November 23, 2017, 09:50:20 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Portsmouth Official Thread  (Read 64528 times)

May 03, 2010, 11:30:09 PM
Reply #30

Cantoffie

I would be tempted to put Neville and/or Hibbert up front.
I like this Idear
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

May 03, 2010, 11:33:45 PM
Reply #31

Cantoffie

All In All... I just hope this is and ALL OUT attacking game ... I woould be thrilled to se a 4-1 Everton result or 4-2, 4-3, 8-4... you get the point.

Im just SO DAMN bored with the way we have played this season i just want to see SOMETHING that will get me the slightest bit exited for silly season and the coming PL season.

CYOB!!!
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

May 04, 2010, 12:47:09 AM
Reply #32

.Rimbo.

All In All... I just hope this is and ALL OUT attacking game ... I woould be thrilled to se a 4-1 Everton result or 4-2, 4-3, 8-4... you get the point.

Im just SO DAMN bored with the way we have played this season i just want to see SOMETHING that will get me the slightest bit exited for silly season and the coming PL season.

CYOB!!!

So you weren't the slightest bit excited when Rodwell slotted the third against United? Or Saha scored the second against Chelsea?

May 04, 2010, 10:42:12 AM
Reply #33

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
So you weren't the slightest bit excited when Rodwell slotted the third against United? Or Saha scored the second against Chelsea?

Meh ;)

In all seriousness though I can understand Cantoffie's sentiment as it does sometimes feel even when we do "go for it" we do it with the handbrake on. So with in game with nothing at stake we may as well try a couple of things.

May 05, 2010, 04:33:44 AM
Reply #34

Dr. Sponge

--Nash----
Baines-Duffy-Moyes-Mustafi
Osman-Rodwell-Wallace-Bily
----------Agard---------------------
-----------Hibbert--------------

Subs,Howard,Jags,Rathbone,Saha,Cahill
9-0

Hibbert 3
Nash 2
Bily 1
Agard 1
Moyes 1
Rathbone 1

Edit: Had Duffy twice

Hahahahaha the Moyes inclusion tickled me.

May 05, 2010, 01:38:09 PM
Reply #35

Derek

Pompey should never have been relegated given how well they can play when they want to.

We might as well go for it. All is lost now anyway. Can't be caught, can't overtake anyone.

Attack, attack, attack. Pompey are done and dusted and have an F.A Cup Final in mind. Give the fans a good send off for the season. If we start with one up front in this game I'll be pissed.

Hibbo to score a pen.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

May 05, 2010, 07:07:10 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pompey should never have been relegated given how well they can play when they want to.

We might as well go for it. All is lost now anyway. Can't be caught, can't overtake anyone.

Attack, attack, attack. Pompey are done and dusted and have an F.A Cup Final in mind. Give the fans a good send off for the season. If we start with one up front in this game I'll be pissed.

Hibbo to score a pen.

I don't see 1 up front as a problem.

You could have 5 up front and it wouldn't make a difference if the attitude wasn't to attack.

I agree with the sentiment that we should be really having a go though.

I'd like to see a pretty strong team with whoever the management think is the most ready youngster given a game.

Hibbo deffo on pens though.

May 05, 2010, 07:20:17 PM
Reply #37

Tony Clifton

I don't see 1 up front as a problem.

You could have 5 up front and it wouldn't make a difference if the attitude wasn't to attack.

I agree with the sentiment that we should be really having a go though.

I'd like to see a pretty strong team with whoever the management think is the most ready youngster given a game.

Hibbo deffo on pens though.

Fuck that!  Imagine the headlines -  'Everton footballer charged with manslaughter after penalty disaster'

May 06, 2010, 02:12:11 PM
Reply #38

Alanvideo

I don't think many clubs would get a sell-out for a meaningless match against an already relegated team ...........should be a party atmosphere ,bags of goals ,quite a lot of beer..............can't wait !
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 06, 2010, 06:59:15 PM
Reply #39

Thom

Administrator
------------------Howard-----------
Hibbert---Jagielka--Distin---Baines
Anichebe--Arteta---Neville---Pienaar
------------------Cahill-------------
----------------Yakubu---------

Bench: Turner, Yobo, Duffy, Bily, Heitinga, Saha, Rodwell

3-0 Everton. Yakubu, Arteta and Pienaar.

May 06, 2010, 07:00:33 PM
Reply #40

Endless, Nameless

Fuck that!  Imagine the headlines -  'Everton footballer charged with manslaughter after penalty disaster'

lolol  lolol   lolol
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 07, 2010, 08:58:30 PM
Reply #41

top flight for a long time

I saw this on the BBC

If he plays, Victor Anichebe will make his 100th appearance for Everton.  :shock:

100 appearances from Vic is a shock.
We're forever Everton....

May 08, 2010, 12:34:44 AM
Reply #42

Derek

That can't possibly be right?
Clarion Call.

May 08, 2010, 12:38:10 AM
Reply #43

Endless, Nameless

Apparently he's made 92 appearances (wikipedia).

That's a shock.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 08, 2010, 12:45:54 AM
Reply #44

Derek

Been around the team for a while, tbh. Gotta say I don't remember his 40 appearance season that well. Anyway.
Clarion Call.