Tim Howard
6 (14.6%)
Leon Osman
3 (7.3%)
Romelu Lukaku
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 29, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 27881 times)

October 21, 2013, 03:07:09 AM
Read 27881 times

Shogun

Administrator

Aston Villa v Everton FC
Villa Park (Capacity: 42, 877)
Saturday 26th October 15:00
Premier League Match 9

Aston Villa's last 5 matches 2013/14:

Norwich 0-1 Aston Villa (Kozak)
Aston Villa 0-4 Tottenham - League Cup
Aston Villa 3-2 Manchester City (El Ahmadi, Bacuna, Weimann)
Hull 0-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham

Everton's last 5 matches 2013/2014:

West Ham 2-3 Everton (Baines x2, Lukaku)
Fulham 2-1 Everton - League cup (Naismith)
Everton 3-2 Newcastle (Lukaku x2, Barkley)
Manchester City 3-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 2-1 Hull (Mirallas, Pienaar)

Aston Villa

Aston Villa regularly have played a 4-3-3 formation this season, however they've only won one game using it which came on the opening day at the emirates. In the absence of Ashley Westwood they chose a 3-5-2 formation in their last win against Manchester City. The other victory which came away to Norwich saw Lambert set out with a flat 4-4-2 formation.

Despite a tough start, Villa have managed 10 points from their 8 matches which puts them 13th in the table going into this one. Attacking wise, they're nothing to write home about besides Benteke's 4 goals so far in the league though Agbonlahor is yet to score a league goal this season so will inevitably end that on Saturday against his favourite club.

Everton

Everton will go into the weekend in 7th place yet again, despite beating Hull City 2-1. However the distance between Everton and Manchester United in 8th place is 4 points this week meaning Everton can't drop any lower even with defeat. The victory over Hull city brought up our total number of goalscorers to 7 with Mirallas and Pienaar bagging the goals. Only Swansea, Chelsea and Arsenal have more goalscorers.

Thankfully, Steven Pienaar returned from injury to take a place on the bench last Saturday meaning that the only injury concern left is to Antolin Alcaraz. For the first time this season we may see our strongest team. Meanwhile, Aston Villa will be without midfielder Gary Gardner, central defender Jores Okore and winger Charles N'zogbia for our visit.

This will be the 215th meeting between the sides. Aston Villa won the first fixture 2-1 at Villa Park in 1888.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 21, 2013, 03:14:41 AM
Reply #1

MmmBlueRamirez

Fucking hate Villa.

Agbonlahor more so.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 21, 2013, 03:16:06 AM
Reply #2

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hate Villa.

Agbonlahor more so.

I think I'm one of the few Evertonians who doesn't mind them too much.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 21, 2013, 03:18:43 AM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

There are just some teams that get under your skin and annoy the fuck out if you.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 21, 2013, 03:22:56 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Think I've had a dislike for them since that game discussed in the ticket thread.

Also, the years when O'Neill was there they just really wound me up. We'd batter them most games yet never seemed to win.

Their crowd and the media seemed to think that they always just missed out on the CL yet they (nearly) always finished below us who finished about 9 points off it!

October 21, 2013, 03:26:15 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
On this game though I thought the Spurs fixture today was a good preview for us.

They often pressed quite high up, particularly in the first half, causing a few errors from Spurs.

Once Spurs scored though Villa weren't great aside from 10 mins or so after Benteke came on.

Of course Benteke will start against us so they'd expect more of a threat from the start.

October 21, 2013, 03:30:08 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Agbonlahor more so.

Needs filed under "Danny Welbeck". Another player who counts his blessings every night that he's managed to somehow pass himself off as a top player for another day.

Obviously he'll score now.

October 21, 2013, 03:38:13 AM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Agbinlahor always scores past us so that's a given. We need to beat these but I think a draw is on the cards

Simply simply lovely

October 21, 2013, 03:44:36 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Villa away is generally a hard game.  I can see a draw with both teams playing well.

October 21, 2013, 03:45:23 AM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Needs filed under "Danny Welbeck". Another player who counts his blessings every night that he's managed to somehow pass himself off as a top player for another day.

Obviously he'll score now.

Agbonlahor is a decent PL player.

I don't think anyone rates him higher than that to be fair!

October 21, 2013, 03:46:12 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We'll win this, their full backs are pretty fucking shit.

October 21, 2013, 03:50:36 AM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We'll win this, their full backs are pretty fucking shit.

That Luna tired badly against Townsend.

Might be a game for Deulofeu to take advantage against later in the match.

October 21, 2013, 03:51:29 AM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That Luna tired badly against Townsend.

Might be a game for Deulofeu to take advantage against later in the match.

That Bacuna isnt even a full back as well, he's a winger.

October 21, 2013, 03:55:13 AM
Reply #13

blob

Think I've had a dislike for them since that game discussed in the ticket thread.

Also, the years when O'Neill was there they just really wound me up. We'd batter them most games yet never seemed to win.

Their crowd and the media seemed to think that they always just missed out on the CL yet they (nearly) always finished below us who finished about 9 points off it!

exactly.

used to drive me crazy.

October 21, 2013, 07:15:32 AM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can't stand them either.... Like up there close to liverpool can't stand them
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...