15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 87495 times)

November 23, 2013, 08:02:37 PM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Looking better since the change, game is starting to open up though.

November 23, 2013, 08:03:57 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Wow. One for each side. Shocking miss.

November 23, 2013, 08:17:55 PM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What a header from Distin there.

November 23, 2013, 09:00:15 PM
Reply #18

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It was silly to give that free kick away at the end. Especially as they always looked like they could score from set pieces.

Both sides had some decent chances second half to score. They probably just shaded the misses from good opportunities category...so I guess from that perspective it was a decent result.

Still when you get ahead so late on...hard not to feel disappointed. Would have been good to put a marker down that we can win these games with Martinez. Still I guess we showed good spirit to come back twice from being behind, should not forget that.

Hope Baines is not seriously injured. I thought we looked far more threatening though after he came off as we had to change shape. I think this was an eye opener to Martinez about how we can change games in the second half. Last couple of draws we changed personnel but not the shape. Dropping Barkley back and losing one of the holding midfielders really made a difference. The chances started to flow from there. Barkley still could make decisive passes but we then had an extra option up front in Deulofeu to pass to.

Shame Deulofeu missed his one on one, but I thought overall we were more dangerous with him in the mix.

November 23, 2013, 09:02:46 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley failed to pick up Sturridge

Was wondering if it should have been him tracking Coutinho for the first too.

November 23, 2013, 09:08:42 PM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Even though Delefeou frustrated me, its nice to see Baines go off and see an attacking player come on, Martinez goes for games, Moyes never and that in itself is exciting.

Let's not bring Moyes into this. That statement is utterly untrue though, unless you're suggesting we never won a game after falling behind under Moyes.

This is about Martinez now, let's leave it there.

November 23, 2013, 09:09:59 PM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can't put up a poll for some reason.

There are pills you can take for that I believe.

November 23, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It seemed that way today.

While he is no doubt an exciting prospect, he gave the ball away far to many times when he came on for a game of this magnitude.

But what does fill me with confidence is Martinez' willingness to change the game in an attacking sense, and as you could see it very nearly worked.

I have no doubt in my mind if Moyes was still in charge we would have bottled it.

I appreciated the opportunity he took when it happened, but the biggest switch was an enforced one with Baines going off injured. Would we have changed shape otherwise?

I hope we look at the option to lose one of the defensive midfielders more often now when we're looking to break teams down. This is the sort of thing that could've helped us in our last few draws where we struggled to create chances. We looked much more likely to score with Barkley pulling the strings from deep and another option up top.