November 23, 2017, 05:42:22 PM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 36990 times)

June 08, 2013, 07:21:40 PM
Reply #45

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
All of players would go to Man Utd if an actual offer came in.

This.

And I'd share Blarg's suspicions about them not goin there because of Moyes.

All 3 could have left us for CL clubs in the past 3-4 years. Why would they stay with a manager they dislike so much that they wouldn't sign for Utd because he's there?!

June 08, 2013, 07:24:09 PM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
expect me to be stupid .. or except  ;)  If it's the latter you are wrong... I've never read anything stupid from Silas, Thom, GLewis  and you among others.

Except. Just a little observation over recent weeks. I think I noticed more after you were so bold as to suggest your son, when knowing his history, would beat 99% of scousers. Very bold to say the least, if not slightly insulting as well.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:24:44 PM by Gash »

June 08, 2013, 07:32:52 PM
Reply #47

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Really if we wanted to recoup any sort of fee for Baines then we're running out of time to do it. My worry is that Moyes isn't finding us a new defensive player, it's Martinez...and who knows what that means.

June 08, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
Reply #48

phillyt

This.

And I'd share Blarg's suspicions about them not goin there because of Moyes.

All 3 could have left us for CL clubs in the past 3-4 years. Why would they stay with a manager they dislike so much that they wouldn't sign for Utd because he's there?!
Baines and jags want to to stay at Everton. I was told this before martinez confirmed and jags was confirmed as captain.

It's felli that was more not wanting to follow moyes than stay at everton.  Moyes asking them and them all saying no was stated as fact to me. The rest I'm reading between the lines a bit.   They all do have the utmost respect for moyes but jags and baines are both in good places regards england, they are also aware of what happened with lescott when he went to city (regarding England) felli is happy at everton but would also be ok with a new challenge, maybe going with the same manager wouldn't represent that.  Again his international chances are not being harmed by him being here
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 08, 2013, 07:58:27 PM
Reply #49

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Except. Just a little observation over recent weeks. I think I noticed more after you were so bold as to suggest your son, when knowing his history, would beat 99% of scousers. Very bold to say the least, if not slightly insulting as well.  ;)
I think the one insulting was the one claming you had to be a scouser to know our history.  My best friend has had a season ticket for almost 40 years - he claims my son know more about Everton than any Evertonian he has ever meet.(I haven't meet any aswell)  ;) And by the way .. my son is an adult going to Liverpool at least 5 times a year + watching the blues in London. If you thought he was 7 then I can see why you think I was insulting. That wasn't my purpose. And for the record  I think I hold the record for most  :thumbsup:  or  "this"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:03:51 PM by Polledreng »

June 08, 2013, 08:03:50 PM
Reply #50

dejo85

Fortunately Dejo has a shit track record.

actually probably the best track record for ITK's.. but can't be assed getting into that battle again.

June 08, 2013, 08:05:02 PM
Reply #51

griff969

Of course I could see any of our players wanting CL football, Baines included. What does not ring true are the prices being quoted. Utd offer £16 million with add ons, and Everton wanting £19 million??

Jordan Henderson was £20 million was he not? Joe Allen? Carroll? Downing?

Man Utd are slightly more fluid than the RS too, and they paid how much for Van Persie as a 29 year old? 

Man City paid £12 million for Rodwell, £30 million for some Brazilian midfielder in the last few days too.

How is Baines only worth £19 million? How many assists does he provide from full back? Add penalty taker, free kicks, a fantastic injury free record into the pot, and he is an England international too.

Baines has to be worth £25 million on the open market today.  Time will tell of course by why sell Baines for a little more than Rodwell? Makes no sense to me!

Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

June 08, 2013, 08:05:47 PM
Reply #52

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
actually probably the best track record for ITK's.. but can't be assed getting into that battle again.
at least I can't remember you said Holtby was a sure thing.

June 08, 2013, 08:06:55 PM
Reply #53

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Well perhaps Verm can include you on the ITK thread with a clean slate

Dejo85 says Baines to United is on.  We can see by the end of the summer how you compare to Lcab, Shorty and Fourth Official...I think thats fair enough?

None of them have said that it is happening, so if it does happen I promise I will back u up! :thumbsup:
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2013, 08:08:37 PM
Reply #54

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah that sounds fair.

June 08, 2013, 08:10:06 PM
Reply #55

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Of course I could see any of our players wanting CL football, Baines included. What does not ring true are the prices being quoted. Utd offer 16 million with add ons, and Everton wanting 19 million??

Jordan Henderson was 20 million was he not? Joe Allen? Carroll? Downing?

Man Utd are slightly more fluid than the RS too, and they paid how much for Van Persie as a 29 year old? 

Man City paid 12 million for Rodwell, 30 million for some Brazilian midfielder in the last few days too.

How is Baines only worth 19 million? How many assists does he provide from full back? Add penalty taker, free kicks, a fantastic injury free record into the pot, and he is an England international too.

Baines has to be worth 25 million on the open market today.  Time will tell of course by why sell Baines for a little more than Rodwell? Makes no sense to me!

Man City and Liverpool are mugs in the transfer market though.  The 'if x is worth this then y must be worth this' theory isn't a solid one

Most those players are younger than Baines.  And with Van Persie, although he's older, strikers like him who guarantee you shit loads of goals tend to go for more than left backs, no matter how good they may be
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2013, 08:13:04 PM
Reply #56

dejo85

Well perhaps Verm can include you on the ITK thread with a clean slate

Dejo85 says Baines to United is on.  We can see by the end of the summer how you compare to Lcab, Shorty and Fourth Official...I think thats fair enough?

None of them have said that it is happening, so if it does happen I promise I will back u up! :thumbsup:

More than fair. However it's rare that i hear anything related to everton. If anyone cares about other non-efc rumours perhaps i should post them to gain some points.

June 08, 2013, 08:13:18 PM
Reply #57

Gash

Global Moderator
I think the one insulting was the one claming you had to be a scouser to know our history.  My best friend has had a season ticket for almost 40 years - he claims my son know more about Everton than any Evertonian he has ever meet.(I haven't meet any aswell)  ;) And by the way .. my son is an adult going to Liverpool at least 5 times a year + watching the blues in London. If you thought he was 7 then I can see why you think I was insulting. That wasn't my purpose.

I wasn't offfended, but I'm not scouse. I just think it's wrong to suggest that he knows more than 99% of Evertonians, let alone Scouse Evertonians, who generally are regarded as very knowledgeable fans. Which kind of ironically gets back to my original point.  ;)

And for the record  I think I hold the record for most  :thumbsup:  or  "this"

:thumbsup: This.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:20:08 PM by Gash »

June 08, 2013, 08:25:06 PM
Reply #58

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

I wasn't offfended, but I'm not scouse. I just think it's wrong to suggest that he knows more than 99% of Evertonians, let alone Scouse Evertonians, who generally are regarded as very knowledgeable fans. Which kind of ironically gets back to my original point.  ;)

:thumbsup: This.
[/quote]Ok I will try to behave.  ;)

June 08, 2013, 08:33:03 PM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Baines and jags want to to stay at Everton. I was told this before martinez confirmed and jags was confirmed as captain.

It's felli that was more not wanting to follow moyes than stay at everton.  Moyes asking them and them all saying no was stated as fact to me. The rest I'm reading between the lines a bit.   They all do have the utmost respect for moyes but jags and baines are both in good places regards england, they are also aware of what happened with lescott when he went to city (regarding England) felli is happy at everton but would also be ok with a new challenge, maybe going with the same manager wouldn't represent that.  Again his international chances are not being harmed by him being here

Not disputing what you were told mate; just can't see it being true!

Would Jags and Baines care about 5-10 more England caps in comparison to winning some medals, or at least the chance to win some and play in the CL?

Or if they do you'd have to question their ambition.

As I said; I'm not doubting you I'd just be very surprised if it were true.