31 (79.5%)
Draw
4 (10.3%)
Lose
2 (5.1%)
Postponed due to burst pipes
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Everton v Wigan  (Read 17133 times)

December 26, 2012, 11:14:52 PM
Reply #195

American Evertonian

Yeah I think he and Naismith are going to be exactly what you need from squad players, versatile and relatively consistent.  I think a lot of why Jelavic looked better is he and Vic play too close together and are going for the same balls. 

That is what we have been lacking for years so glad to finally have some PL quality players on the bench.

You are spot on with Vic and Jela. I think with time they can learn how to play with each other, but both are wanting to prove themselves and get goals. That is great and all, but they consistently get in each others' way b/c of that. 4-4-1-1 would suit them better so they would not be making the sam runs simultaneously.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 26, 2012, 11:18:39 PM
Reply #196

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Poor performamce 3 pts fuck it

Sent via carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

December 26, 2012, 11:41:06 PM
Reply #197

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Shit game but a good 3 points.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 26, 2012, 11:50:16 PM
Reply #198

sharpattack

I missed the game. Going by some of the posts here it seems I didn't miss much
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 26, 2012, 11:53:17 PM
Reply #199

blueski

I missed the game. Going by some of the posts here it seems I didn't miss much
Would have been a good debate; osman with the first goal and also stupidly left his leg hanging out there for what was clearly a pen

ugly game though
Nil Satis

December 26, 2012, 11:58:47 PM
Reply #200

sharpattack

Would have been a good debate; osman with the first goal and also stupidly left his leg hanging out there for what was clearly a pen

ugly game though
I would hate to disappoint you so I watched the goals and Osman's was a deflected handball! They don't show the penalty shout. Their goal was shite.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/everton-2-wigan-1/
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 27, 2012, 12:00:50 AM
Reply #201

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Jelavic will bang them in if Fellaini doesn't play just behind him.

He is just short of confidence. He works hard and the goals will come. We do need them.

Good win, average performance but we getting results with a paper- thin stretched squad. Good omens I reckon.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2012, 12:04:10 AM
Reply #202

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Poor performamce 3 pts fuck it

Sent via carrier pigeon
this
Wigan played some nice football at times and we were lucky the ref didn't give a penalty, but Maloney was lucky not to get sent off for his reaction

Jelavic needs a rest, Mirallas needs to get fit, and Hitz needs to shoot more often
and this Mahoney didn't even get booked  :headbang: we need someone to shoot from distance particular in weather like today

December 27, 2012, 12:20:32 AM
Reply #203

blueski

I would hate to disappoint you so I watched the goals and Osman's was a deflected handball! They don't show the penalty shout. Their goal was shite.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/everton-2-wigan-1/

LOL yeah least it looked like it had enough power to go in this time though
Nil Satis

December 27, 2012, 01:22:17 AM
Reply #204

Blue Nose Davey

Just got home myself... horrendous game that... sitting there with soaking wet feet, freezing cold, watching Neville nearly ruin my Christmas is an experience I'll be happy to forget... but 3 points is in the bag, so fuck it.

December 27, 2012, 04:19:44 AM
Reply #205

John Doe

Hitzlsperger needs a new contract. He is a brilliant bit of business from Moyes.

December 27, 2012, 05:45:20 AM
Reply #206

bluestevie

Another well earned three points again but another soft goal conceded. The penalty decision is a hard one to call, Ossie was soft to leave his leg out but I think Maloney leaned into it rather than being clipped.

On a side note congrats to Phil Neville on his 500th Premier League game, great achievement by a model pro
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson