don't think I'd start Barkley to start for Stoke. Wigan home maybe is a shout though. Especially if we can manage to slip him in to get 20 at the end of this one.

Stoke are better this season than last based on what little I've seen & do look to play a little more than in past seasons. On paper we should beat these handily, we will see though.

Too bad Neville isn't available to play RB, Moyes will want to play someone to support Coleman defensively on the right which makes me doubt he'll play Oviedo on the right

Nil Satis

December 15, 2012, 02:12:07 PM
Reply #68

McMoyes

I really dont get this hype around Stoke.

Ok they have a decent record but this is nothing to do with the quality of their side, more like opposition teams believing this hype and not playing to their own strengths.

If you look at their players - piss poor. Yard dogs.

If we play well and concentrate for 95 minutes we will win this. We have MUCH better players all over the pitch.
"Who is that shaven headed man with a lovely voice? It's Annie Lennox."

December 15, 2012, 02:54:57 PM
Reply #69

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Ok they have a decent record but this is nothing to do with the quality of their side, more like opposition teams believing this hype and not playing to their own strengths.

If we play well and concentrate for 95 minutes we will win this. We have MUCH better players all over the pitch.

As do City and Utd and Arsenal etc etc and they struggle when they go there.

Stoke are very well organised.

They don't expose their defence which makes it hard to score against them. Then their use of the ball in terms of % of likely outcome means that they're always going to put pressure on the opposition.

I really don't think that all these top flight managers are just sitting there reading some articles about Stoke and thinking Christ this is going to be tough. There are reasons why their home record has been good since they've come back up.

December 15, 2012, 02:59:29 PM
Reply #70

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

I suppose our team picks itself at the moment due to injury problems and with Pienaar, Osman and Naismith in there its unlikely we will try and play the long ball game

The worry is how bad we have been defending this season and how well they have. Havent conceded more than 1 in a game at home and thats only happened twice

They will try and turn it into a scrap, lets just hope we outfight them and then our class should tell. Cant see there being more than 2 goals in this, despite me putting on a 2-1 scorecast bet!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 15, 2012, 04:23:00 PM
Reply #71

.Rimbo.

1-3 Everton. Extremely confident.

December 15, 2012, 07:31:11 PM
Reply #72

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Agreed

December 15, 2012, 07:42:09 PM
Reply #73

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
They are a classic case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.  You can break down that team on paper and say they are shite, but results say the team clearly arent. Or at least they are a bitch of a team to get points from.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 15, 2012, 07:54:42 PM
Reply #74

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Big game for Howard today, 200th consecutive appearance he has to be commanding against these.