15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 87834 times)

November 21, 2013, 08:36:03 PM
Reply #495

Ridge

Hmm.

Seemed like a lot of blood and thunder to me.

Lots of heavy touches but with a resultant heavy tackle which always gets the crowd on side.

Yeah, would agree with this, can only remember him playing well against us and even then he looks a bit of a unit that managed to cope well given his limitations.

November 21, 2013, 08:43:11 PM
Reply #496

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Reminded me of Coleman when he first broke into the side. Potential in him I thought.

I can see where you're coming from.

However I think he always looked a bit out of position (which he probably was; I'm sure he was a CB).

He got beyond that through the general adrenaline of just breaking through into the 1st team; but that was never going to last.

CBs look great at full back when things go well as they're much bigger, generally, than actual full backs so when they're bombing on they look almost unstoppable due to their size and power.

Once form drops off, or the opposition catch on their weaknesses are exposed and they look lumbering.

I'd imagine that with a few injuries he's lost the momentum of his earlier appearances and he's falling between two stools - he's not good enough technically to be a full back and he's not good enough defensively to play CB.

If he's going to be a CB long term he's still quite young so he wouldn't be written off completely but they have stocked up on CBs.

November 21, 2013, 11:07:50 PM
Reply #497

Bluedylan

This is an actual fly on the wall documentary. No word of a lie...

Gerrard and Rodgers - Parody (Darren Farley)

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 22, 2013, 12:27:40 AM
Reply #498

sam of the south

Hey-up, it's the post police.

Go fuck yourself Lizz. With a courgette.

BWS, what's wrong with you?

That's just unnecessary.

*sorry if this was ages ago, everyone; I'm just catching up
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:28:33 AM by sam of the south »
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 22, 2013, 12:59:18 AM
Reply #499

bacon sarnie

Come one you blues. Twat the fuckers.....(Wound-up? Me? Nah!)

Breathe........

November 22, 2013, 01:16:50 AM
Reply #500

Deano Blue Boy

I wish I was going the game. That roar from the crowd when the players leave the tunnel, onto the pitch is something else, Z Cars blasting in the background. Bliss that moment.

November 22, 2013, 03:03:44 AM
Reply #501

Alanvideo

I wish I was going the game. That roar from the crowd when the players leave the tunnel, onto the pitch is something else, Z Cars blasting in the background. Bliss that moment.
............dead right mate . My knees start knocking as I walk up County Road .  Come on blues these are shite  :hail:
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 22, 2013, 04:24:00 PM
Reply #502

BigWoodenSpoon

BWS, what's wrong with you?

That's just unnecessary.

*sorry if this was ages ago, everyone; I'm just catching up

Love this.

Lizz has been nipping at me for a long time now, I've bitten back and all of a sudden she's the victim.

Girl or boy, I couldn't give a monkeys. If someone keeps giving me abuse, one day you'll get a reaction.

Basically, despite all the abuse I've received, I've given people a real reason to have a pop at me and tgey've taken full advantage of it. Was anything said about the initial abuse - no.

November 22, 2013, 04:25:42 PM
Reply #503

Gash

Global Moderator
Love this.

Lizz has been nipping at me for a long time now, I've bitten back and all of a sudden she's the victim.

Girl or boy, I couldn't give a monkeys. If someone keeps giving me abuse, one day you'll get a reaction.

Basically, despite all the abuse I've received, I've given people a real reason to have a pop at me and tgey've taken full advantage of it. Was anything said about the initial abuse - no.

Just drop it mate. Lets draw a line under all this and get back to the topic.

November 22, 2013, 04:41:49 PM
Reply #504

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Justice for the wooden one.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 22, 2013, 04:57:58 PM
Reply #505

BigWoodenSpoon

Just drop it mate. Lets draw a line under all this and get back to the topic.

Yeah sure.

...just a shame this couldn't have been said to the other posters that carried this subject matter on.

Hey-ho, back to the match...

November 22, 2013, 05:02:29 PM
Reply #506

The Analog Kid

November 22, 2013, 05:06:40 PM
Reply #507

sirblue57

Love this.

TBF mate, i think you had a bit of a meltdown. but hope the real BWS is back. ya Rs whiner...;)

messin fella,
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 22, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Reply #508

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Wind it in BWS. I've always supported you in the past mate but your behaviour has been a bit embarrasing in this thread

When you joined this site you should have been fully aware that we support Everton and dont take well to opposition fans coming on here trying to wind us up.

In the past it was refreshing to hear from you as you seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for us, apart from when we play against you obviously. And also I appreciated your views, despite the blip when you defended the undefendable actions of Luis Suarez.

I'd like you to return to form of old to be honest mate, wipe the slate clean and join us for more friendly banter tomorrow!

I'm not saying everyone has been totally welcoming to you or anything but you have to understand if there is animosity in your replies that people will take offence to it

Hope you manage to turn things around mate
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 22, 2013, 05:22:33 PM
Reply #509

BigWoodenSpoon

Wind it in BWS. I've always supported you in the past mate but your behaviour has been a bit embarrasing in this thread

When you joined this site you should have been fully aware that we support Everton and dont take well to opposition fans coming on here trying to wind us up.

In the past it was refreshing to hear from you as you seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for us, apart from when we play against you obviously. And also I appreciated your views, despite the blip when you defended the undefendable actions of Luis Suarez.

I'd like you to return to form of old to be honest mate, wipe the slate clean and join us for more friendly banter tomorrow!

I'm not saying everyone has been totally welcoming to you or anything but you have to understand if there is animosity in your replies that people will take offence to it

Hope you manage to turn things around mate

Fair enough pal. Will do.

...can I retract my "dicking you 4-1" statement? That was said in anger and I'd hate for that to be seen as cocky and arrogant. I'm feeling totally opposite in fact, not a good feeling at all. :-(

The thing is, the slim Spanish waiter has had good results against us in the past, and you can argue that this Everton team  is better than any Wigan team. As for that good win Liverpool got at Wigan last season, don't be fooled by that either - Wigan had more than their fair share of chances and Reina was on top form.