Tim Howard
6 (14.6%)
Leon Osman
3 (7.3%)
Romelu Lukaku
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 29, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 27652 times)

October 27, 2013, 04:51:12 AM
Reply #435

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of people's slag him off when he plays shit. Maybe rightly so. He's been shit for the most part this season. That could be because he's been played out if position or due to poor form.

Few doubts his qualities, it's just his inconsistency makes him an easy target.

Yeah, he's a much better player when played in his right position.

Oh and that was a red card, soz Jimmy lar, you were right.

October 27, 2013, 04:53:00 AM
Reply #436

Heisenberg

Got to give some respect to lambert there. One of the few managers who isnt a sore loser in defeat giving it the 'we should have won' ect. No moaning about what should have been a red aswell.

I like villa

October 27, 2013, 07:50:44 AM
Reply #437

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Ridiculous that 75% of you lot voted Tim Howard MotM, when it was clearly Tim Howard.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

October 27, 2013, 09:00:09 AM
Reply #438

Bluedylan

Got to give some respect to lambert there. One of the few managers who isnt a sore loser in defeat giving it the 'we should have won' ect. No moaning about what should have been a red aswell.

I like villa

Yes agreed. He does seem like a fairly sound bloke. I do think his reputation as one of the best young managers is a little undeserved though. Villa's style appears to basically involve playing a long ball up to Benteke on the counter, hope that he holds it up or flicks it on to either wing where they have pace on one side and a bit of skill on the other.

Tony Pulis has (rightly, in my view) been slaughtered for playing a style not so far removed.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 27, 2013, 01:07:45 PM
Reply #439

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
he's still only a 'could' start. let's hope it stays that way :)

as g lewis says - unlikely he'll be as profligate as the hull players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24591399

Then again... :)

October 27, 2013, 02:56:07 PM
Reply #440

Derek

Enjoyed this. Luck played it's part, but I think our squad is a better than Villa's and it wasn't too nervy in the end. Flying high for now, hope we can keep it up. Loving life under Martinez for now, feel positive every weekend.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 27, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
Reply #441

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well, once again, I miss the key parts of the game. Saw the bulk of the game up until the 60th minute, then had to deal with some customers who looked like they were going to buy something. Kept me out there for over an hour then decided against it.

Came back in and the game was long over, but the score was frozen on my laptop. Aston Villa 0 Everton 2. Wtf? How did that happen. But thanks to NBC's excellent coverage I was at least able to replay the goals and to make my hour of wasted time worth it.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 27, 2013, 04:46:10 PM
Reply #442

pommy

Always been an Osman fan, a lot of people slag him off to fit in it seems.

If you cant see the quality of him then I think you're a bit dense tbh.
Osman has got great feet,one of the most comfortable players on the ball at the club and he changed the game yesterday. Does take a lot of shit from a lot of fans but we missed him until he came on. He is light weight and apart from his goal yesterday his finishing is pretty average, still an important player for us imo.

October 27, 2013, 05:10:57 PM
Reply #443

indiantoffee1975

We now have a manager who is able to change results in our favour by making positive substitutions at the right times. If Moyes were still in charge the shithouse would have bottled it and brought on Heitinga or a defender for Mirallas and defended a 0-0.

October 28, 2013, 04:36:29 AM
Reply #444

Jamokachi

Of course he would have.