Tim Howard
6 (14.6%)
Leon Osman
3 (7.3%)
Romelu Lukaku
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 29, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 27697 times)

October 23, 2013, 06:21:54 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well, I guess City have broken their hoodoo against us, now it's up to us to break ours against Villa.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 23, 2013, 09:06:14 PM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Well, I guess City have broken their hoodoo against us, now it's up to us to break ours against Villa.

Didn't we do that last year?

October 23, 2013, 09:43:40 PM
Reply #47

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Do we have a hoodoo against Villa?

I dont see it, we smashed them last season.

October 23, 2013, 10:13:09 PM
Reply #48

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Do we have a hoodoo against Villa?

I dont see it, we smashed them last season.

Were not usually great away at Villa. Last season and the 3-1 win in 04/05 are the only ones I can seem to remember from the PL era

Glewis posted a table in this thread showing that we are worse against these then we are against Liverpool, and from what I remember we are hideously bad against them!

Last seasons game came when we were bang in form and they were all over the place with loads of new signings. Still hopeful of a win but it will be tough. They have a world class goalscorer in Benteke
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 23, 2013, 10:15:50 PM
Reply #49

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Were not usually great away at Villa. Last season and the 3-1 win in 04/05 are the only ones I can seem to remember from the PL era

Glewis posted a table in this thread showing that we are worse against these then we are against Liverpool, and from what I remember we are hideously bad against them!

Last seasons game came when we were bang in form and they were all over the place with loads of new signings. Still hopeful of a win but it will be tough. They have a world class goalscorer in Benteke

Fair enough, but we're streets ahead of them these days.

Plus Benteke is a good player like, but he's far from world class, we have much more to fear in our team

October 23, 2013, 10:19:09 PM
Reply #50

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough, but we're streets ahead of them these days.

Plus Benteke is a good player like, but he's far from world class, we have much more to fear in our team

Hes higher in the pecking order for Belgium than Lukaku and bagged 2 against us last season. I'd say he's worth keeping an eye on
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 23, 2013, 10:27:04 PM
Reply #51

Juanito

Howard
Coleman     Jags       Distin         Baines

Barry      McCarthy
Miralles             Barkley           Piennar

Lukaku

Finally a good balanced side, I was thinking this was a draw or defeat until I thought about what the first 11 should be.

October 24, 2013, 12:10:56 AM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't we do that last year?

Well, they confirmed it this year.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 24, 2013, 06:23:29 AM
Reply #53

bacon sarnie

Best goal Bob Latchford ever scored was against this shower. Diving header. League Cup. Gordon Lee. Sheepie. Lost.

October 24, 2013, 04:59:46 PM
Reply #54

School of Science

That horrible maggot Agbonlahor normally gets one of his two goals a year against us in this fixture, doesn't he, cant see us getting more than a draw here.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 24, 2013, 06:19:20 PM
Reply #55

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That horrible maggot Agbonlahor normally gets one of his two goals a year against us in this fixture, doesn't he, cant see us getting more than a draw here.

Last week Danny Graham was "nailed on to score", this week its Agbonlahor, next week it will be someone else.

October 24, 2013, 06:23:47 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Last week Danny Graham was "nailed on to score", this week its Agbonlahor, next week it will be someone else.

Thanks to Barry, he never got the chance :)
- Walt Disney

October 24, 2013, 06:32:19 PM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

October 24, 2013, 06:35:27 PM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck him, he's shite.

October 24, 2013, 06:55:32 PM