1 (2.1%)
Gibson (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 29145 times)

October 06, 2013, 12:10:07 AM
Reply #570

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Naismith is utterly dire to be fair.  There's nothing like getting the ball to him for the whole move to slow down or break down completely. All he brings is sweat. Nothing more.

Not faulting the lad for his effort, he clearly wants to do well, and tries his bollox off, he just simply isn't good enough, at all.  And he is in too critical a part of the pitch for us to be fucking around with misplaced passes when we are playing as badly up front as we did today.

Its also a sign of how poor we were 2nd half that he wasn't even the worse player on the pitch for us...
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

October 06, 2013, 12:27:24 AM
Reply #571

slothzen

Naismith is utterly dire to be fair.  There's nothing like getting the ball to him for the whole move to slow down or break down completely. All he brings is sweat. Nothing more.

Not faulting the lad for his effort, he clearly wants to do well, and tries his bollox off, he just simply isn't good enough, at all.  And he is in too critical a part of the pitch for us to be fucking around with misplaced passes when we are playing as badly up front as we did today.

Its also a sign of how poor we were 2nd half that he wasn't even the worse player on the pitch for us...

I disagree in part.

I think Osman and Barkley were far more at fault for the breakdown of play than Naismith.  Naismith was moving well and made good decisions.  His tempo was high and some of the things he tried almost came off.

That said, I think he does lack somewhat in technical and reading-the-play ability.  If I had to choose between him and Pienaar, it's a no Brainer, but I think he's a good squad player for us.  He was infinitely more effective than Mirallas today.

Edit:  Also, thank god for McCarthy.  What a cool mofo.  His passing rate had to be above 80%.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:29:58 AM by slothzen »

October 06, 2013, 12:35:56 AM
Reply #572

hill135

Edit:  Also, thank god for McCarthy.  What a cool mofo.  His passing rate had to be above 80%.

87% mate!

October 06, 2013, 01:31:04 AM
Reply #573

Gash

Global Moderator
OK, lets all just calm the fuck down, we're second on Match Of The Day.  :D

MOTD RUNNING ORDER
Here it is, Match of the Day is on at 2230 tonight with Messrs. Lineker, Hodgson & Shearer.

1.Sun/MU, 2.M.City/Eve, 3.L'pool/Palace, 4.Car/N'castle, 5.Fulham/Stoke, 6.Hull/Villa

October 06, 2013, 02:58:43 AM
Reply #574

oscar

Lukaku like up play was shocking second half and he runs out of steam after all his effort first half, really get fed up of naismith moaning and gesturing at his own team

October 06, 2013, 03:10:38 AM
Reply #575

blueski

I think its down to his fitness

if you were to judge him on the first 30 minutes I'd think youd see the performance differently, it was the same last weekend

he's weaker technically than some and has been making up for it with sheer workrate and effort, thus far it seems like he doesn't have enough in him to last the whole game out but I thought he was one of our better performers and is clearly a different man from last season
Nil Satis

October 06, 2013, 03:33:37 AM
Reply #576

The Analog Kid

First time i've read back through this thread, I left it at page 18 or something. What a fuckin' immense read, i'm gonna save it to the wife's Kindle.

Has anybody actually taken their life during todays match?

October 06, 2013, 03:53:00 AM
Reply #577

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
First time i've read back through this thread, I left it at page 18 or something. What a fuckin' immense read, i'm gonna save it to the wife's Kindle.

Has anybody actually taken their life during todays match?

I'm going to pay to get some monks to scribe it onto parchment. Thread of the year.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 06, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
Reply #578

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way