November 25, 2017, 07:57:34 AM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 32727 times)

January 22, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
Reply #540

blueblueblue

Worst match ive seen us play all season. Comes to something when Jelavic is looking a better defender than a forward, Victor comes on and was probaby the best player on the pitch after 5mins playing. Felli is a natural DM and looks so much more effective breaking up play and distributing it, play him there ffs. Neville in the team is like having 10 men and a training cone with arms on the field and you can see nobody wants to pass to him unless they have no other option. Jags is a beast of a defender but for christs sake his hoofball is driving me nuts. Osman and Pienaar both had bad games, looked sluggish and dwelled on the ball all night, only to play lazy passes and get us in trouble time and again. Naismith, arrgh the lad is doing my head in now, his 1st touch is the worst in the team and he doesnt seem to have any understanding with what his team mates are trying to do, every time he seems to make the wrong run, wrong pass, i feel for the lad injuries and all but that doesnt excuse consistant poor performances. Howard is having the worst run of form since he joined the team i just hope 2 clean sheets will get his confidence back and perhaps he can work on kicking a ball in a straight line in training.

Good to see Kev back even if he was off the pace a little and Coleman is definatly looking a real RB, pity he got injured, i hope its not serious.

Lucky to get a point when all is said and done, but as has been mentioned our run in is stupid hard, too many points dropped now and low on confidence, cant see us pushing on without some fresh blood and a big turn around in form but COYB we can do it!!
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

January 22, 2013, 04:35:03 PM
Reply #541

steve81

Worst match ive seen us play all season. Comes to something when Jelavic is looking a better defender than a forward, Victor comes on and was probaby the best player on the pitch after 5mins playing. Felli is a natural DM and looks so much more effective breaking up play and distributing it, play him there ffs. Neville in the team is like having 10 men and a training cone with arms on the field and you can see nobody wants to pass to him unless they have no other option. Jags is a beast of a defender but for christs sake his hoofball is driving me nuts. Osman and Pienaar both had bad games, looked sluggish and dwelled on the ball all night, only to play lazy passes and get us in trouble time and again. Naismith, arrgh the lad is doing my head in now, his 1st touch is the worst in the team and he doesnt seem to have any understanding with what his team mates are trying to do, every time he seems to make the wrong run, wrong pass, i feel for the lad injuries and all but that doesnt excuse consistant poor performances. Howard is having the worst run of form since he joined the team i just hope 2 clean sheets will get his confidence back and perhaps he can work on kicking a ball in a straight line in training.

Good to see Kev back even if he was off the pace a little and Coleman is definatly looking a real RB, pity he got injured, i hope its not serious.

Lucky to get a point when all is said and done, but as has been mentioned our run in is stupid hard, too many points dropped now and low on confidence, cant see us pushing on without some fresh blood and a big turn around in form but COYB we can do it!!
moyes needs felli in midfield as we have been found out with him in a supporting role also what has happened to our crisp passing

January 22, 2013, 04:39:40 PM
Reply #542

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
moyes needs felli in midfield as we have been found out with him in a supporting role also what has happened to our crisp passing

With no Gibbo and Seamus out I'd consider dropping Felli back.

With regards to the passing we're in poor form.

If we battle through it then I'd expect to see it back sooner or later.

January 22, 2013, 04:44:10 PM
Reply #543

Macca77

Jelavic doesn't need a rest,  he needs to play and get amongst the goals again. We'll just have to preserve with him. He won't score sat on the bench. He's quality and will come good again.

He needs to be dropped then, simple as that

January 22, 2013, 05:07:21 PM
Reply #544

sharpattack

I don't see why Osman couldn't combine with Coleman well down the right -

Over the last few years when Osman was playing just as bad as he did last night, there were people on here making excuses for him by saying he was played out of position and that he was wasted on the right and needed to be CM. What happens? He is moved to CM and is just as ineffective. I realise that at the moment there are very few options on the bench so we have to stick with him, but it is clear we desperately need a good midfielder to replace this guy
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't