October 18, 2019, 12:59:53 PM

Author Topic: Barca v. Inter  (Read 11861 times)

April 28, 2010, 09:13:00 PM
Read 11861 times

fast lane

Tonight the return.
Barca have to rectify their two goal deficit. One thing is certain, they'll have to play a lot better than they did in Milan.

Personally I don't get why so many people on here are for Inter.
Historically they've always been a horrible defensive team, almost destroying the career of Dennis Bergkamp, amongst others.
Sure they have a good and charismatic coach in Mourinho, but he's so far up his own arse, it's unbelievable.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 28, 2010, 09:41:09 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Tonight the return.
Barca have to rectify their two goal deficit. One thing is certain, they'll have to play a lot better than they did in Milan.

Historically they've always been a horrible defensive team, almost destroying the career of Dennis Bergkamp, amongst others.
Sure they have a good and charismatic coach in Mourinho, but he's so far up his own arse, it's unbelievable.

Inter aren't playing tonight.

Make no mistake it's Barcelona vs. Mourinho.

People love Barcelona but for his faults people love Mourinho still. Probably because he is so far up his own arse he is a parody of himself these days.

Anyhow looking forward to it.

April 28, 2010, 10:49:49 PM
Reply #2

ilikebrunettes

crock of shit. Does MOurinho pass the ball? dos he save the shots?

No, its Barca v Inter ffs
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 28, 2010, 11:09:07 PM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

It's very much Barca vs Mourihno, in a way. In terms of the squad, Barca are miles ahead, but last time Mourihno got his tactics so well that they embarrassed Barca.

Or, if you like, it's Guardiola vs Mourihno.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 28, 2010, 11:45:07 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Because thats what I was saying.

You nailed it. Congratulations.

I literally meant Mourinho was out there running about making tackles and saving shots all of the while managing himself.

I was talking about perception, media perception and lets face it a large if not majority of the public. In the original post I was replying to fast lane was openly wondering why people are rooting for Inter over Barca, and my point was that this is less of a story of people rooting for Inter, rather they were rooting for Mourinho. Maybe its not like that on here where people have appreciation for other leagues and follow other teams regularly but from an English perspective given Mourinho's impact in his time over here tonight is the story of Barcelona vs. Mourinho.

A story rightly or wrongly portrayed as Barca player's skill vs. Mourinho's tactics. It makes sense as I'm sure if you stopped the average premier league fan on the street they'd be able to name a lot more of Barca's players than they could Inter players (they'd probably struggle to get past 1 or 2). People I think look at this tie and think of the likes of Messi or Xavi for Barca, but on the flip side they don't think really think of players for Inter they think of Mourinho. To an extent I think a lot of the public would see this game the same way if it was Barca vs. Porto with Mourinho in charge.

You can accept that or not but you don't need to be ridiculously over reactionary.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:59:17 PM by blueToffee »

April 29, 2010, 12:11:28 AM
Reply #5

Gumpinio

For me its because Mourinho has more charisma than the entire Barca sqaud combined, infact he probably has more than the rest of Southern Europe combined and becuase Barca are the favourites in the tie, its easy to support an under dog.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

April 29, 2010, 01:18:55 AM
Reply #6

Haile GAZrselassie

the pitch will have been watered tonight. that will help barca immensely.

i want barca to win purely for footballing reasons. they give me a hardon. inter's fans and even their president dont appreciate what mourinho has done for them so they can go fuck themselves.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

April 29, 2010, 01:25:41 AM
Reply #7

ilikebrunettes

personally, if Mourinho loses tonight... he will be at Inter next season.

win win for Inter

April 29, 2010, 01:33:06 AM
Reply #8

Gary Iceman

i want inter to win also.always wanted them to win when they were on channel 4.and i loved the derbys with AC.maybe cos one team wore blue they other red.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

April 29, 2010, 01:33:35 AM
Reply #9

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Really looking forward to this tonight - Barca have to go for it obviously but I can see Mourinho setting out to grab an away goal too, much like they did at Chelsea.

Hope Barca win personally, however I quite like Inter so I wouldn't be sad to see them through to the final.

Regarding this whole Barca v Mourinho thing - it's getting quite embarrassing now to to be honest some of the media love in with Mourinho.  Yes he's a personality and a great manager, but the way Richard Keys and Andy Gray in particular fawn over him is just appalling.  I wish they'd make the effort to talk about Inter and their qualities as a team rather than credit Mourinho for absolutely everything that they do well and make it all about him all the time.

Strange looking formation from Barca according to ITV, I wonder if they might actually play Milito at left back rather than as a back 3.  Having said that they do need to attack so I suppose that going 3 at the back might be one way of helping that.

April 29, 2010, 01:36:19 AM
Reply #10

ilikebrunettes

Barca wont play 3 at the back. That nulifys Keita completely, who is a massive attacking threat

April 29, 2010, 02:07:27 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
Nice turn by Xavi, should have smacked it though.

Been one of those games that gets hyped up, but has so far failed to deliver, unfortunatley.

April 29, 2010, 02:15:05 AM
Reply #12

Thom

Administrator
Motta sent off for brushing Busquet's face. Busquet looking at the ref to make sure he was getting sent off before writhing around some more.

And now it's all kicking off. Grabbing Busquets by the back of the neck now. Going to get tasty now I reckon.

April 29, 2010, 02:15:16 AM
Reply #13

ilikebrunettes

shocking playing acting by Busquets. But Motta is a bit thick

April 29, 2010, 02:15:18 AM
Reply #14

cantoffee

Harsh, harsh red card, he just extended his arm to feel out where the defender was, no deserving of another yellow.