Who should be the Manager of Everton next season

Rangnick
Martinez
Bilic
Lennon
Pereira
Stubbs
A.N Other

Author Topic: The Great Big Manager Post!  (Read 358663 times)

March 11, 2013, 05:26:11 PM
Reply #60

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
yeah i dont have a liking for moyes or the board but think a different manager could get more out of the team even selling felli and baines and reinvesting it in to young exciting pacey players and improve our brand of slow crab like negative football

Yes this sounds good.

How many managers are likely to be able to do this?

Is all that Moyes does now (including buying players) just basic stuff that the (as an example) managers on that list will be able to do easily and therefore all they'll have to do is what you're suggesting?

I'm not having a pop here; I'm just trying to raise whether where we are now is the minimum that we'd expect regardless; especially over an extended period of time not necessarily just this group of players.

March 11, 2013, 05:32:19 PM
Reply #61

steve81

Yes this sounds good.

How many managers are likely to be able to do this?

Is all that Moyes does now (including buying players) just basic stuff that the (as an example) managers on that list will be able to do easily and therefore all they'll have to do is what you're suggesting?

I'm not having a pop here; I'm just trying to raise whether where we are now is the minimum that we'd expect regardless; especially over an extended period of time not necessarily just this group of players.
i think perhaps 2 or 3 on that list would certainly change the brand of football and give youth a chance

March 11, 2013, 05:34:13 PM
Reply #62

AidyEFC9

Personally I think Moyes has become stale,bored,going through the motions etc.. I love Moyes , I will always be grateful to him for dragging us from relegation candidates to a top 6-8 team season after season. After yesterday's debacle it seems more and more people are starting to feel that Moyes should go and to be honest I do think he should walk now before he tarnishes the good reputation he has with the majority of Everton supporters and the wider footballing world.If he doesn't walk then the board should withdraw the contract offer and put him on gardening leave until his contract ends.

I think its highly unlikely that we will finish 5th or 6th now, but you never know with the blues I suppose. Use Stubbs, Dunc or whoever from the backroom staff for now and start actively looking for the next Everton Manager in the next couple of months, get him in place for the summer , then if Baines and Fellaini do go he will be able to identify his targets and start work on next season.

Good, sensible talking post IMO.

All Evertonians are very gratefull for what Moyesy as done with our great club, from where we was to where we are now, it's a brilliant achievement considering the circumstances and restraints he's had to work under but alot of us now think his ways, tactics and methods are not upto speed with the way football as gone in the past 5 or so years!.

The game as vastly changed and improved due to clubs like Barca. Formations and systems are different, the way the game is played as changed. Teams play with energy and pace, close down and want the ball, want to be on top and most good sides are following that track and replicating it, apart from us!.

Unfortunately Moyesy hasn't caught up with the times and bought into all these new ideas, he's still going with his old school, dated methods and it's showing.

I will never deny the man as been great for us, and we've been great for him, but both us as a club and him as a manager, need to go in a different direction yet again IMO.

March 11, 2013, 05:36:46 PM
Reply #63

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
For me, it's clear that Moyes will not win us a trophy. He won't get us that high in the league. We all peaked at the end of the Cup Final season when we finished 5th. From then on, it's been a slow decline, we've never hit those heights since.

While I do not expect a new manager to suddenly get us 4th in the league, I would still expect us to finish in the same positions, 7th 8th etc. It is in the cups where I would hope to see the improvement, and for us to actually have a go and not bottle it. I know it's been mentioned a lot, but we do have that mentality. So many opportunities, and each time let down despite the lesser opposition. Hell, we only had a go at Chelsea in the final for 1 minute.

We have all gone stale, Moyes and us. I still think he should have gone in the summer we lost the final. Staying after that was a mistake.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 11, 2013, 05:37:19 PM
Reply #64

Gash

Global Moderator
people still voting moyes clueless

Why? If he learns from this season and changes some of his ways, if he wasn't so stubborn and set in his ways and maybe tried something a bit different at times, I wouldn't mind if he stayed.

I voted for Martinez, on the basis that Moyes goes and I didn't really see anyone else on the list that inspired me. Di Matteo maybe, but Allardyce, Hughes, Holloway etc don't really appeal to me. Even at that I'm not always convinced by Martinez, I've said before, he gets hailed as a great manager for getting Wigan out the shit, but he's the manager that puts them in the shit in the first place.

And I don't get all these shouts for Di Canio, the man's an absolute loose cannon and an indiot on top of it, I really hope we don't chose our next manager on the basis it would "be a laugh"

On Solskjaer, does anyone actually know anything about him other then what's on Wiki? The only basis of taking him would be on the basis we took Moyes, a young manager making his way in the game, which might not be a disaster, but I doubt any of us know enough to qualify that.

March 11, 2013, 05:43:21 PM
Reply #65

Major Clanger

Yeah but if we get someone else it might get a lot worse.

Charlton, Curbishley, anyone?

For all the numbskulls out there, no, I'm not saying that we're the same size as Charlton, nor am I saying that if Moyes leaves, we'll go to League One, it's just a reminder of what a possible alternative to the current boredom is.

