November 13, 2018, 09:38:13 PM

Author Topic: The Unofficial Transfer Rumours Thread  (Read 800094 times)

July 31, 2013, 06:30:08 AM
Reply #30

Danny

On paper he'd be the perfect signing taking his attitude and off pitch antics out of it, a free centre mid with premiership experience, Everton fan and desperate to prove his worth in England again after his frankly embarrassing stint at QPR.

The main problem being that he's a twat, i'm not completely convinced however that he would be a bad signing for us and as people have suggested if Moyes was still the manager i'd probably think he could turn him around but with Martinez around it just seems like too much upheaval at once. If we do sign him though I think he'll end up working out and being the player he should have been years ago so taking it all into account i'm willing to take the chance, especially if it means we've got more money to strengthen other positions.

July 31, 2013, 05:33:31 PM
Reply #31

Danny

I think some of you are being harsh on his ability because of his personality, I'm probably over rating him a bit but in my opinion he's better than Gibson.

August 01, 2013, 12:48:07 AM
Reply #32

Danny

gibbo is great

if he is over his knee problems an continues his pre season form he is gonna be a massive player for us this season

Hopefully, on form he's an excellent player but towards the end of the season he dropped off and as everyone knows his injury record has been pretty poor.

We definitely need another central midfielder and I'm hoping it'll be some excellent 10 million player but if were being realistic I'm not sure we can do better than Barton ability wise.

August 02, 2013, 02:49:43 AM
Reply #33

Danny

August 02, 2013, 02:51:19 AM
Reply #34

Danny

Jorginho - Liverpool Target - 2013 - HD

Can't even work out what type of player he is based on that, making tackles but also getting played through on goal.

August 02, 2013, 03:09:54 AM
Reply #35

Danny

in general terms, yes. i'm splitting hairs a bit, but 1m 80cm 'aint 6ft, and jimmy asking if he is a 'big lad' suggests to me that he would have to be something well in excess of 6ft to fit that bill.

depends on your point of view i suppose :)

Yeah true, i'd put 6ft in the higher bracket especially when it comes to being linked with Brazilian's, seems a good player.

August 02, 2013, 04:06:45 AM
Reply #36

Danny

Caughoffside is saying we're trying to sign Man U's Anderson!!!
10mil!!!
Has to be a joke. Well, it is caughtoffside!!

I'd definately want him for 5-6 million, I think he's got unbelievable potential if he is going to be starting week in week out.

August 02, 2013, 04:14:29 AM
Reply #37

Danny

He is never in shape. He deffo eats nothing but icing and chocolate milk.

haha possibly but i'd fancy Martinez's chances of turning him around, there is a quality player in there somewhere.

August 02, 2013, 07:14:14 PM
Reply #38

Danny

If we signed him he'd play behind the striker presumably allowing Osman to drop deeper, could get him for 3-4 million and he'd fill out the squad more and frankly has a better last few years on his CV than Kone and also ups our marketability in America. Wouldn't mind him personally.

August 02, 2013, 07:29:23 PM
Reply #39

Danny

Dempsey would provide versatility--he can play up front, behind a main striker, or out on the wings--as well as PL experience and his tough mentality. Long-term, yes, we do need to bring in younger players, but for a couple of years still he can be a very useful player. Jorginho, Dempsey, and a U18 or two for the future, along with keeping all of our important senior players, and I'd be quite happy with the summer.

Yeah I agree, I think the squad is still looking too thin and he scored 12 goals in all competitions last year mainly from the bench.

August 02, 2013, 07:30:14 PM
Reply #40

Danny

I would hope osman was dropped to the bench

Yeah if he was though it's just another very good player as an extra option.

August 02, 2013, 07:42:56 PM
Reply #41

Danny

Lol!

Get the feeling Osman will start at least 30 league games this season, much to your and possibly to my annoyance!

I'd hope this will be his last season with that many games, didn't realise he was already 32.

August 02, 2013, 08:06:41 PM
Reply #42

Danny

Wish I was cool like people on here and on twitter and hated Osman.

Unfortunately for me I know a thing about football.

Nobody has said that have they? I wouldn't want us relying on any 33 year old, Distin has been excellent but he's the exception to the rule.

August 02, 2013, 08:13:04 PM
Reply #43

Danny

Portuguese newspaper Record are reporting that 27 year old defender Rolando is wanted by three clubs, Everton, Newcastle and Fiorentina.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/everton-newcastle-and-fiorentina-to-fight-it-out-for-porto-defender-rolando-record/

Used to be really highly rated, i'm guessing he's dropped off a bit if he's being linked with us and Newcastle.

August 03, 2013, 07:01:33 PM
Reply #44

Danny

I was actually surprised to see we hadn't been linked with Fernandes again, he's been linked with Stoke and Sunderland and i'd assume a lazy journalist would have linked him with us sooner or later.