Who should be the Manager of Everton next season

Rangnick
Martinez
Bilic
Lennon
Pereira
Stubbs
A.N Other

Author Topic: The Great Big Manager Post!  (Read 358665 times)

March 11, 2013, 05:32:42 AM
Reply #30

sirblue57

Can't believe people wanting rid of Moyes. Best manager we have had in a generation. May not have won a trophy but that is down to the resources at his disposal. If he leaves we'll be relegated within 2 years

i can give you a clue, neville in, gibson out.

need another?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

March 11, 2013, 05:43:09 AM
Reply #31

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

need another?

A manager is only as good as his last game?

March 11, 2013, 05:44:17 AM
Reply #32

MarcusFenix

Can't believe people wanting rid of Moyes. Best manager we have had in a generation. May not have won a trophy but that is down to the resources at his disposal. If he leaves we'll be relegated within 2 years

Personally I think Moyes has become stale,bored,going through the motions etc.. I love Moyes , I will always be grateful to him for dragging us from relegation candidates to a top 6-8 team season after season. After yesterday's debacle it seems more and more people are starting to feel that Moyes should go and to be honest I do think he should walk now before he tarnishes the good reputation he has with the majority of Everton supporters and the wider footballing world.If he doesn't walk then the board should withdraw the contract offer and put him on gardening leave until his contract ends.

I think its highly unlikely that we will finish 5th or 6th now, but you never know with the blues I suppose. Use Stubbs, Dunc or whoever from the backroom staff for now and start actively looking for the next Everton Manager in the next couple of months, get him in place for the summer , then if Baines and Fellaini do go he will be able to identify his targets and start work on next season.
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles

March 11, 2013, 06:25:30 AM
Reply #33

ally2

...start actively looking for the next Everton Manager in the next couple of months, get him in place for the summer , then if Baines and Fellaini do go he will be able to identify his targets and start work on next season.

That's the thing though. Look at how we conduct transfers. Especially the timing. I just hope to god that someone knows exactly what is happening at the end of the season and that it is conducted professionally and competently. But it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes says nothing at the end of the season. Then there's still silence after 2-3 weeks. No offers for Fellaini but rumours all over the place about bids for him and Baines. Then we get a third choice manager with a week to go before the season starts and his best players have gone.

Sorry to be so pessimistic.

March 11, 2013, 07:58:55 AM
Reply #34

buededw1

di canio for pure entertainment, i wanna see him breaking into finch farm

March 11, 2013, 01:01:16 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think part of it is that people are just bored with Moyes. He's never been the most adventurous manager to begin with, but any manager becomes predictable after 11 years, so unless you keep winning stuff, it gets very repetitive.

Of course another part of it is simple knee-jerk, nobody in their right minds would've voted for Martinez three months ago and let's face it, he can't have improved that much in that time.

This.

March 11, 2013, 02:23:25 PM
Reply #36

isleofman

If Moyes goes the favourite is Martinez.
If Wigan go down how can he be offered the Everton job as it is hardly good on the CV?
If Wigan get to the cup final and stay up would he want to leave after getting Wigan into Europe?
Seems to me there are still a lot of scenarios to be played out before this is decided.
For me now is the time for Moyes to committ and put everything into winning as many of the last 10 games till the end of the season.
If we hit a run of form who knows what might happen(the eternal optimist!)

March 11, 2013, 02:35:48 PM
Reply #37

sharpattack

need another?
No, there is no need. He picked a player who had a bad game. He should be sacked. On the same lines what was he thinking by playing Fellaini?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

March 11, 2013, 02:43:21 PM
Reply #38

david smallman

need another?
I have been told that Gibson was not risked due to his injury but if true what Moysie has said i dont get it.
Neville was embarrassing he was that bad

March 11, 2013, 03:11:04 PM
Reply #39

MRB85

Any chairman with a business head, or even a football head, would have approached Laudrup as soon as Moyes started arsing about.  The circumstances were perfect -- Moyes could have been got rid without compensation and Laudrup could have been acquired likewise without having to pay compensation to Swansea.  Too late now of course (assuming the press reports of Laudrup now having signed a new contract are correct). 

Moyes and Evereton have to part company.  But the options are looking pretty thin.   Martinez - no thank you.  Wigan lose far too many games by big margins for me not to worry that he'd take Everton down.  For me the stand out candidate - if not a particularly outstanding one - would be Steve Clarke.  Certainly there'd be no worries about relegation.  His West Brom side are only a few points off Moyes's Marvels in his first year in charge.  Their football is decent enough if not particularly exciting, but then the players he has available are hardly great entertainers.

If not Clarke then Mackay would be a decent shout.  After that you're really scratching your head.  Mind you, there's a CL winner who'll be looking for a job come May and who yearns after a return to Merseyside.......fact.

March 11, 2013, 03:12:52 PM
Reply #40

Danny

I think part of it is that people are just bored with Moyes. He's never been the most adventurous manager to begin with, but any manager becomes predictable after 11 years, so unless you keep winning stuff, it gets very repetitive.

Of course another part of it is simple knee-jerk, nobody in their right minds would've voted for Martinez three months ago and let's face it, he can't have improved that much in that time.

I think I fit into this catagory to be honest, I havn't really enjoyed watching us as much for the last 2 years so basically want a change.

On the other side of it though I voted for Martinez and I wanted him in the summer when it looked like Moyes was going to Spurs aswell.

March 11, 2013, 03:18:44 PM
Reply #41

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I understand people being bored etc but i don't get the not enjoyed watching us for last two years etc... 2012 was arguably the best football we have played under moyes. What's been frustating is the draws we had when we should have won.

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2013, 04:16:42 PM
Reply #42

Major Clanger

di canio for pure entertainment, i wanna see him breaking into finch farm

Yeah, a neo-Nazi manager would be bags of fun.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 11, 2013, 04:18:48 PM
Reply #43

Major Clanger

I have been told that Gibson was not risked due to his injury but if true what Moysie has said i dont get it.
Neville was embarrassing he was that bad

Moyes simply told a straightforward lie, as he often does. He obviously tried to rest Gibson, thinking that Neville would be enough.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 11, 2013, 04:36:03 PM
Reply #44

dekko

Would people really want Neville as the next manager?
Has to be a joke.

I don't have a favourite, but some I would not mind: Martinez, DiMatteo, Solskjaer, Clarke.

And while we are at it, if we are getting a new manager, could we also get a new Chairman?