17 (34%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 29515 times)

September 26, 2013, 04:15:05 AM
Reply #15

Cozzie

I think oviedo has done ok to keep his place

I'd LIKE to see Oviedo on the left and Mirallas on the right, but the albino will probably keep his place.

How long is Pienaar out for?

I'm gonna go for 2-1 to us, close game.

September 26, 2013, 04:15:49 AM
Reply #16

5yeararteta

Lol I honestly can't no mate! I watch him and when he gets the balls played to his feet in a tight spot I know it's going back too the opposition. And he moans just as much as jelavic now so I think I just hate him.

September 26, 2013, 04:16:32 AM
Reply #17

sam of the south

I can, I just long to see Deulofeu, Barkley and Mirallas playing behind Lukaku...

That is a potentially sexy scenario and no mistake
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 26, 2013, 04:17:12 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lol I honestly can't no mate! I watch him and when he gets the balls played to his feet in a tight spot I know it's going back too the opposition. And he moans just as much as jelavic now so I think I just hate him.

Have you missed the goals he's scored for us, and how he's always on the end of stuff. Not to mention the amount of times he wins the ball back for us and starts attacks.

September 26, 2013, 04:20:31 AM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
With Coleman and Baines as our fullbacks and the amount of time they spend going forward, having Deulofeu and Mirallas on the wings would just be a disaster. If someone like Hibbert or Neville was playing behind Deulofeu then it'd be fine but we'd get slaughtered in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:21:18 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 26, 2013, 04:23:10 AM
Reply #20

5yeararteta

Have you missed the goals he's scored for us, and how he's always on the end of stuff. Not to mention the amount of times he wins the ball back for us and starts attacks.

No, In his first season I didn't see much of that at all and iv seen a few this year. When u have two defensive midfielders you don't need a defensive winger... And he may win ball back but also gives it away a lot more. He did it twice last night and nearly cost us two goals.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:27:05 AM by 5yeararteta »

September 26, 2013, 05:00:44 AM
Reply #21

Shogun

Administrator
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:01:15 AM by Shogun »

September 26, 2013, 06:09:56 AM
Reply #22

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Going to this and I'll probably be in an emotional state having watched the final ever Breaking Bad earlier on that day

Would like to see the team verm has hinted at

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Barry McCarthy

Deulofeu  Barkley  Mirallas

Lukaku

We will probably see Naismith instead of Jezza.  Which is cool as I love Naismith on the sly anyway
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 26, 2013, 06:40:18 AM
Reply #23

Evertonian in NC

I'm definitely going to miss Bryan Cranston's amazing work, and Walter White as the most interesting and complex protagonist I can remember.

Good think we will have an Everton win (hopefully getting us into the Top Four) to cheer us up!

I didn't see the cup debacle, but I thought Oviedo did a very good job on Saturday.  Interested to see how he would mesh with more of the regular first unit.  Kid Barca seems more like an "offensive jolt" sub that starting material in the Prem.  At least for the time being.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 26, 2013, 04:21:41 PM
Reply #24

Ross

That cunt Kevin Nolan used to be captain of these
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 26, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
Reply #25

Danny

Really fancy us to batter these, hopefully Deulofeau will get at least 20 minutes after his display in the cup.

September 26, 2013, 04:56:24 PM
Reply #26

Fellainis Hairdresser

i would go

howard
coleman jags distin baines
Gibson barry
deulofeu barkley mirallas
lukaku

3-1 everton
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:56:37 PM by Fellainis Hairdresser »
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

September 26, 2013, 06:40:19 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
i would go

howard
coleman jags distin baines
Gibson barry
deulofeu barkley mirallas
lukaku

3-1 everton

I doubt Gibbo is near starting a PL game judging by how knackered he was after an hour on Tuesday.

Also while the idea of Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu behind the front man seems the most aesthetically pleasing I'm not sure if it provides the best balance.

All 3 are basically players who will get the ball and look to do something themselves with it.

Having a player who is less selfish (I don't mean that in a bad way in this instance) would ensure more occasions where the best "team" option is chosen which would, natuarally, ensure that the two "selfish" players in the team would get the ball more often.

If these types of players are starved of the ball the chances are that when they finally do get the ball they'll look to take on the responsibility themselves, sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Putting 3 in at once automatically reduces the time that each player will have with the ball, thereby increasing the chance of the above scenario occuring.

It's like the old "more strikers = more goals" rule; it may seem tempting (and obvious) but for the majority of the time it's not true.

September 26, 2013, 09:22:28 PM
Reply #28

Shogun

Administrator
Has anybody actually watched a Newcastle game his season?

September 26, 2013, 09:33:19 PM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

Not seen a full game no. I know they've been going with a front three of:

Remy   Cisse    Ben Arfa (with Remy on the left, Ben Arfa on the right)

A very dangerous combination, but I can't imagine Remy and Ben Arfa doing a lot of defensive work on the flanks, so it could be a very open, high-scoring game, if they go with the same combination.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.