October 20, 2019, 12:44:02 PM

Author Topic: Barca v. Inter  (Read 11864 times)

April 29, 2010, 02:16:44 AM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
Very poor red that. Terrible piece of play acting. The game has gone soft if that is violent conduct.

April 29, 2010, 02:17:52 AM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I was neutral before, now Im Inter all the way

April 29, 2010, 02:18:14 AM
Reply #17

Gumpinio

Hope Busquets gets punished after the match, he won't be, but he should, because if Inter win through Motta will miss out on the final becuase hes a cheating bastard.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

April 29, 2010, 02:21:52 AM
Reply #18

Army71990

What a save from Julio Cesar!! you simply don't get much better than that
"We had a terrible start to the season and a lot of that had to do with Manchester City. I would rather come here and show a bit of dignity with our result. What we should be talking about is the performance of Everton, which was outstanding"

April 29, 2010, 02:22:01 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Saha got red for less.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 29, 2010, 02:23:58 AM
Reply #20

cantoffee

Seems like the crowd has gotten to the ref, that yellow for Cesar was a little ridiculous.

Im leaning towards Inter now after what's gone on, Busquets should be ashamed and so should the Barca supporters, although they're probably pretty happy with themselves right now.

April 29, 2010, 02:27:32 AM
Reply #21

cantoffee

Soft fouls all over the place, this is pathetic refereeing, let them play.

April 29, 2010, 02:30:32 AM
Reply #22

Gash

Global Moderator
All getting a bit untidy at the moment. Pretty disappointing game so far.

April 29, 2010, 02:37:44 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

It was a red, by the letter of the law.

If you ask me though, I think there was no intent. I think he was trying to protect the ball, and didn't realise his hand was high enough to hit his face. If that makes sense.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 29, 2010, 02:40:14 AM
Reply #24

cantoffee

It was a red, by the letter of the law.

If you ask me though, I think there was no intent. I think he was trying to protect the ball, and didn't realise his hand was high enough to hit his face. If that makes sense.

No it wasn't. No law says that it was.

April 29, 2010, 02:41:13 AM
Reply #25

cad

What a save from Julio Cesar!! you simply don't get much better than that

The one bright spot in a shit match.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

April 29, 2010, 02:42:20 AM
Reply #26

Endless, Nameless

No it wasn't. No law says that it was.

Pretty sure if hand meets face the ref can give a red.

Remember Saha's? That had even less in it.

April 29, 2010, 02:43:37 AM
Reply #27

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The thing was, the straight red was harsh but a booking would have been expected and that would have seen him sent off anyway.  Terrible piece of playacting from Busquets though, really poor.

Barca have been far too one-dimensional so far, although that's mainly because Inter are just sitting so deep and letting them do what they want until they get towards their area.  Alves seems to be the best source of space for Barca, and Pedro has found some space out on the left as well - the trouble is that Samuel and Lucio are so dominant in the air that Barca's crosses would have to be perfect.

It's been pretty much as I'd have expected to be honest, I found that a decent half really.  Would obviously have been better if the game had flowed more, but Barca's gamesmanship and Inter's time wasting is preventing that.

April 29, 2010, 02:45:53 AM
Reply #28

cantoffee

Pretty sure if hand meets face the ref can give a red.

Remember Saha's? That had even less in it.

Refs nowadays barely know the rules it seems. If you're running wildly and swinging your arms in the air and smack someone's face, I get it, that's a red. But to just put your arm behind you to feel how close your opponent is and barely graze his face is no form of violent conduct or any other offence.

April 29, 2010, 02:46:31 AM
Reply #29

Endless, Nameless

The thing was, the straight red was harsh but a booking would have been expected and that would have seen him sent off anyway.  Terrible piece of playacting from Busquets though, really poor.

Barca have been far too one-dimensional so far, although that's mainly because Inter are just sitting so deep and letting them do what they want until they get towards their area.  Alves seems to be the best source of space for Barca, and Pedro has found some space out on the left as well - the trouble is that Samuel and Lucio are so dominant in the air that Barca's crosses would have to be perfect.

It's been pretty much as I'd have expected to be honest, I found that a decent half really.  Would obviously have been better if the game had flowed more, but Barca's gamesmanship and Inter's time wasting is preventing that.

No one's doubting that. I think players who do this (and it can be proven, via the footage) should be punished harshly after the game. Some big ass fines and suspensions and this shit would stop.