0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
2 (3.7%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Hull City  (Read 24955 times)

October 18, 2013, 02:49:19 PM
Reply #30

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
This one's for you Si...courtesy of mob:

Hello.

Hello.

Testing.

Testicles.

One-two.

One-two.

Is this thing still working?

Hey, how you doing? Long time no smell. Great to have you back. Have you lost some weight? Been hitting the gym? You look great? Kids doing well at school? That’s smashing. And the wife, Rose? Tina? Ah yeah, how’s she doing anyway? Oh, sorry to hear that, that’s rough.  With your best mate? Wow, sheesh, double-whammy! Sorry, of course.

Anyway, the return of the Premier League. Can’t come around fast enough, can it?

Well, maybe it can if you are one of Everton’s injured players, with Steven Pienaar still unlikely to recover for the visit of the Hull City Tigers, Anton Alcaraz being a fictional person created purely for the sake of some elaborate West African benefits scam, and now Darron Gibson sustaining a cruciate ligament injury while on international duty.

It’s a rough old do for Gibson, the poor lad’s car already bears a sticker that says ‘MY OTHER SHOE IS A PROTECTIVE CAST’ such is his propensity for knacking various bits of his husky frame. Doing your cruciate is generally viewed as  the number one, top of the heap, stone cold pimpin’ injury that you wish to avoid in football, but thankfully Gibson works under Roberto Martinez who, when asked about the player missing the rest of the season, somehow managed to give a quote that made it sound like a resoundingly positive development. Much like Brasseye’s good and bad AIDS, Gibson’s isn’t the worst sort of mangled cruciate, and most importantly he is sure to come back an even stronger footballer, apparently.

It’s quite a reflection on how radically the squad was overhauled at Everton this summer that the loss of Gibson, sat on his arse, improving as a player, doesn’t initially seem the huge loss that it would have been last season. And bear in mind that’s on top of Marouane Fellaini leaving as well. Obviously we could find ourselves stretched though if anything happens to either James McCarthy or the first man to pull Lee Carsley’s sword from its stone, Gareth Barry, and so no one would be that surprised if Martinez looked at another midfielder or at least some versatile sort in January.

What’s Lee McCulloch up to at the moment?

Other Everton players had more positive experiences than Gibson during the international fortnight, not least Romelu Lukaku who scored the two goals that sent Belgium through to the World Cup in Brazil. The big striker’s form is just batty at the moment, and let’s face it he is the one who everyone is coming to see on Saturday. The excitement around him just seems to grow with every game and it’s getting to the point where he is proving Jose Mourinho so spectacularly misguided in letting him come on loan that you wouldn’t put it past the malignant little arse-piece letting the Belgian ball bladderer stay beyond the end of this season, just out of sheer bloody-mindedness.

He won’t, like.

Despite the excitement surrounding Lukakau, you get the impression that for some Blues his blistering displays are somehow bittersweet because we don’t ‘own’ him and his time at Goodison is observably finite. We need to forget about the illusion of permanence and continuity in football though – all the talk about ‘projects’ and ‘building’ is started off by managers trying to create an image that ultimately strengthens their own precarious positions.

We say hooey to them. Yes, hooey.

Ignore their insecurities, and instead embrace the fleeting, transient beauty of this present Everton team and simply live in the exhilarating moment. Because beneath his studied, slightly damp exterior our manager Martinez actually cares nothing for the lumbering prog rock institutions of the Premier League; his football is all slashing punk  guitars and this Everton team, like his most famous work ‘Oi! Relegated FA Cup Winners’ is a Situationist pop-up guerilla art installation: audacious, inspiring and willing to challenge conventions and accepted paradigms.

Live it then, and love it, and care not what tomorrow brings, even if it does mean Leighton Baines frigging off to Manchester United in the next transfer window and then Ross Barkley and his oddly triangular Scream-mask head following him six months later.

