0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
6 (12.2%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
2 (4.1%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 41537 times)

November 04, 2013, 01:37:59 AM
Reply #750

Major Clanger

It was an accident. It happens. It was never a booking, not even a foul. The world agrees, Evertonians and non-Evertonians alike. MC on the other hand...

The world could start by learning what the laws of the game mean by "dangerous play". It's exactly this kind of situation, in fact, even if no contact is made, you can be penalised for dangerous play. (Like Distin when he nicked the ball in front of a Spurs midfielder's face.)

Granted, we, who already know it are the minority but thankfully I'm not alone.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 04, 2013, 01:43:17 AM
Reply #751

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The world could start by learning what the laws of the game mean by "dangerous play". It's exactly this kind of situation, in fact, even if no contact is made, you can be penalised for dangerous play. (Like Distin when he nicked the ball in front of a Spurs midfielder's face.)

You're wrong on this one mate. It wasnt dangerous play, he didnt even make a challenge. As has been said, he was actually slowing down and running away from Loris, it was Loris's momentum that forced the collision.

November 04, 2013, 01:47:27 AM
Reply #752

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

played football for 30 years and I don't think it was dangerous play at all. I have played in goal and up front, I have friends who have played both at a lot higher level than me and they don't think it's dangerous. Avb didn't say it was dangerous, I doubt lloris would. It's a wet pitch and he slides further than normal. I cant see what lukaku can do or what he did to merit a yellow. Had he two footed or even slid in on his head I would agree but he is just running

Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2013, 01:48:16 AM
Reply #753

sam of the south

Apologies if mentioned before but why were the Spurs fans singing  ' if you know your history ' ?
Also anyone see that kid on County Road in full redshite kit ,handing out flyers ?
Also why don't Greggs open on a sunday ?

Spurs have been singing it since the sixties, Alan
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 04, 2013, 02:38:44 AM
Reply #754

marky v

I didn't like how we had been set up for the first half with what looked like a 4 3 3, then we switched to a 4 4 1 1 and it still didn't click because spurs were on their game and we looked so poor giving the ball away so much,

Howards kicking was terrible and often over hit,
Distin needs to realise he isn't good enough on the ball to hit it first time,
Mirallas was a coward today never wanting to take a man on and when the ball was over hit he looked to the man playing it to moan instead of chasing down,
Osman looked the odd man out in the 3 man midfield and when tried further forward didn't even get on the ball,

We pressed to where we thought the ball was going and not the man which meant they were never under any real pressure on the ball,

Coleman, Barry, Pienaar, Baines and Barkley showed willing and tried although a lot never come off, we didn't do the basics right

Spurs never had a Striker posing any threat gave us a chance in the second half and although we stepped up we never made many quality chances,

Subs - Barkley came on and wanted to get on the ball and move it to the right areas, Barca Kid was weak and at times his touch was very poor but the run he did was special, Jelavic - nothing

November 04, 2013, 02:56:55 AM
Reply #755

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It's not exactly this situation. Distin's boot chest/head height could indeed be dangerous play even if no contact was made as it is reckless behaviour if they do it without concern for their surroundings.

If a player is running along on a different trajectory to the other player and that other player slides into him head first then how is it reckless?? I don't get the logic at all. If someone rugby tackled you as you were walking down the street and hurt themselves in the process should you be responsible for their injuries?

It was an accident Lloris slide into him on a wet pitch and there was contact as he ran past. Hopefully they're both ok. It ended up being a minor point in the game as a whole.

November 04, 2013, 03:09:22 AM
Reply #756

The Good Citizen

Liked Baines reaction to "You're just a shit Bradley Wiggins", gave them a big grin. Stupid fuckers started with "you're just a shit Ashley Cole" then remembered they were Spurs fans and changed it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:09:55 AM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

November 04, 2013, 03:17:08 AM
Reply #757

wepull

I think we need a plan b when teams start pressing us. Our players in general aren't the best when teams start playing the praying game.

And clanger for that lukaku booking it's like saying you hit the goalpost and then the post gets booked for dangerous play.

Though i agree ref wasn't that bad but surely had Coleman been more animated on his reaction adder the foul like Soldado or vertonghen, he would have surely got the penalty. He definitely was caught unlike Vertonghen. Soft penalty but nonetheless a penalty.

November 04, 2013, 04:16:57 AM
Reply #758

Major Clanger

You're wrong on this one mate. It wasnt dangerous play, he didnt even make a challenge. As has been said, he was actually slowing down and running away from Loris, it was Loris's momentum that forced the collision.

If he'd made a challenge, it would've been an active foul, something you give a direct free kick for.

Although to be honest with you, I wouldn't have booked him either, simply because he was incredibly sporting immediately afterwards, waving the physio on for Lloris when he was clearly in quite a lot of pain too.

He acted with dignity and sportsmanship rarely seen on a football pitch and that should be rewarded.

November 04, 2013, 04:20:06 AM
Reply #759

Major Clanger

I think we need a plan b when teams start pressing us. Our players in general aren't the best when teams start playing the praying game.

We do have a plan B of sorts, which is the direct ball to Lukaku, but we need the three attacking mids (or realistically, at least two of them) to get into position for the knock-down, which Osman and Mirallas wasn't doing. Barkley's much better at it, they have a better understanding with Romelu.

Another possible alternative would be for one of Barry and McCarthy to drive at the middle of their defence, this would be useful when they block off the flanks like Spurs did today.

November 04, 2013, 08:58:12 AM
Reply #760

BrotherEstapol

We do have a plan B of sorts, which is the direct ball to Lukaku, but we need the three attacking mids (or realistically, at least two of them) to get into position for the knock-down, which Osman and Mirallas wasn't doing. Barkley's much better at it, they have a better understanding with Romelu.
I would think that Naismith would be a good call for that sort of roll.

November 04, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
Reply #761

bacon sarnie