0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)
EVERY ONE OF THE BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS
38 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Manchester United v Everton  (Read 44840 times)

December 02, 2013, 05:10:53 AM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would be happy with a narrow victory at Utd and a narrow defeat at Arsenal if offered right now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 02, 2013, 06:15:42 AM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People seem to think it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to win, just because they have Moyes and we have Martinez.

I'm not so sure myself.

December 02, 2013, 06:19:55 AM
Reply #17

Shogun

Administrator
People seem to think it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to win, just because they have Moyes and we have Martinez.

I'm not so sure myself.

It's total overconfidence, they haven't lost in 11 or so games.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 02, 2013, 08:39:00 AM
Reply #18

BrotherEstapol

They've lost more games than we have...

December 02, 2013, 09:05:14 AM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
Name me a premier legaue team who haven't!
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 02, 2013, 01:22:34 PM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'm not so sure myself.

Haha I did notice that in the prediction thread we've gone from the Liverpool game where there was widespread pessimism to this game where nearly everyone thinks we're going to win.

Much like when Liverpool are below us everyone likes to go on about how incredibly shite these are. And while they might be a lot worse than in past seasons it's seemingly ignored that they're only 2 points behind us.

If this was Spurs (for example) everyone would be planning for a tough game. Not sure how the table would suggest otherwise.

As it happens I think we've got a chance in both of these games (maybe more in the Utd one as it's the first of the two so we'll be that bit fresher).

But City away showed what can also happen if we don't play well. Hopefully we've learned from what went wrong there and guard against it in these games.

I do think we've got the players to hit these teams on the break now though which is essential if you're going to catch them out at home. We've still been a bit too sloppy in our execution of breaks this season by again, you'd imagine that improving with time and experience as well.

December 02, 2013, 02:52:56 PM
Reply #21

matty1878

id take two points from our next two away games. man u and arsenal our record isnt great atall, and they are both playing well more so the latter. but united at old trafford they are a diffrent side to away we need to stand up there more so now moyes is there! to think he wont rally his team against us  is a dangerous thing. its upto martinez to prepare us well for this.
row u seat 167 park end

December 02, 2013, 03:01:25 PM
Reply #22

School of Science

Be honest I am confident at the moment simply because of the way we are playing. Add the factor that a lot of the players Moyes left yo go Man u, will I think want to prove him wrong. Especially a certain Ross Barkley who I think must start and who will be chomping at the bit to play.
I also think rightly or wrongly this is not one of the great United teams were playing and the only player I really fear now that Van Percey isn't playing is Rooney.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 02, 2013, 04:25:00 PM
Reply #23

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Be honest I am confident at the moment simply because of the way we are playing. Add the factor that a lot of the players Moyes left yo go Man u, will I think want to prove him wrong. Especially a certain Ross Barkley who I think must start and who will be chomping at the bit to play.
I also think rightly or wrongly this is not one of the great United teams were playing and the only player I really fear now that Van Percey isn't playing is Rooney.

On the flip side Moyes will REALLY want to win this one.  Rooney and Van Persie can still destroy teams on their own.  A draw should still be seen as a good result, but I am more confident that we can beat them at Old Trafford than I've ever been
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 02, 2013, 05:34:47 PM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

Rooney's definitely the one to fear. He seems to be playing pretty much a free role, and is dictating the play for them, often giving them another body in midfield, which is where I thought we might dominate them.

I thought they looked more fluid in midfield yesterday and had Spurs pinned back a lot, which Spurs did to us.

Going to be tough, but still winnable.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 02, 2013, 06:47:42 PM
Reply #25

blob

Haha I did notice that in the prediction thread we've gone from the Liverpool game where there was widespread pessimism to this game where nearly everyone thinks we're going to win.

Much like when Liverpool are below us everyone likes to go on about how incredibly shite these are. And while they might be a lot worse than in past seasons it's seemingly ignored that they're only 2 points behind us.

If this was Spurs (for example) everyone would be planning for a tough game. Not sure how the table would suggest otherwise.

As it happens I think we've got a chance in both of these games (maybe more in the Utd one as it's the first of the two so we'll be that bit fresher).

But City away showed what can also happen if we don't play well. Hopefully we've learned from what went wrong there and guard against it in these games.

I do think we've got the players to hit these teams on the break now though which is essential if you're going to catch them out at home. We've still been a bit too sloppy in our execution of breaks this season by again, you'd imagine that improving with time and experience as well.

i don't think we'll win either, but if hull can beat the shite...........

December 02, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
Reply #26

The Good Citizen

de Gea=Howard
Smalling/Coleman*
*Evra/Oviedo
Evans=Distin
Vidic=Jagielka    
Cleverley/McCarthy*                
*Valencia/Mirallas             
Fellaini=Barry    
*Rooney/Barkley
Kagawa/Pienaar*
Welbeck/Lukaku*

_____________________________ ______________

*Hernández/Jelavic
*Nani/Osman
Young/Deulofeu*

Probably get shot down for this, just looking at the likely starting line ups, (less sure about UTD's but swapped the suspended Jones for Fellaini). Placed a * next to who I'd rate the higher (down the middle if I think there's no clearly better player) also considered current form - Vidic has been below par for instance where as I thought Valencia has looked back to his best in recent week although Mirallas is coming into form also but Valencia still shaves it at present.

Think Utd have a stronger bench as you'd expect but I genuinely think those line ups are quite well matched. Its all on paper of course and I've done this before with Utd and watched us get crushed but hey-ho. :)

Still don't think we have anythign to fear. Barkley & Rooney will be really interesting to watch, Rooney's just untouchable at the moment though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:21:01 PM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 02, 2013, 06:52:25 PM
Reply #27

Evertonian in NC

Looking at the best realistic scenario, it would be better to draw United and beat the Arseholes.  But eating Moyes and drawing or even losing to Arsenal would be immeasurably more satisfying, emotionally.

Classic head v. heart.  Good thing what we want has no bearing on what actually happens.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 02, 2013, 07:36:53 PM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
i don't think we'll win either, but if hull can beat the shite...........

I'm not ruling anything out by the way.

Even just the optimism of "I haven't seen this approach fail yet" is preferable to not being optimistic at all.

I do genuinely think we can win at these places - but it's not going to be easy.

December 02, 2013, 07:37:44 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at the best realistic scenario, it would be better to draw United and beat the Arseholes.  But eating Moyes and drawing or even losing to Arsenal would be immeasurably more satisfying, emotionally.

Classic head v. heart.  Good thing what we want has no bearing on what actually happens.

I really don't care where we get the points from.