result?

Manchester United Win
29 (39.2%)
Draw
23 (31.1%)
Everton win
22 (29.7%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Manchester United v Everton  (Read 26861 times)

February 11, 2013, 03:50:15 AM
Reply #420

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I was optimistic beforehand but the result is exactly what our respective forms represent.  United pressed harder and had the cutting edge in RVP that we miss in Jelavic.  Ferguson outhought Moyes tactically and pressed Baines back taking him out the game and Fellaini had no chance being man marked throughout. 

We looked jaded again and they looked really up for it.  It's a shame but there it is. 

Defensively I thought everyone but Jags was poor and only Gibson was any good in midfield.  Vic did okay with fuck all up front.  Howard pulled off a really great save which was nice to see and stopped it getting to embarrassing.  Really glad I went the flicks straight after the match based on this match thread, usual reactions.

February 11, 2013, 04:10:41 AM
Reply #421

ally2

We were beaten by the better team. Having said that I do think Moyes was out thought. He missed Distin but shit happens. That could have happened anytime in the game. Our problem is limited options. Fellaini and out left side are clearly our strengths. But better teams have dangerous options all over the pitch and can rest players too. Like J tied today. And not us today.

February 11, 2013, 04:13:14 AM
Reply #422

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I think 4th disappeared a few weekends ago. From the 'top' teams left to play I think we will lose to the RS and Chelsea, win at arsenal and draw to city and spurs.need to win a the other games I guess which I don't think we will, so need to win the cup. Easier said than done!!!
I have to return some videotapes.

February 11, 2013, 05:31:01 AM
Reply #423

bluestevie

Disappointing but fair result and it was far far from a roll over job. Think the Distin injury rocked us, being so late in the day, for the first 10-15 minutes (the Giggs goal was preventable) but after that I thought we played well for the rest of the half (second goal aside, also preventable). Second half just didn't get going for either team really bar the two saves from Howard and De Gea and the odd wasted attack. 4th has well gone now but I still think we can claim 5th at best, 6th at the lowest.

As for that lot catching us, well West Brom won't be easy tomorrow for them, and Swansea have already turned them over once at Anfield this season so that won't be a walk over either
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 11, 2013, 05:48:24 AM
Reply #424

the doc

I'm a bit peed off with today, Utd weren't great, but still comfortable, the one thing I have noticed with us this season, and again today, is how weak we are in the tackle and 50/50 challenges ect, I know we have a few "slight" players but it really stood out again today. Anichebe was back to his old self today, Osman aswell, the only positives were Jags, who was defending for 4, and also Jelevic looked a bit sharper.

February 11, 2013, 12:47:19 PM
Reply #425

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah we didn't roll over, we just didn't have the cutting edge or quality to make the chances that a lot of our build up deserved.

This.

It's a reflection of lots of this season's play.

Poor individual defending and not having the cutting edge the other way.

You're going to struggle at Utd with that combination.

February 11, 2013, 12:52:55 PM
Reply #426

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think we played ok and I really felt the poor pitch hindered us. Vidic had a blinder and blocked quite a few goal bound shots in the first half from pretty close range.

Again we worked really good positions but poor decision making cost us. And to best United you have to be perfect. We weren't so we lost.

Onwards to the FA cup
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 11, 2013, 01:51:37 PM
Reply #427

david smallman

I'm a bit peed off with today, Utd weren't great, but still comfortable, the one thing I have noticed with us this season, and again today, is how weak we are in the tackle and 50/50 challenges ect, I know we have a few "slight" players but it really stood out again today. Anichebe was back to his old self today, Osman aswell, the only positives were Jags, who was defending for 4, and also Jelevic looked a bit sharper.
Bang on that.
We were not hungry enough today and for me too many players are looking tired.
Should have strengthened in the window and our boards lack of ambition and support could hit our european hopes

February 11, 2013, 04:48:06 PM
Reply #428

Rodenplav64

Heitinga ( he turns like an oil tanker ) and Neville being caught out by inches cost us a point . We never looked like scoring other than Ossies effort and to be fair we lacked confidence in front of goal . I think we only have so many points in us over a season no matter how we start off . Liverpool are hitting form and we will end up 7th .