0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
2 (3.7%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Hull City  (Read 25021 times)

October 15, 2013, 03:59:20 PM
Reply #15

Derek

Would expect to win and do so relatively comfortably. Hull have looked decent, though, to their credit.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 15, 2013, 07:43:44 PM
Reply #16

CaptainCal

Got a spare ticket (Lower Gwladys Street) for the Everton v Hull game as my dad can't make it, if anyone knows anyone who needs one, let me know.
All Together Now... For EVERTON!

October 15, 2013, 09:42:15 PM
Reply #17

Bluenose 91

Hull have looked pretty solid overall but I'd think we will just be too much for them here.

October 16, 2013, 12:36:09 AM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

This is where I think the new manager needs to make a difference. In the games on paper that we should win well - but we have a tendency to fuck up and then overperform against the top teams.

If we can maintain what we do against the top teams but start putting a few of the so-called 'lesser' teams to bed - this will be the next stage in our development. I expect Lukaku's goals to help a lot with this but worry about the season after.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 16, 2013, 02:49:20 AM
Reply #19

dazfrancis

I liked your post solely for your avatar Todd

October 16, 2013, 04:53:14 AM
Reply #20

hill135

Without Lukaku this game would have played out similarly to our first three - us struggling to break down 11 men behind the ball. Perhaps we would get the goals, perhaps not.

His signing poses a dilemma for these weaker sides: do they defend deep as they are inclined in order to try and stifle us, thereby allowing him closer to the goal and to use his ability in the air; or do they push higher up to get the Rom further away from the goal and risk us getting in behind with our pace up front?

I think Lukaku will prove the difference in a lot of the games we have drawn in the past when we should have been winning.

October 16, 2013, 05:39:33 PM
Reply #21

wilbur

I think that's a pretty good assessment of his worth. He's the first striker we've had since The Yak (in his heyday) who can receive the ball with his back to goal and not be odds-on to give it away or have it taken from him.

It must be a godsend for some of our players used to Jelavic and Anichebe to have the option of a straightforward pass to Lukaku knowing that it's not going to come straight back at you..... and he scores goals as well.

Now if we can just get him to last 90 minutes......
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

October 16, 2013, 05:42:03 PM
Reply #22

posterwithoutaclue

i epec to destroy them 5-0 so im predicting a 1-0 win for us.

October 16, 2013, 09:59:53 PM
Reply #23

cantoffee

Steve Bruce is a decent manager, I'm always surprised at how much stick he gets because the clubs he manages are usually filled with the shitest of the shit in terms of playing personnel but they are always a decent bet to stay up.

Robbie Brady looks to be there most dangerous player.

Still expect us to win this though, with the quality we have in the squad it shouldn't be much of a problem.

October 17, 2013, 12:03:01 AM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
Brady is injured
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 17, 2013, 01:02:37 AM
Reply #25

sharpattack

Fuck Danny Graham, he's shite.

Is there a more grim site in the whole of football than Steve Bruce wearing a tracksuit sponsored by cash converters?
Ha Ha Ha
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

October 17, 2013, 05:44:56 AM
Reply #27

Shogun

Administrator
Can't really see it though if he's only in full training tomorrow.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 17, 2013, 05:53:31 AM
Reply #28

cantoffee

Can't really see it though if he's only in full training tomorrow.

Agreed but I imagine he will be on the bench and used as an impact substitute. Even if he plays for a half hour he'd still be more dangerous than the rest of that squad!

October 17, 2013, 06:32:15 AM
Reply #29

Bluebridge

Win
4-1
Lukaku

Oops wrong thread  :blush:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:34:45 AM by Bluebridge »