As for Hull, well, what about them? The opposition are merely the canvas on which Everton paint their abstract masterpieces. Or perhaps they are the easel, because the pitch is probably more like the canvas. Hell no, Steve Bruce and his oddly-not-as-bad-as-everyone-expected side are nothing more than the jam jar in which Martinez washes his brushes, even if they do have a couple of good signings from Tottenham and some fella called Robbie Brady who has got loads of points in the Fantasy League and so everyone has transferred him in when it’s too late.

There were some other bits that this was meant to touch on but ended up on a bit of a tangent there and we inevitably start to run out of steam after about 800 words, hence these pieces always seem to end rather curtly. One of them was Roy Hodgson’s joke at half-time during the England game – we actually had loads of well more offensive ones we were going to use here riffing on ‘retro weekend’ at Goodison – and the sheer amazement that he goes into the changies during crucial qualifiers and starts firing off zingers. Following on from that was going to be something about Brendan Rodgers being one for adopting the latest coaching techniques and having a bare brick wall and a single stool put in the Anfield dressing room for when he dishes out his own brand of chilled out entertainment.

But we can’t really be bothered elaborating on that, and Miles did all much better in his Being: Brendan anyway.

So that’s that then.

Everton, ra ra ra.

Smash the oiks.

I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 18, 2013, 02:54:47 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ha ha M.ob on form there

Simply simply lovely

October 18, 2013, 09:08:19 PM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

Just been on the OS, this game is close to a sell-out. Hoping for a good atmosphere like the Chelsea game.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 19, 2013, 02:32:46 AM
Reply #33

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Just been on the OS, this game is close to a sell-out. Hoping for a good atmosphere like the Chelsea game.

It's very rare Goodison gets going for these type of games nowadays. If we twat them we expected it, if we're playing shite everyone one will moan! A few shocking refereeing decisions would liven the place up though. Goodison would've been rocking if that city game was at home with john moss's performance.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 19, 2013, 02:50:39 AM
Reply #34

bacon sarnie

Just for a laugh:

"He's a hell of a loan signing on deadline day, someone like Lukaku," said Steve Bruce. "I saw him playing for Belgium in midweek and he's going to be one hell of a player.

"Maybe the reason why he's gone there is Jose has thought 'maybe Everton can go and get a few points off the big boys with him in their team'. That would be pretty shrewd really and I think they can."

He's such a tiger that Brucie.

October 19, 2013, 05:27:48 AM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's exactly why loan players should be allowed to play against their parent club.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 19, 2013, 05:59:39 PM
Reply #36

Everton Mint

Objectives for today:

1. Win
2. Score 2 goals or more
3. Play well both halves

October 19, 2013, 06:41:59 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Osman on the left I reckon.

October 19, 2013, 06:43:20 PM
Reply #38

Glory

That's exactly why loan players should be allowed to play against their parent club.
Far too big a conflict of interest for that to occur.

October 19, 2013, 06:56:14 PM
Reply #39

Zoolander

Anyone know if we're likely to see any streams for this one?
If not I'm fucking it off and going to nandos

October 19, 2013, 08:01:26 PM
Reply #40

blob

Anyone know if we're likely to see any streams for this one?
If not I'm fucking it off and going to nandos

promising

http://atdhe.xxx/soccer/watch-everton-fc-hull-city-47g6c

(or maybe not.........)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:06:34 PM by blob »

October 19, 2013, 08:11:50 PM
Reply #41

Amata

#EFC team: Howard; Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines; Barry, McCarthy; Osman, Barkley, Mirallas; Lukaku

Pienaar makes the bench
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:12:38 PM by Amata »
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

October 19, 2013, 08:12:16 PM
Reply #42

Shogun

Administrator
Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Lukaku, Barkley, Mirallas is the team.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 19, 2013, 08:13:11 PM
Reply #43

indiantoffee1975

Everton XI v Hull: Howard; Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines; Barry, McCarthy; Osman, Barkley, Mirallas; Lukaku

October 19, 2013, 08:13:21 PM
Reply #44

indiantoffee1975

Pienaar on bench