0 (0%)
Stones (sub)
0 (0%)
Jelavic (sub)
1 (2.5%)
Mirallas (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 18817 times)

November 25, 2013, 07:43:13 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

Week of death? We'll come away from these three fixtures with 7 points

That's the spirit Thornton lad! I'm genuinely excited about the Man U game cos I think our midfield can totally dominate theirs on a big pitch.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 25, 2013, 07:48:18 PM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Week of death? We'll come away from these three fixtures with 7 points

I'll be reasonably happy with 5 points. Arsenal do love occasionally hammering us!getting on for 20 years since we did arsenal at their place and its longer than that since we did United away, though if there ever was a time where I felt confident it would be this time
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 25, 2013, 07:59:30 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
it would for me, beat these and i'd imagine we'll jump up a place or 2 in the league this weekend

But it's a game we'd expect to win.

I can see how losing/not winning might have the opposite effect.

November 25, 2013, 08:00:37 PM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon Shogun's lineup is most likely although there is a chance he will draft Stones/Heitinga/Alcaraz in and go 3-5-2. 

Hoping Oviedo gets a chance to show what he can do in a competitive game over ninety minutes. I think we will win but I think whenever we get the ball it will be slow and hard work breaking them down while they will look to hit us on set pieces. 

November 25, 2013, 08:20:31 PM
Reply #19

Ross

Reckon Shogun's lineup is most likely although there is a chance he will draft Stones/Heitinga/Alcaraz in and go 3-5-2. 

Hoping Oviedo gets a chance to show what he can do in a competitive game over ninety minutes. I think we will win but I think whenever we get the ball it will be slow and hard work breaking them down while they will look to hit us on set pieces.

I can't see him going 3 at the back myself, were having relative success adapting to the current change in style. To add a new dimension now before we've actually perfected this new way of playing would be to risky, maybe if we'd stayed in the cup longer or actually weren't doing as well things might be different. But considering we've got options for a straight forward 1 for 1 replacement for Baines I can't see the benefits.

Like you say Silas which ever way he goes Stoke's game plan will be to contain, sit deep and hope for counter attacks and set pieces.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 25, 2013, 09:17:08 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I want us to go 3-4-3/3-5-2 in this game

We've had great trouble scoring against teams of Stokes level this season, West Brom, Cardiff and Palace. I feel like we need to take a different, more attacking approach .

If we go 4-2-3-1 and play against a Stoke team that will just sit back and contain, then I can see another 0-0

November 25, 2013, 09:22:14 PM
Reply #21

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I want us to go 3-4-3/3-5-2 in this game

We've had great trouble scoring against teams of Stokes level this season, West Brom, Cardiff and Palace. I feel like we need to take a different, more attacking approach .

If we go 4-2-3-1 and play against a Stoke team that will just sit back and contain, then I can see another 0-0

If we do go 4-2-3-1 we need as much pace as possible to get at them. Deulofeu would need to come in somewhere for me.  It's who gives way though?

November 25, 2013, 09:25:33 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I still say start as we lined up against Liverpool after Baines came off. Aside from the first half against Newcastle I don't think we've threatened to score as much as we did in that period. We looked a lot more dangerous with another attacking minded player on and Barkley pulling the strings next to McCarthy.

And yes I'd give Barry a go at LB. He can play the position and as a leader I think he's great to have on the pitch.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:26:52 PM by blueToffee »

November 25, 2013, 09:25:46 PM
Reply #23

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If we do go 4-2-3-1 we need as much pace as possible to get at them. Deulofeu would need to come in somewhere for me.  It's who gives way though?

Maybe move Barry LB, drop Barkley back, put Mirallas or Pienaar on the hole and Delofew out wide.

BOOM!!!!!1

November 25, 2013, 09:28:55 PM
Reply #24

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe move Barry LB, drop Barkley back, put Mirallas or Pienaar on the hole and Delofew out wide.

BOOM!!!!!1

Not a fan of Barry for lb but if accommodates pace further forward i would deal!

November 25, 2013, 09:30:48 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not a fan of Barry for lb but if accommodates pace further forward i would deal!

Cant drop Pienaar or Mirallas after the Derby though. Our two best players imo.

November 25, 2013, 10:46:52 PM
Reply #26

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Cant drop Pienaar or Mirallas after the Derby though. Our two best players imo.

Oh yeah they were very good. Have to reward players for good performances.

November 25, 2013, 11:01:57 PM
Reply #27

Shogun

Administrator
Mike Jones is the referee. His most notable game for us is the 2-2 at home to Newcastle last season. Refereed 11 Everton games, Won 2 Draw 7 Loss 2.

He has refereed 22 Stoke games and given 9 penalties (3 Stoke, 6 opposition) and 3 red cards (all Stoke)
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 25, 2013, 11:09:45 PM
Reply #28

Bluedylan

Why has no-one mentioned the 2-7-1?

Howard

Jags            Distin

Coleman   Barkley  McCarthy    Barry

Deulofeu  Pienaar   Mirallas

Lukaku   

Ridiculous I know.                 
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 26, 2013, 03:06:21 AM
Reply #29

Juanito

Dont actually mind Baines being out, which shows how much our game has changed since last season. But I am not sure about Oviedo, he looks defensively weak. I hope we get to see Alcaraz