Many oeople here tend to think a gamble is something you can only win on (this explains a lot about the English, by the way) when in reality you can also lose. Everything.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:44:22 PM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 11, 2013, 05:43:49 PM
Reply #66

AidyEFC9

It is nice Moyes is actually getting votes, shows fans at least realise he's not a bad manager.  I want change but its not because Moyes is crap.

Sent from Four Ecks, running away from with Rincewind.

Moyesy isn't a bad manager, just that him and us need a change now IMO. For me, its got to the point now where i think, 'do i want another season under Moyes where we possibly challenge for top 8 and have an indifferent season, good parts, bad parts, good games, dire games, inconsistencies and maybe a decent cup run?!'?!!.

I don't think i do tbh. I think im ready for us to look at a new man with fresh ideas of the modern game. I want us to appoint someone who will come in and reinvigorate the club, squad and fans with his ideas and methods and hope he gets us going and consistently trying to play well and have a go and be up for every single game!.

I want to see someone positive in there thoughts and tactics come through the doors at Goodison and give us that belief that we can go into all games, regardless of where they are, and get something positive out of it. someone who isn't afraid to give youth a chance if he deems there definitely ready and good enough, someone who wont have favourites!.

March 11, 2013, 05:45:54 PM
Reply #67

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

someone who wont have favourites!.

Is there a manager anywhere who doesnt have "favourites"

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2013, 05:53:21 PM
Reply #68

MmmBlueRamirez

<looks for Steve Clarke option, doesn't see it, leaves thread>
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 11, 2013, 05:53:36 PM
Reply #69

AidyEFC9

I find it strange that people are dismissing a manager with a half decent PL record (Martinez) but will vote for someone with absolutely no experience outside of Norway of all places...

Me too pal. There really not taking the circumstances at Wigan into perspective at all!. Keeping Wigan up and having them play the way they do and still fight off relegation is an achievement in itself!.

He doesn't have bundles of cash there and cant just go out and buy who he wants when he does have cash cos no cunt who's decent as ever heard of Wigan or wants to play for them, so he as to find gems from the Scottish leagues (McCarthy), Spanish 2nd division (Diame) and give chances to players that don't find the going great at other clubs and polish them up into good pro's (Maloney, di Santo, Al Habsi).

People, and Evertonians, underestimate how good a job Martinez is doing at Wigan!. And Swansea play the way they do to this day due to what he put in place there all them years ago!. And there chairman will not appoint just any old manager, he will only appoint people who will buy into that philosophy and try to build on it by a rule!.

March 11, 2013, 06:06:54 PM
Reply #70

AidyEFC9

For me, it's clear that Moyes will not win us a trophy. He won't get us that high in the league. We all peaked at the end of the Cup Final season when we finished 5th. From then on, it's been a slow decline, we've never hit those heights since.

While I do not expect a new manager to suddenly get us 4th in the league, I would still expect us to finish in the same positions, 7th 8th etc. It is in the cups where I would hope to see the improvement, and for us to actually have a go and not bottle it. I know it's been mentioned a lot, but we do have that mentality. So many opportunities, and each time let down despite the lesser opposition. Hell, we only had a go at Chelsea in the final for 1 minute.

We have all gone stale, Moyes and us.
I still think he should have gone in the summer we lost the final. Staying after that was a mistake.

I agree with all that ive highlighted. when you think about it, its true that we peaked that year we lost the cup final!. After that season, that was the time to build and kick on to bigger things and yet we didn't and lost key players at the beginning and during the season and ever since that we've been on the decline.

But i don't think Moyesy should of gone then cos he should of rightly been given the chance to take us on but it didn't materialise due to the boards incapability's.

But even to this season, he's brought us in some good players but his ways and methods are making us stale and what looked to be a promising season is turning out flat and were going to end up struggling to make the top 7 or 6 IMO so although the team as slightly improved in personnel, it doesn't look like were going to improve on our standings of the past few seasons so in hindsight we haven't really progressed if you look at it that way?!!.

And to think at times this season we was all saying this is one of Moyesies best teams in his tenure, we've not actually shown it really have we. Well we have at times with our football, but results wise, league standings and cup progress, im not so sure?!.

March 11, 2013, 06:10:05 PM
Reply #71

AidyEFC9

Is there a manager anywhere who doesnt have "favourites"

No, not at all. But do these managers still insist on picking them regular like Moyesy or do they pick em now and again when they see it fit, to keep them involved and happy?!.

For me, Fergie is the master at having favourites, the players he loves but knowing when to out em or give them game time when there no longer at there best.

March 11, 2013, 06:15:20 PM
Reply #72

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Who are moyes favs atm?

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2013, 06:23:59 PM
Reply #73

MmmBlueRamirez

Who are moyes favs atm?

Howard
Baines
Jags
Fellaini
Pienaar

and perhaps Superkev.

Theyre the only ones guaranteed a start even if there are other players fully fit in the same or similar postions.

You could have added Jelavic but a few weeks ago he dropped him in favour of Anichebe....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 11, 2013, 06:35:15 PM
Reply #74

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Osman would be a favorite too.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney