November 21, 2018, 02:36:21 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day Summer 2013  (Read 97022 times)

September 02, 2013, 06:55:46 PM
Reply #90

Mayor Farnum

Martinez seems to have made his mind up on Vic rather quickly.

September 02, 2013, 06:56:16 PM
Reply #91

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Ba is going to Arsenal. Will score a hatful there
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 02, 2013, 06:58:11 PM
Reply #92

MmmblueBernard

Ba is going to Arsenal. Will score a hatful there

Certainly better than Giroud.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 02, 2013, 06:58:43 PM
Reply #93

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
BBC Sport chief football writer Phil McNulty
FELLAINI TO MAN UTD?

"I'm told talks between Everton and Manchester United are progressing and this deal should now be concluded successfully before the deadline, as most of us have expected.

"It is understood Fellaini has been given permission to delay linking up with the Belgium squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Scotland and Croatia to enable him to complete the transfer - once it's all been agreed of course."
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 02, 2013, 06:59:33 PM
Reply #94

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Still very early though. Not much going on outside of the Bale and Ozil stuff.

True.

I'm really just going on the fact that all players that we've signed had been linked for several weeks.

Since the Utd bids have started we've been linked with Barry and McCarthy constantly - as it stands they're the only realistic signings if Felli goes.

Obviously that might change - Victor is a development in the last 24 hours so we probably wouldn't have been working on striker deals to be commented on.

September 02, 2013, 06:59:35 PM
Reply #95

Robber Rodwell

what about takiing rodwell back on loan with barry to bolster the midfield??   has he got over his injury problems yet

September 02, 2013, 07:00:14 PM
Reply #96

Ross

Martinez seems to have made his mind up on Vic rather quickly.

Worryingly didn't he try to sign him for Wigan
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 02, 2013, 07:01:45 PM
Reply #97

MmmblueBernard

Worryingly didn't he try to sign him for Wigan

I think he enquired a few times.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 02, 2013, 07:03:40 PM
Reply #98

Gash

Global Moderator
Cantoffee will be devastated.

September 02, 2013, 07:05:15 PM
Reply #99

Macca77

Anyone else getting the familiar feeling that the Fellaini deal will be done to late for us to bring a replacement in?

September 02, 2013, 07:08:07 PM
Reply #100

blue slug

Yes Macca77 i defo have that feeling

September 02, 2013, 07:08:49 PM
Reply #101

Bluedylan

Anyone else getting the familiar feeling that the Fellaini deal will be done to late for us to bring a replacement in?

No, we'll definitely get McCarthy if Felli goes. Everything's in place for that. I'm more worried about the lack of a 3rd striker now.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 02, 2013, 07:09:46 PM
Reply #102

Simon Paul

Administrator
Fellaini will go

Everton will sign McCarthy

Barry is all but done as well

September 02, 2013, 07:10:40 PM
Reply #103

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Midfield of Barry and McCarthy sounds stronger than Fellaini and Osman to be fair.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 02, 2013, 07:14:47 PM
Reply #104

WiltshireBlue

BBC Radio 5 Live senior football reporter Ian Dennis on Twitter: "One to watch. Interesting call from Portugal. Everton want midfielder Fernando from Porto."