15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 87928 times)

November 15, 2013, 07:13:25 PM
Reply #180

BigWoodenSpoon

Everton have got a great home record, and is something to be envious of if you ask me.  Fortress-like!

It's going to be anyone's game to be honest.  With both managers attack minded, this should be a lot better than the derby at Anfield last season, how fucking dull was that!

I'd say it is a tough one to call, it can go any way, but I'm going for a slight lean towards Liverpool on this one.  Feel free to berate me afterwards. ;-)

As for Liverpool being carried by our strikeforce that's just laughable.  One of them never played for a good percentage of those games, it was the Gerrard show last weekend, and Mignolet certainly proved his worth in some of the opening games (memorably the penalty vs Stoke, and a great save against Villa).  I personally think credit needs to be given throughout the team.  If Martinez just concentrates on those two players, he'll regret it I'm sure.

May the best team win.

November 15, 2013, 07:16:15 PM
Reply #181

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Everton have got a great home record, and is something to be envious of if you ask me.  Fortress-like!

It's going to be anyone's game to be honest.  With both managers attack minded, this should be a lot better than the derby at Anfield last season, how fucking dull was that!

I'd say it is a tough one to call, it can go any way, but I'm going for a slight lean towards Liverpool on this one.  Feel free to berate me afterwards. ;-)

As for Liverpool being carried by our strikeforce that's just laughable.  One of them never played for a good percentage of those games, it was the Gerrard show last weekend, and Mignolet certainly proved his worth in some of the opening games (memorably the penalty vs Stoke, and a great save against Villa).  I personally think credit needs to be given throughout the team.  If Martinez just concentrates on those two players, he'll regret it I'm sure.

May the best team win.

You were saying Gerrard was slipping up until last game mate.  You have some good players but it is Sturridge and Suarez that are a threat. Everyone else is relatively easy to deal with by comparison.

November 15, 2013, 07:30:47 PM
Reply #182

Alanvideo

You were saying Gerrard was slipping up until last game mate.  You have some good players but it is Sturridge and Suarez that are a threat. Everyone else is relatively easy to deal with by comparison.
.............we won't mention Gerrard's hat trick 2 seasons ago then.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 15, 2013, 08:35:03 PM
Reply #183

Shogun

Administrator
Their central midfield pairing of Gerrard and Lucas is by far their weakest area.

November 15, 2013, 08:37:39 PM
Reply #184

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Careful. That slimeball always raises his game against us. Even when he's played poorly. And he has a couple of weeks off resting right now.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 15, 2013, 08:40:19 PM
Reply #185

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he can turn it on but he's not the force he was. Fancy Barry to do a job on him.

November 15, 2013, 08:44:06 PM
Reply #186

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Steven Gerrard leads the assist charts. The lad can still ping passes for fun.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 15, 2013, 08:45:01 PM
Reply #187

Shogun

Administrator
Doesn't mean he not a good player, I just think it's a poor partnership in the centre of midfield. Henderson manages to cover it up with his running but it really can be exploited. Don't rate Cissokho either.

November 15, 2013, 08:46:36 PM
Reply #188

Bluedylan

Doesn't mean he not a good player, I just think it's a poor partnership in the centre of midfield. Henderson manages to cover it up with his running but it really can be exploited. Don't rate Cissokho either.

Agree with all of that. If we're going to win this, we'll win it in midfield and Osman absolutely can not start this game for us to have a chance.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 15, 2013, 08:46:39 PM
Reply #189

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas has assists for us too. It means he is still dangerous but not in great form.

November 15, 2013, 08:52:53 PM
Reply #190

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I agree, still though the stats show he's still a danger.

McCarthey and Barry could control that for us though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 15, 2013, 09:35:58 PM
Reply #191

hill135

The lad can still ping passes 60 yards and out for a throw-in for fun.

Fixed

November 15, 2013, 09:51:03 PM
Reply #192

steve81

wish we could avoid this game i hate playing them as we never turn up

November 15, 2013, 10:06:34 PM
Reply #193

matty1878

wish we could avoid this game i hate playing them as we never turn up

i agree mate - but its a new manager new team new tactics and if goodison is rocking you just dont know.
lets hope martinez will know our record against the rs and will want to keep goodison a fortress and also to change are fortunes against these
row u seat 167 park end

November 15, 2013, 10:10:17 PM
Reply #194

Gash

Global Moderator