15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 85453 times)

November 10, 2013, 03:45:18 PM
Read 85453 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think their style suits our new style and as long as we don't revert to type we have a good chance. The problem we will have is that fans won't want to see us passing it around the back in a derby but if we don't do that and show patience they will kill us off. Roberto needs to be smart for this one and as Stealth says this is a real test for him, possibly his first one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:43:59 PM by Silas »

November 10, 2013, 04:43:19 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think we need to have a bit of perspective here though and not build them up as if they are some sort of leviathan. If Sturridge or Suarez are poor they don't have a lot else going for them.  Our defence and midfield are better than there's and Lukaku could be the difference this time round.

If fans and players go into this with the same old defeatist attitude we will get what we deserve.  A new manager, a new approach a win is well within us.

November 10, 2013, 10:03:17 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
3 games ago people would be backing us to take them. Two mediocre results (and the Spurs one was a good point) and we are suddenly destined to get battered.

November 10, 2013, 10:10:42 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Cant blame Moyes for the negative attitude he had in this game when are fans are even worse.

Which came first though? I can't remember now!

Strange comments in here! I guess yesterdays draw adds to the 'inevitable' bottling against the shite though. The past 2 games have seen me rethink whether i actually believe we have an outstanding team, it seems the drive has gone a bit, especially first half against spurs when no one could even be arsed to tackle!
I think the most important thing will be if Barkley starts, if he does i think we can win this, he will actually shoot which is something no one else has been doing, and he will chase and tackle etc. We need him to drive us forward. People may say he could be a loose cannon with the emotion of the derby but i think we need that emotion put back into the team.
Im dreading The two cunts up front and hoping some psycho runs onto the pitch with a machete and takes off Sturridge's arms if he scores.

Outstanding is a stretch I think so far mate but we have a good side that hasn't quite clicked yet. Newcastle is more of an indication of what we are capable of than Palace for sure. I think people need to remember that Jags and Distin have hardly been destroyed by either Sturridge or Suarez particularly in any derby. They usually need a huge slice of luck.

November 10, 2013, 10:18:46 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I get excited easilly because i've only really seen shite or mediocre! That first half against Newcastle i felt like i was watching Barca!! So im even more gutted when we play so poor like the spurs and game yesterday.
Different set up though this time, i would be worrying about that stupid passing we do with Howard, and the defense. Suarez will love that for sure!

Yeah, they are going to have to be smart with Suarez and Sturridge pressing them. On the other hand, would think Barry will drop for the ball though leaving both of them flat and giving us space to attack through the midfield.

November 12, 2013, 05:41:25 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's a big risk but he is a potential game changer.

November 13, 2013, 02:38:17 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Family enclosure is a great view and you get to harass the players

November 13, 2013, 02:48:57 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This, used to terror the subs warming up until they swapped sides

I think poor Joel Robles hates me.

November 15, 2013, 07:08:01 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What was Jimmy saying the other day about never being allowed to forget anything on here?

November 15, 2013, 07:16:15 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Everton have got a great home record, and is something to be envious of if you ask me.  Fortress-like!

It's going to be anyone's game to be honest.  With both managers attack minded, this should be a lot better than the derby at Anfield last season, how fucking dull was that!

I'd say it is a tough one to call, it can go any way, but I'm going for a slight lean towards Liverpool on this one.  Feel free to berate me afterwards. ;-)

As for Liverpool being carried by our strikeforce that's just laughable.  One of them never played for a good percentage of those games, it was the Gerrard show last weekend, and Mignolet certainly proved his worth in some of the opening games (memorably the penalty vs Stoke, and a great save against Villa).  I personally think credit needs to be given throughout the team.  If Martinez just concentrates on those two players, he'll regret it I'm sure.

May the best team win.

You were saying Gerrard was slipping up until last game mate.  You have some good players but it is Sturridge and Suarez that are a threat. Everyone else is relatively easy to deal with by comparison.

November 15, 2013, 08:40:19 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he can turn it on but he's not the force he was. Fancy Barry to do a job on him.

November 15, 2013, 08:46:39 PM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas has assists for us too. It means he is still dangerous but not in great form.

November 16, 2013, 12:37:45 AM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Player of the Goodison derby last season for you guys till he got took off. Caused us all sorts of problems.

He was and he's incredibly talented but he's not been oour best player often enough for me.

November 17, 2013, 03:19:22 PM
Reply #13

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It is quite dull this "cunt off" thing.

Anyhow, I reckon our cunts are going to smash your cunts BWS.

November 19, 2013, 04:19:16 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool will no doubt be playing a reverse inverted defensive wingattack so we will have to have the tactics to counter that.