Tim Howard
6 (14.6%)
Leon Osman
3 (7.3%)
Romelu Lukaku
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 29, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 27808 times)

October 24, 2013, 07:00:09 PM
Reply #60

Shogun

Administrator
Last week Danny Graham was "nailed on to score"

Went off injured after 20 minutes only for his substitute Sagbo to score instead!
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 24, 2013, 07:03:18 PM
Reply #61

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Went off injured after 20 minutes only for his substitute Sagbo to score instead!

His first goal for the club as well

Simply simply lovely

October 24, 2013, 07:40:37 PM
Reply #62

Ross

His first goal for the club as well

The Everton way
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 24, 2013, 09:38:00 PM
Reply #63

Evertonian in NC

So many classic Everton "ugh" moments last week...except that we got three points at the end.

That's left me feeling cautiously optimistic.  Nice to be able to get a few wins without our A game.  Though I hope we at least see B+ on Saturday.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 24, 2013, 10:39:27 PM
Reply #64

blueski

think vlaar will struggle against lukaku and if pienaar is fit we could really see a very good game out of our boys

we've got more than enough to handle benteke, as I recall weren't both goals 1v1 with heitinga
Nil Satis

October 25, 2013, 12:30:39 AM
Reply #65

Thornton_19

think vlaar will struggle against lukaku and if pienaar is fit we could really see a very good game out of our boys

we've got more than enough to handle benteke, as I recall weren't both goals 1v1 with heitinga

Fucking hell, yeah. Absolutely dire defending. Was it the first one he just walked past Heitinga and put it in the bottom corner. Grim that.

October 25, 2013, 01:06:33 AM
Reply #66

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Westwood will probably score from a corner or something like that
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 25, 2013, 01:32:21 AM
Reply #67

blueski

Fucking hell, yeah. Absolutely dire defending. Was it the first one he just walked past Heitinga and put it in the bottom corner. Grim that.
my recollection was the moment he was subbed off we bounced right back on them to draw
Nil Satis

October 25, 2013, 01:34:15 AM
Reply #68

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Our set piece defending vs Hull was a worry with Benteke in mind.

He won't miss the chances that Faye did, for example.

October 25, 2013, 04:55:50 AM
Reply #69

Rhys

Yes huddlestone just put balls into an area for Faye and Davies to attack which they did well. Can definitely see villa floating balls to the penalty spot for benteke to attack so need to handle them better than did against hull.

October 25, 2013, 06:11:59 AM
Reply #70

Good_Eye_Sniper

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but seems horribly sad. The kid only met some of the players last weekend:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fc-manager-sends-condolences-6240226

October 25, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
Reply #71

Ramjam

Villa 1-2 Everton
             Lukaku
             Kone
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 25, 2013, 01:40:56 PM
Reply #72

goodison4

dont mind villa - best side on the midlands by a long chalk for me - always will be
(except for saturday between 3 to 5pm)
think it will be an entertaining score draw 2 - 2

October 25, 2013, 09:08:15 PM
Reply #73

bacon sarnie

my recollection was the moment he was subbed off we bounced right back on them to draw

Don't worry - he has soft tissue damage this week according to the BBC who reminded me that this is the most-played fixture in the English top flight. Aston Villa have 72 wins to Everton's 71 from the previous 196 league meetings.

Benteke expected to start btw.

October 25, 2013, 11:04:34 PM
Reply #74

Shogun

Administrator
Merson:

There's something missing when Aston Villa play at home and I just don't fancy them. I don't see when they're going to win a football match at Villa Park. They seem alright away when teams attack them, but when opponents sit back and they have to attack then they struggle. I thought Everton improved against Hull in the second-half last week and this will be a tight game, but I just fancy Everton. It's weird - if this game was at Goodison Park I'd give Villa more of a chance.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

Lawro:

Aston Villa v Everton

Roberto Martinez has done a really good job at Everton since taking over in the summer. I hear from inside the camp that they are impressed by the way he coaches - that the sessions he puts on are very good.
After leaving Wigan, Martinez has gone to a bigger club and inherited better players collectively and individually, and he is keeping them at the level they were at. His transfer dealings, in and out, have been excellent too.

Aston Villa gave it a good go against Tottenham last weekend and Christian Benteke made a difference for them when he came on in the second half after his injury.
A lot depends on whether Benteke is fit enough to start on Saturday but, if he does play a significant part of the match, then my feeling is this one will be very close.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth