November 23, 2017, 11:52:54 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Stoke City  (Read 19489 times)

March 29, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
Reply #45

blueski

I don't think anyone on Stoke prances LOL
Nil Satis

March 29, 2013, 10:59:20 PM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Haha this gave me a good laugh. He has seemed to go missing after all the nonsense statements he has been making....

Speaking of Moyes/bluenose27...In the presser today he said he is hoping to have Jags and Howard back for tomorrow. Does anyone feel that is necessary? Personally I'd rather give each of them one more week to get to tip-top shape before coming back. Think Tinga and Distin did well last match as did Mucha so no need to rush any of them back. Tinga is not as much of a weak link against Stoke since they don't have the pace up front to expose him.

Thoughts?

It'd be 100% something Moyes would do but after winning 2-0 we shouldn't be changing the line up for semi-fit first choices. If Howard wasn't fit enough for the US game the other day, I can't see him being ready for this game.

March 30, 2013, 12:15:52 AM
Reply #47

American Evertonian

I agree, no need to rush either back.

Having said that, it now means that Mucha has peaked and will end up letting in 2 soft goals and Heitinga will watch as the attackers prance around him.

Almost inevitable for our squad. Look great against the best and then lay down against the rest. It is the Everton we both love and hate.

In reality though I'd hate for Moyes to pull another Kevin Mirallas with our players and bring them back too early only to see them reaggravate an injury and be out longer.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 30, 2013, 12:27:31 AM
Reply #48

plumber

Haha this gave me a good laugh. He has seemed to go missing after all the nonsense statements he has been making....

Speaking of Moyes/bluenose27...In the presser today he said he is hoping to have Jags and Howard back for tomorrow. Does anyone feel that is necessary? Personally I'd rather give each of them one more week to get to tip-top shape before coming back. Think Tinga and Distin did well last match as did Mucha so no need to rush any of them back. Tinga is not as much of a weak link against Stoke since they don't have the pace up front to expose him.

Thoughts?

I have serious reservations about Tinga. Would rather play Heitinga instead.

March 30, 2013, 12:40:04 AM
Reply #49

American Evertonian

I have serious reservations about Tinga. Would rather play Heitinga instead.

Tinga is the much more hip and modern one in the family. He draws in the young crowd where as Heitinga is the vintage edition that hasn't quite aged enough for my liking. Tinga is the cocktail I want to enjoy now where as Heitinga is a 2 yr old Scotch. Still needs one more year to even be considered drinkable.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:41:42 AM by American Evertonian »
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 30, 2013, 05:06:46 PM
Reply #50

fast lane

We need Victor and Kevin Mirallas to step up for this one.

In mid-week Belgium were poor in the first half.
At half-time KM came on as a sub, and the team started playing much better football.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

March 30, 2013, 06:42:44 PM
Reply #51

Fynci

Saw this posted on Facebook:

24, Tim Howard;

23, Seamus Coleman; 6, Phil Jagielka; 5, John Heitinga; 15 Sylvain Distin; 3, Leighton Baines.

11, Kevin Mirallas; 4, Darron Gibson; 21, Leon Osman;

28, Victor Anichibe; 7, Nicica Jelavic.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

March 30, 2013, 06:46:23 PM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Be surprised if that was the team. Crazy if Moyes all of a sudden started playing wing backs. Revised team with Howard and Jags both in:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Naismith Gibson Osman Mirallas

Anichebe Jelavic
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 30, 2013, 06:52:04 PM
Reply #53

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No way Howard is fit

March 30, 2013, 07:03:33 PM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Heitinga in midfield?

Simply simply lovely

March 30, 2013, 07:04:45 PM
Reply #55

Shogun

Administrator
it's a fake line up...
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 30, 2013, 07:19:54 PM
Reply #56

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Could see Heitinga in midfield

March 30, 2013, 07:27:09 PM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Could see Heitinga in midfield

Jesus, would actually rather have Neville. Barkley and Hitz might aswell fucking give up if he gets a game above them.

March 30, 2013, 07:56:13 PM
Reply #58

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus, would actually rather have Neville. Barkley and Hitz might aswell fucking give up if he gets a game above them.

Should of given up ages ago!!!

Nervous for the game but think we will get the win. Really hope Anichebe and jelevic start up front.
I have to return some videotapes.

March 30, 2013, 08:23:52 PM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Be surprised if that was the team. Crazy if Moyes all of a sudden started playing wing backs. Revised team with Howard and Jags both in:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Naismith Gibson Osman Mirallas

Anichebe Jelavic

We've struggled to score against Stoke in the last couple of seasons; might be looking at a different way to attack them.

It's not as though Heitinga and Jags would be boosting height for defensive situations.