2 (5.6%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (2.8%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 28259 times)

November 10, 2013, 06:28:14 AM
Reply #525

goodtouchforabigman

I do wonder if Martinez enthusiasm breeds some kind of apathy amongst some fans.

Wigan fans didnt seem too fussed that they eventually went down under Martinez. Not many calling for his head etc.

Sometimes its as though you're not allowed to criticise the fella coz he's nice and smiley and says the right things.

Todays performance was an absolute shambles. We should be absolutely destroying chumps like that with the players we have at our disposal. Its Martinez fault we didnt.

Lets not get too hysterical. There's not too much to criticise Martinez about. I was pissed off we didn't hammer Palace but they were going to get a result sooner or later. Chelsea drew with WBA; does that mean Mourinio should be getting loads of shit?

The EPL, this year, seems to be the most competitive for ages so you can't go away from home home and expect to hammer teams, even those as seemingly shit as Palace.

We played shite today but we're still up there, lets get a sense of perspective. With the money we spend we can only hope to be about 6th best in the division, depressing I know but that's modern footy

November 10, 2013, 06:49:18 AM
Reply #526

Shogun

Administrator
The fact that it was the second drab 0-0 makes it seem a lot worse than it is.

Having said that, I do dislike this "we've only lost once" phrase people (probably even myself) say. We've drew 0-0 with Tottenham and Crystal Palace, Liverpool lost to Arsenal and beat Fulham in similar fixtures.

What you rather?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 10, 2013, 06:59:43 AM
Reply #527

Gash

Global Moderator
The fact that it was the second drab 0-0 makes it seem a lot worse than it is.

Having said that, I do dislike this "we've only lost once" phrase people (probably even myself) say. We've drew 0-0 with Tottenham and Crystal Palace, Liverpool lost to Arsenal and beat Fulham in similar fixtures.

What you rather?

Why give a fuck about Liverpool's results, we're in a battle with many clubs this season, Liverpool is just one of them.

November 10, 2013, 07:07:18 AM
Reply #528

Shogun

Administrator
My point is I'd rather have 3 points from 6 rather than 2 from 6 and be unbeaten.

I only took Liverpool as the team as Arsenal and Tottenham are of similar stature as are Fulham and Crystal Palace.

November 10, 2013, 07:45:43 AM
Reply #529

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, you spend one matchday at work and the whole thing turns into a shambles!
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

November 10, 2013, 07:51:43 AM
Reply #530

Shogun

Administrator
Fucking hell, you spend one matchday at work and the whole thing turns into a shambles!

You better clear your schedule in two weeks!

November 10, 2013, 02:12:05 PM
Reply #531

MmmBlueRamirez

Look, we get it, you don't rate Martinez, stop going on about it.

No you're wrong Gash

I really rate him. I think he's a very good manager but there may be some fundamental flaws in his approach. In concerned that whilst he is changing our overall ethos he may introducing weaknesses.

Like with moyes I will criticise him when I feel necessary.

Yesterday's performance was shite. You could see Martinez looking concerned about 20 mins in. He did fuck all about it though depart from perhaps switch and switch back the attacking midfielders.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 10, 2013, 02:22:33 PM
Reply #532

Bally

Administrator
I'm pretty sure most on here know my views on Bob Martins, yesterday was more to do with his playing staff being atrocious and not having the bollocks to destroy a fucking shite palace team, than it was to do with him, maybe starting with Ozzie may have been a mistake, but he was chosen and played no worse than anyone else in a blue shirt.
My biggest problem is this 72% possession and fucking nothing to show for it but jags hitting the bar with a header.

I was fuming with that display yesterday one of the worst I've seen for a long long time.
It's the roll I way

November 10, 2013, 02:44:10 PM
Reply #533

Jimbo and the Jetset

As a rule, people who ask 'why go on about Liverpool' or say 'who gives a shit about Liverpool?' are people that didn't grow up in the City with the intense rivalry that brings.  When you're living and working alongside Koppites, it's intense.  Then you'd understand why we often measure our success against theirs.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

November 10, 2013, 04:58:43 PM
Reply #534

Toddacelli

Fuck me.
I've been out the loop for two days and I come on here to find the result and there's pandemonium for a draw away.
Yes it sounds like the performance was shit but that is what they work on in between games. Martinez's job this week is to work on what they did wrong and improve it for the next game.
You know what they say about teams who played badly and still get a result. Let's not lose our heads.
Yes you feel like shit this week if you saw the game but have faith. If things are that bad and we are drawing away from home, when they improve (and they will) - we'll be right up there again.
IMWT

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates