November 18, 2017, 01:43:48 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 37677 times)

May 06, 2013, 05:30:10 AM
Reply #495

Major Clanger

All week the talk was about our record there and how long it's been since we won.

That could create a pressure of sorts.

I doubt it would register with most of our players.

Not when you compare it to a penalty shootout or being a goal down against Spurs in the 90th minute.

This "we always crumble under pressure" is a complete myth, there's literally nothing that suggests this is the case.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 06, 2013, 05:49:11 AM
Reply #496

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I doubt it would register with most of our players.

Not when you compare it to a penalty shootout or being a goal down against Spurs in the 90th minute.

This "we always crumble under pressure" is a complete myth, there's literally nothing that suggests this is the case.

Apart from the list of cup games we've lost to weaker opposition (especially in later rounds) you mean?

That's forgetting dropping points in most 'must win' league games that would put us in the mix for 4th/5th (not just this season)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:49:57 AM by Verminator »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 06, 2013, 06:15:09 AM
Reply #497

Major Clanger

Apart from the list of cup games we've lost to weaker opposition (especially in later rounds) you mean?

Which proves my point, as those were games where there was too little pressure.

That's forgetting dropping points in most 'must win' league games that would put us in the mix for 4th/5th (not just this season)

Yes, except there are at least as many counterexamples.

As I said, don't cherry-pick your data to suit your already established preconception, you'll only mislead yourself and look foolish. By all means keep on believing that we crumble under pressure, just don't try to justify it with flawed data, admit it's a gut feeling and nothing more.

May 06, 2013, 07:00:40 AM
Reply #498

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Which only makes the pressure even bigger, doesn't it.

Why? It's easy to select an arbitrary set of games which we hadn't won and then say in retrospect that it's curious that we didn't win any of them.

Of course we didn't, that's how the games were selected. In this case by carefully omitting our home record, our cup games and the results against City and Spurs (two massively rich top 4 clubs).

There's a surprise.

Both City and Spurs have only been good for 3 or 4 years, but yes we have done well against City, and our 3 victories at Spurs were when they weren't doing much themselves.

Our cup games against the 'big 4' are still poor with one penalty shoot out our sole success. The point is that we have struggled against those teams away from home, and now one of them is absolute shite, we still can't get that win. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 06, 2013, 07:15:24 AM
Reply #499

Major Clanger

Our cup games against the 'big 4' are still poor with one penalty shoot out our sole success. The point is that we have struggled against those teams away from home, and now one of them is absolute shite, we still can't get that win. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Another bitter blow to the pressure theory.

May 06, 2013, 07:44:52 AM
Reply #500

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry MC but we do crack under pressure so far under Moyes. A final against Chelsea, a semi against Liverpool and a Champions league qualifier against Valencia. These are the 3 biggest games so far under Moyes and we lost them all.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 06, 2013, 08:16:22 AM
Reply #501

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry MC but we do crack under pressure so far under Moyes. A final against Chelsea, a semi against Liverpool and a Champions league qualifier against Valencia. These are the 3 biggest games so far under Moyes and we lost them all.

???

May 06, 2013, 08:25:49 AM
Reply #502

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Valencia, Villareal. What's the diff? All start with a V.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 06, 2013, 09:52:47 AM
Reply #503

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Both City and Spurs have only been good for 3 or 4 years, but yes we have done well against City, and our 3 victories at Spurs were when they weren't doing much themselves.

Another bitter blow to the pressure theory.

The pressure theory has to do with far more than our record away to the 'big four' , you only have to look at Sunderland a few weeks ago, we had a real chance to put some pressure on Spurs and we put in an awful performance and lose, this happens all to often.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:53:11 AM by Verminator »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 06, 2013, 10:56:14 AM
Reply #504

Ramjam

Are we suggesting that Liverpool are included in the big 4?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 06, 2013, 12:33:01 PM
Reply #505

Cods

Hopefully he's only got two more games with us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Ooh controversial.

May 06, 2013, 01:50:53 PM
Reply #506

matty1878

I said we'd stand up and we did.
row u seat 167 park end

May 06, 2013, 01:53:03 PM
Reply #507

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Valencia, Villareal. What's the diff? All start with a V.
and are spanish ....  but as you wrote.... one of the 3 biggest games in Moyes time here you should be able to get the team right  ;)

May 06, 2013, 04:36:35 PM
Reply #508

Snipellis11

Anyone got any pictures or videos from the away end yesterday?