October 17, 2019, 05:27:07 AM

Author Topic: Barca v. Inter  (Read 11852 times)

April 29, 2010, 03:42:51 AM
Reply #45

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Mourinho reaction at the end.  lolol
Should have a TV show.
Setanta used to have Special 1 TV, Was hilarious
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 29, 2010, 03:42:55 AM
Reply #46

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Fair play to Inter, they got it very right over 2 legs.  They got that big stroke of luck at the end with the disallowed goal which the tie quite literally was decided on, however they had done enough over the 2 legs to go through.

April 29, 2010, 03:44:10 AM
Reply #47

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Barca didn't deserve it over 2 legs but that goal will rankle. All karma I guess. They shouldn't have got through to the final last year against Chelsea.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 29, 2010, 03:44:15 AM
Reply #48

Flusky

Mourinho really is an absolute tactical genius.

April 29, 2010, 03:45:12 AM
Reply #49

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

He got the tactics right for sure, but I wish the players would actually get some credit for a change.

They have something to do with it too.

April 29, 2010, 03:46:44 AM
Reply #50

Endless, Nameless

Barca didn't deserve it over 2 legs but that goal will rankle. All karma I guess. They shouldn't have got through to the final last year against Chelsea.

That's a decent way to look at it. Still, the referee and his assistants were beyond shit.

He's the most interesting man in football. And however composed and calm he may look on the outside, you saw tonight, when the game was over, what it all means to him.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 29, 2010, 03:50:23 AM
Reply #51

Flusky

That's a decent way to look at it. Still, the referee and his assistants were beyond shit.

He's the most interesting man in football. And however composed and calm he may look on the outside, you saw tonight, when the game was over, what it all means to him.

He's like Fergie. He treats every final and cup win like his first and last. Lives and breathes the game.

April 29, 2010, 03:51:42 AM
Reply #52

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

He is a showman.  Right down to those celebrations at the end really.

April 29, 2010, 03:53:33 AM
Reply #53

blue for you

well done inter and the special one the best team are in the final and with ten men
as well. messi was missing again to night inter have better player's and they prove it to night.

April 29, 2010, 03:54:32 AM
Reply #54

.Rimbo.

I was neutral before, now Im Inter all the way

This is what I was like. I was indifferent before but I hate Sergio Busquets the slimy cunt and I wanted him to be watching the final from the sofa. Made up he is, he is ridiculous at play-acting. Meh...I've seen red cards given for what Motta did, albeit a bit soft, but Busquets angered me so much I was rooting for Inter all the way. It's moments like that that make me wonder if the sport is going to the dogs.

Excellent win for Inter though. And FAO Lionel Messi, Mourinho is still THE Special One; catch up ;)

In all seriousness though, the media love-in, as Risky says, for Mourinho is ridiculous. Richard Keys is ridiculous for it and I remember Souness calling him out on it in the Chelsea Inter tie, I was fully behind Souness. Sky, ITV and the media in general love a story so try and make one at every opportunity.

Callum, I wouldn't say Barca's squad is miles better than Inter's. Inter have some excellent players and a good blend of experience and youth. Mourinho did mastermind Barca's downfall but some of the defending from Inter in both legs (and vs. Chelsea) was incredible.

Javier Zanetti has to go down as one of the all-time greats! I mean up there with Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini. He is an old school veteran that's still got it. He can still play 90 minutes as well!

April 29, 2010, 03:54:42 AM
Reply #55

Endless, Nameless

He's like Fergie. He treats every final and cup win like his first and last. Lives and breathes the game.
He is a showman.  Right down to those celebrations at the end really.

Completely agree. I'm tired of this straight faced, unemotional bullshit that all other managers seem to project. Sometimes people want to see that they're not robots.

My only worry is that Jose will go to Liverpool. I'd cry if that happened.

April 29, 2010, 03:55:17 AM
Reply #56

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
And such a funny guy. Running around after the final whistle was one of the funniest things ever.
MAn City going to make a huge offer for him this summer.

April 29, 2010, 03:56:55 AM
Reply #57

Endless, Nameless

And such a funny guy. Running around after the final whistle was one of the funniest things ever.
MAn City going to make a huge offer for him this summer.

Yeah, I'd be pissed if they get him to.

I'd love to see him here, but clearly that isn't going to happen, so perhaps united? I'd just like him back in this league tbh.

April 29, 2010, 03:59:00 AM
Reply #58

blue for you

Completely agree. I'm tired of this straight faced, unemotional bullshit that all other managers seem to project. Sometimes people want to see that they're not robots.

they couldn't afford his fucking flight ticket, jose next stop is real madrid

April 29, 2010, 04:03:47 AM
Reply #59

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

I don't really care how a manager acts, provided they do the job well and properly. 

Sure Mourinho's entertaining, but just because he loves to put on a show like that doesn't mean that he cares any more than a manager who is cool and calm all the time.  Or one who doesn't go out of his way to provide soundbites for the media constantly.

He is a great manager, no doubt about it and he also brings something fresh to the game.  I do think that the fawning of him is completely over the top though, it's not like he's faultless by any stretch of the imagination.