October 17, 2019, 10:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Barca v. Inter  (Read 11857 times)

April 29, 2010, 04:05:38 AM
Reply #60

Endless, Nameless

I don't really care how a manager acts, provided they do the job well and properly. 

Sure Mourinho's entertaining, but just because he loves to put on a show like that doesn't mean that he cares any more than a manager who is cool and calm all the time.  Or one who doesn't go out of his way to provide soundbites for the media constantly.

He is a great manager, no doubt about it and he also brings something fresh to the game.  I do think that the fawning of him is completely over the top though, it's not like he's faultless by any stretch of the imagination.

I think he says/expresses what he thinks more than other managers, and I like this. Moyes does it too. I hate it when tits like Benitez wear the same grumpy face, whether they win or lose. Just my preference; I'm not "fawning" over anyone.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 29, 2010, 04:07:58 AM
Reply #61

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think he says/expresses what he thinks more than other managers, and I like this. Moyes does it too. I hate it when tits like Benitez wear the same grumpy face, whether they win or lose. Just my preference; I'm not "fawning" over anyone.

Yeah I wasn't getting at you mate, I was just talking about the general media lovefest that exists when it comes to Mourinho.

April 29, 2010, 04:09:49 AM
Reply #62

Flusky

Yeah, I'd be pissed if they get him to.

I'd love to see him here, but clearly that isn't going to happen, so perhaps united? I'd just like him back in this league tbh.

I can just see it now.

Mourinho "Ok, Barry. You play one two through the middle with Bellamy. Tevez, beat the offside trap."
Barry "And how much do we get in bonuses for that boss?"
Mourinho "Fuck this, I'm off to United."

April 29, 2010, 04:10:41 AM
Reply #63

Flusky

they couldn't afford his fucking flight ticket, jose next stop is real madrid

This, unless Guardiola jumps ship. He wants to win La Liga.

April 29, 2010, 04:12:37 AM
Reply #64

Endless, Nameless

Yeah I wasn't getting at you mate, I was just talking about the general media lovefest that exists when it comes to Mourinho.
They do love him, but when you contrast him with the other managers on offer, can you blame them?

I can just see it now.

Mourinho "Ok, Barry. You play one two through the middle with Bellamy. Tevez, beat the offside trap."
Barry "And how much do we get in bonuses for that boss?"
Mourinho "Fuck this, I'm off to United."

Haha. The sad thing is that that's probably a lot closer to the truth than we think  :eh:
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 29, 2010, 04:20:01 AM
Reply #65

Thom

Administrator
Another hyped up game that was fairly average, bar the 3/4 major incidents. Good goal by Pique, and Barcelona should be in the final with Bojan's goal. That said, Inter defended admirably and deserve to go through.

I think that's the first time I've seen every single player (including goalkeepers) in one half during a match too. That's how deep Inter were.

April 29, 2010, 04:20:10 AM
Reply #66

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
They do love him, but when you contrast him with the other managers on offer, can you blame them?

Yes, because I expect balanced and informative football coverage, and not the kind of personality cult that's been seen on Sky's coverage of the CL in particular this year.  I don't know whether you've seen any of the stuff that I'm talking about, but Rimbo referred to it in his post earlier.  At times it's been little more than Richard Keys sat there with a stiffy over Mourinho, it's been absolutely cringeworthy and Souness has quite rightly called Keys out over it on more than one occasion.

This is the stuff that I'm talking about that has really wound me up in the last couple of months.  Obviously Mourinho is a big character and a big story, but it would be nice if just for once perhaps some of the Inter players could be discussed or better yet given some credit for their part in producing the goods.

April 29, 2010, 04:23:14 AM
Reply #67

Flusky

Yes, because I expect balanced and informative football coverage, and not the kind of personality cult that's been seen on Sky's coverage of the CL in particular this year.  I don't know whether you've seen any of the stuff that I'm talking about, but Rimbo referred to it in his post earlier.  At times it's been little more than Richard Keys sat there with a stiffy over Mourinho, it's been absolutely cringeworthy and Souness has quite rightly called Keys out over it on more than one occasion.

This is the stuff that I'm talking about that has really wound me up in the last couple of months.  Obviously Mourinho is a big character and a big story, but it would be nice if just for once perhaps some of the Inter players could be discussed or better yet given some credit for their part in producing the goods.

How do you think Barca feel when every single aspect of their success is credited to Lionel Messi?

April 29, 2010, 04:23:20 AM
Reply #68

.Rimbo.

Why would you ever expect that?  :whistle:

Honestly, I know what you mean. Punditry is really getting on my nerves now as well but I don't really mind Sky (bar the odd pundit here and there). ITV though is just shite. Utter tripe.

April 29, 2010, 04:23:54 AM
Reply #69

Flusky

Why would you ever expect that?  :whistle:

Honestly, I know what you mean. Punditry is really getting on my nerves now as well but I don't really mind Sky (bar the odd pundit here and there). ITV though is just shite. Utter tripe.

Don't worry, its due a massive boost in quality when Adrian Chiles joins!

April 29, 2010, 04:25:29 AM
Reply #70

.Rimbo.

In fact, add Channel 5 and BBC to the "shite" list. I haven't got ESPN so I can't really comment.

April 29, 2010, 04:25:43 AM
Reply #71

toffee_scot

Disappointing for Barcelona, it was a frustrating performance in the first 80 minutes and Inter going down to 10 men only meant that they would tighten their defence even more, Inter brought on more and more defenders and had Chivu playing in a more advanced role at the start which I found strange!

But Inter deserve to go through for showing resilience and they were certainly the better team in the first leg. Barcelona lacked some ideas and if they are going to bring in more players in the summer then they need some more arial power up front, Ibrahimovic just doesn't impress.

April 29, 2010, 04:25:55 AM
Reply #72

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Side note. Barca were bad as a whole over 2 legs but Ibrahimovich was the worst of the lot. Just didn't seem to care. I am sure he was tho but seemed disinterested. Cannot understand how someone with his undeniable talents goes missing so often.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 29, 2010, 04:26:19 AM
Reply #73

Flusky

In fact, add Channel 5 and BBC to the "shite" list. I haven't got ESPN so I can't really comment.

Joe Royle.

Nuff said.

April 29, 2010, 04:26:25 AM
Reply #74

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
How do you think Barca feel when every single aspect of their success is credited to Lionel Messi?

It's a similar thing to be honest, but I don't see what that's got to do with anything?  Other than further proving the lazy journalistic standards that I'm referring to.