November 18, 2017, 02:39:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs. Oldham (FA Cup 5th round replay)  (Read 27893 times)

February 24, 2013, 07:14:28 PM
Reply #15

School of Science

Actually nervous about this game,the way I look at it the only way we will win is if we score more goals ;D. I realise what ive just typed there,what I mean is we now find it almost impossible to keep a clean sheet.So what we need is 2 strikers so we can outscore them,because lets face it when they pump the fkin ball in the area to that 6' 6"lump of shite,they are bound to score sometime.

So my team is Howard,Coleman,Distin,Jags,Baines,Miralles(To re-ignite his pacy partnership with Coleman,athreat on both flanks),Fellaini with Gibson centre mid,Pienaar and up front Anichiebe with Jelavic,the ball is'nt sticking with one striker it shoukld with two.
We need to change formation 4-4-2,lately we have been found out,this to me is our strongest side,strong in the middle,strong down both flanks and strong up top.Thoughts
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 24, 2013, 07:21:43 PM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
                        Howard

Coleman Jagielka Duffy Baines

Mirallas Gibson Fellaini Oviedo

Anichebe Jelavic

Mix it up just a bit. Really hope Vic is back for this. No more excuses for Jelavic, start scoring again, its your job
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 24, 2013, 07:25:44 PM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
                        Howard

Anichebe Jelavic

Mix it up just a bit. Really hope Vic is back for this. No more excuses for Jelavic, start scoring again, its your job
I would go with that

Simply simply lovely

February 24, 2013, 07:33:50 PM
Reply #18

School of Science

Howard

Anichebe Jelavic

Your team is the same formation as mine,not bad at all,but would you really drop Pienaar for Oviedo?,also thought Distin was one of our better performers yesterday.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 24, 2013, 08:03:45 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Pienaar was responsible for most good things in the first meeting. I'd personally not drop him, especially as I don't think Oviedo has done all that much in his outings other than offer a bit more pace.

Also I'd give Duffy and Distin a go. A little more height at the back for set pieces. I'd also consider Barkley for Osman, side benefit that it adds a bit more height plus Osman could use a bit more rest I'd imagine. Hopefully he'd be able to provide a few more goal scoring chances too as we really aren't creating too much centrally these days.

I expect the same XI though as last time if Anichebe is fit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:04:48 PM by blueToffee »

February 24, 2013, 08:03:58 PM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
Can't see Anichebe being fit in the space of 3 days.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 24, 2013, 08:33:06 PM
Reply #21

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
What's wrong with Anichebe? Hope he is back! Desperately need him back (never thought if say that!!)
I'd also put Barkley in for osman
I have to return some videotapes.

February 24, 2013, 08:36:19 PM
Reply #22

blue1964

If we lose and I don't think for a minute we will then moyes should step down.

February 24, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
Reply #23

Thom

Administrator
Not that they didn't at the away game, but our fans really need to stand up for this match. It's our home game so the crowd is the advantage.

The team will be down on confidence, so an uplifting crowd will do them the world of good.

Some will say they don't deserve it after the last few games, but you pay money to go and boo your team, you're there to cheer them on even when we're 3 nil down!

So to those of you on Merseyside that can make the game; please get behind the boys!

Sort of agree, but I think the players have to come out firing and get an early goal to give the crowd a boost. The crowd will no doubt be a bit nervy to begin with after the last 3/4 results so it's a case of the crowd needing to get a good atmosphere going AND the players giving us an early goal to give us something more to cheer about.

Providing we score two before half time then we *should* do enough. If it's just the one goal though, or even worse drawing/losing then it'll be tough to see us progressing.

Also, people want Distin to be dropped? Absurd.

February 24, 2013, 09:29:53 PM
Reply #24

steve81

howard

coleman jags distin baines

pienaar gibson fellaini oviedo

mirallas

jelavic

February 24, 2013, 09:39:45 PM
Reply #25

Juanito

howard

coleman jags distin baines

pienaar gibson fellaini oviedo

mirallas

jelavic

Would go with this one too.

February 24, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
Reply #26

evertonarntwe

teamm is stale tired and needs freshning up, moyes been the stubborn manager he is, be the same 11 or near enough and we will scrape through
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

February 24, 2013, 10:50:32 PM
Reply #27

indiantoffee1975

If we do lose to Oldham then Moyes MUST resign. It's simple as.

February 24, 2013, 11:28:13 PM
Reply #28

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we do lose to Oldham then Moyes MUST resign. It's simple as.

Of course he isn't.

February 25, 2013, 01:48:03 AM
Reply #29

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Our biggest game of the season so far.

Haven't been this nervous about a game since the trip to Sunderland last year.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."