31 (79.5%)
Draw
4 (10.3%)
Lose
2 (5.1%)
Postponed due to burst pipes
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Everton v Wigan  (Read 21914 times)

December 26, 2012, 10:55:15 PM
Reply #180

Snipellis11

Great 3 points, needed that. COYB!!!

December 26, 2012, 10:55:20 PM
Reply #181

Outworlder47

Jelavic is woefully out of form and short of confidence right now. Unfortunately, with injuries and suspensions, there really aren't a whole lot of options if he's dropped to the bench. Getting Mirallas back will help out, certainly.

December 26, 2012, 10:55:23 PM
Reply #182

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes a change not to have to talk about any dodgy decisions by the ref too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 26, 2012, 10:56:13 PM
Reply #183

Thom

Administrator
Deserved win again. Not much in the way of excitement/chances but it's another three points to add to our tally. Thought Osman and Pienaar were very, very good again, and but for one small balls up at the back (not the goal!) thought Howard was much better too.

Tough couple of matches coming up against Chelsea and Newcastle so a win today was imperative, and a much enjoyed Christmas present.

December 26, 2012, 10:56:33 PM
Reply #184

Everton Mint

6 points so far without Fellaini !

December 26, 2012, 10:57:00 PM
Reply #185

coloradoblue

Dunno....They could have had a pen. I'm sure Martinez will point that out and you know they've been given before now.....

December 26, 2012, 10:57:27 PM
Reply #186

Dreggs

Glad to get that one...

It's still a Merry Christmas and hopefully a Fucking Great New Year...

Enjoy a cheeky few drinks now !!!

All the Best
Jobs, Homes, Friends, Family and Women
will always come and go...

Only one thing will be with me for every day
I breathe on this earth...  "EVERTON FC"

December 26, 2012, 10:58:49 PM
Reply #187

chang

Great result for us, not easy in that weather for anyone - thought Mason was sensible.

2012 calender year we have been right up there. :woohoo:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:59:44 PM by chang »

December 26, 2012, 11:02:44 PM
Reply #188

American Evertonian

6 points so far without Fellaini !

With Gibbo possibly picking up an injury I wouldn't be shocked to see him dropped to DM when he gets back.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 26, 2012, 11:04:19 PM
Reply #189

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Good result, average performance.  Osman and Pienaar standouts for me again.  Naismith had a decent enough game when he came on as well and Hitz did well. 

December 26, 2012, 11:04:24 PM
Reply #190

Danny

I think theirs was definately a pen, Osmans foot seems to connect with Maloneys left foot, also i'm 90 percent sure Kone handballs the ball down to himself for their goal.

December 26, 2012, 11:06:37 PM
Reply #191

fast lane

Not a great match, but getting all the points was the most important thing, and in that we luckily succeeded.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 26, 2012, 11:07:58 PM
Reply #192

American Evertonian

Good result, average performance.  Osman and Pienaar standouts for me again.  Naismith had a decent enough game when he came on as well and Hitz did well. 

Agree. Thought Naismith showed some good understanding with Jelavic. After he came on Jelavic seemed to be a bit more in the game.

As I mentioned earlier I though Oviedo did a good job as well. Not saying he is good enough to upend either Mirallas or Pienaar as a top winger for us but there is not a huge drop in quality when he comes in. Great squad player.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 26, 2012, 11:08:56 PM
Reply #193

Shogun

Administrator
goal and assist for Victor in two matches :)

We need Gibson on Sunday but the luck we've had with injuries this season then he'll be out for a while.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 26, 2012, 11:10:06 PM
Reply #194

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Agree. Thought Naismith showed some good understanding with Jelavic. After he came on Jelavic seemed to be a bit more in the game.

As I mentioned earlier I though Oviedo did a good job as well. Not saying he is good enough to upend either Mirallas or Pienaar as a top winger for us but there is not a huge drop in quality when he comes in. Great squad player.

Yeah I think he and Naismith are going to be exactly what you need from squad players, versatile and relatively consistent.  I think a lot of why Jelavic looked better is he and Vic play too close together and are going for the same balls.