0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
6 (12.2%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
2 (4.1%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 41627 times)

October 28, 2013, 05:56:14 AM
Read 41627 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Tottenham Hotspur
Goodison Park
Sunday 3rd November 13:30
Premier League Match 10

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Fulham 2-1 Everton - League cup (Naismith)
Everton 3-2 Newcastle (Lukaku x2, Barkley)
Manchester City 3-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 2-1 Hull (Mirallas, Pienaar)
Aston Villa 0-2 Everton (Lukaku, Osman)

Tottenham's last 5 domestic matches 2013/14:

Aston Villa 0-4 Tottenham - League Cup (Defoe x2, Paulinho, Chadli)
Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea (Sigurdsson)
Tottenham 0-3 West Ham
Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham (Townsend, Soldado)
Tottenham 1-0 Hull (Soldado Pen)

Everton

Everton's 2-0 victory away to Aston Villa last Saturday means that Robert Martinez has now accumulated Everton's second highest point total after 9 games in the Premier League era. David Moyes has only had more which came in our record highest finish in 04/05. However, Walter Smith's record just goes to show a fast start can mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

Should Everton win their upcoming two fixtures against Tottenham and Crystal Palace then Martinez will hold the record for most points after 11 games.

Injury wise, there isn't much change for Everton with Antolin Alcaraz still a while away from returning and Darron Gibson is enduring a long term Knee injury. Johnny Heitinga and Apostolos Vellios also have knocks.

Tottenham

Tottenham currently lie 1 point above Everton in the league and have had 3 penalties already in their 9 league games. Theses have resulted in 1-0 victories against Crystal Palace, Swansea and most recently Hull City. No team has had more penalties this season, however last season, they didn't receive a single penalty along with Swansea City.

Despite some poor performances, Tottenham have 19 points which is joint the most they've ever had after 9 games in the premier league era. Villa-Boas broke Tottenham's points record last season and if starts are anything to go by he'll have a chance again.

Should Tottenham take 4 points against Everton and Newcastle then Villas-Boas will hold the points record after 11 games

Spurs are set to have a full squad to choose from when they travel to Goodison Park with Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue and Danny Rose all set to return from injury.

This will be the 166th meeting between the sides in history.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 28, 2013, 06:07:47 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Seems we've both played a lot of the same teams so far this season. The same results against Villa and Hull, but we beat West Ham away while they lost to West Ham at home. We beat Chelsea at home while they could only manage a draw.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 28, 2013, 06:13:19 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

This is a huge game for us. If we can find a way to win it, I'd expect us to beat Palace in the following game and then we can be really be taken seriously as possible Top 4 contenders. Bit worried about losing the battle in the middle of the park against Paulinho and Sandro/Dembele. Going to need massive performances from McCarthy and Barry.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 28, 2013, 06:22:41 AM
Reply #3

Thornton_19

They seem to really struggle to score. Hope we can stay tight at the back and continue this trend. Can see us winning 1-0 or 2-1.

October 28, 2013, 07:53:39 AM
Reply #4

MmmBlueRamirez

Kill them all.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 28, 2013, 08:31:15 AM
Reply #5

Optimistic Blue

Don't rate spurs at all, been incredibly lucky this season

should comfortably win
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

October 28, 2013, 08:35:18 AM
Reply #6

Heisenberg

6 nil to spurs. All dubious pens scored by soldado

October 28, 2013, 08:47:01 AM
Reply #7

cantoffee

This will be a real test. Very difficult to score against these and they strong players all over the park and good squad depth.

Not convinced by most of their signings so far but Paulinho is a boss and will be difficult to handle.

Baines will probably be up against Townsend which could be tough as he can struggle with pacy wingers. Lukaku should be able to bully Dawson around though and I think Distin and Jags should be able to handle Soldado.

2-1 to us - Baines Pen to win it.

October 28, 2013, 09:15:07 AM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Biggest test so far i recon, more so than Chelsea and City as they 'should' finish above us anyway, whereas Spurs are one of the ones we may battle for Europe.

It will be a great atmosphere im sure and i think we will nick a win.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:15:35 AM by Lizz88 »
I have to return some videotapes.

October 28, 2013, 01:48:02 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Another team that we've got a pretty appalling PL record against; hopefully we can continue our improvement in this regard as with Villa last weekend!

October 28, 2013, 01:57:28 PM
Reply #10

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna be a real test of how far we have come this game. I can see a draw but am hopeful of a win

Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2013, 02:50:30 PM
Reply #11

MmmBlueRamirez

Another team that we've got a pretty appalling PL record against; hopefully we can continue our improvement in this regard as with Villa last weekend!

We've got a great record in recent years. Seem to remember beating them on their own patch a few times.

I think it will be a good open game.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 28, 2013, 06:32:37 PM
Reply #12

indiantoffee1975

Tough one this, Spurs have been fortunate with penalty decisions going there way. I think we can squeeze a win out here. Jelavic to get the winner. 1-0

October 28, 2013, 06:39:07 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We've got a great record in recent years. Seem to remember beating them on their own patch a few times.

I think it will be a good open game.

Yes, we've won the last 3 meetings at home as well.

It's still appalling overall which makes you realise just how bad it was prior to the past few seasons!

October 28, 2013, 06:51:30 PM
Reply #14

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
These are there for the taking and I think we'll do them. I've seen them a few times this season and they look toothless so as long as we turn up I fancy us.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts