0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (sub)
4 (4.7%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 29377 times)

December 05, 2013, 09:58:15 AM
Read 29377 times

Shogun

Administrator

Arsenal v Everton
Emirates Stadium (Capacity - 60, 361)
Sunday 8th December 16:00
Premier League match 15

Arsenal's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool (Cazorla, Ramsey)
Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal
Arsenal 2-0 Southampton (Giroud x2)
Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal (Ramsey x2, Flamini)
Arsenal 2-0 Hull (Bendtner, Ozil)

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Everton 0-0 Tottenham
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton

Everton 3-3 Liverpool (Mirallas, Lukaku x2)
Everton 4-0 Stoke (Deulofeu, Coleman, Oviedo, Lukaku)
Manchester United 0-1 Everton (Oviedo)

Arsenal

Arsenal secured a routine 2-0 win over Hull City on Wednesday night as a couple of first team players were rested to the bench such as Gibbs, Arteta and Giroud. This is Arsenal's 5th clean sheet in their last 6 matches as the Gunners show no signs of slowing down their title charge despite defeat at Old Trafford a few weeks ago.

There are still a few pundits and footballing fan's who doubt that Arsenal are serious title contenders in spite of their strong start to the season. Going into this top 7 clash, Arsenal have only played Tottenham at home, Liverpool at home and Manchester United at Old Trafford from last year's top 7 in their opening 14 games so perhaps the talk of a title challenge is premature. Having said that, you can only beat what's in front of you and 6 points is a solid return from those fixtures.

Substituting Wigan, Reading and QPR with Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Hull, the above table shows how these teams have gotten on against some of the 'lesser'teams in the league. Aston Villa on the opening day of the season remains Arsenal's only dropped points against last season's bottom half teams. Maintain that sort of standard and Arsenal could gain 50 points just from teams in the bottom half this season.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton are looking break back to back unwanted records as they head to the Emirates on Sunday. Bryan Oviedo's dramatic late winner ended Everton's 21 year drought at Old Trafford and travels to the red side of North London haven't been prosperous in the Premier League era either as it's 17 years since Everton beat Arsenal away in the Premier League. Confidence will be high with just one defeat in the league this year which is the lowest of any side.

Everton have accumulated the most clean sheets this season having only conceded in 6 of their 14 Premier League games, however only half of these have been wins. Despite the positive style of play from both sides, there's plenty of signs to point towards a game of few goals given both team's defensive abilities this season.

Stats and Injuries

Arsenal will be without long term injuries Abou Diaby and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain whilst Podolski is also unlikely to be fit in time. Everton will likely be without Leighton Baines along with long term injuries Darron Gibson and Arouna Kone

This will be the 200th meeting between the two sides.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:45:07 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 05, 2013, 01:47:29 PM
Reply #1

BrotherEstapol

Not sure what to expect here.
Hope we just play to win as we did at Old Trafford and come away with a point or 3. :)

December 05, 2013, 02:06:48 PM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
God you're good Shogun!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2013, 02:25:23 PM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

Just mark Ramsey and Ozil out the game.

Job done.

December 05, 2013, 02:32:17 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Different type of game really difficult for us. A draw would be a good result

December 05, 2013, 03:37:16 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
1996 Arsenal vs Everton 1-2

This is the last time we beat Arsenal away.  Never beaten them at The Emirates

I'm hoping me posting the vid of our last win at United in the last matchday thread had a positive effect so I am trying to replicate that here by once again dipping into Sir Stealths Video Vault
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2013, 04:00:50 PM
Reply #6

The Good Citizen

Interesting side story for this will be Ozil v Barry given what happened in Germany. Sure he'll want to put in a commanding performance coming off the OT win too where I thought he was exceptional.

Mirallas Barkley Deulofeu just looks beautiful on the page! Can't help but feel its overly attacking against a side that can keep the ball better than anyone but then I'm just going to let RM work his positive magic and let Arsenal worry about us instead for a change.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 05, 2013, 04:49:32 PM
Reply #7

WeimaranerBlues

remember that game, shot of g ablett in andrea's goal cele

December 05, 2013, 06:39:07 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas Barkley Deulofeu just looks beautiful on the page! Can't help but feel its overly attacking against a side that can keep the ball better than anyone but then I'm just going to let RM work his positive magic and let Arsenal worry about us instead for a change.

It is too attacking in the sense that they're all similar players who like to get the ball and run with it.

Unless Pienaar is completely knackered or has a knock there's no reason not to play him.

December 05, 2013, 06:41:25 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Overall though, I'm looking forward to this one.

I'd rather it wasn't straight on the back of the Utd game but I do think they'll be exposed to our counter attacks so if we can improve in how clinical we are in these situations I can definitely see us scoring.

If it's an open game though, will Arsenal be more ruthless than Utd were?

December 05, 2013, 06:42:35 PM
Reply #10

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Can't see this being as winnable as the United game.

Draw would be a great result
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 05, 2013, 06:44:54 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why isnt Pienaar in the OP team? Been one of our best players recently, first name on the sheet for me.

December 05, 2013, 06:53:13 PM
Reply #12

bacon sarnie

Who's the ref? Atkinson was alright last night before turning a slight shade of red after the Vidic dive.

December 05, 2013, 06:53:39 PM
Reply #13

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Who's the ref? Atkinson was alright last night before turning a slight shade of red after the Vidic dive.

Webb isn't it?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 05, 2013, 06:57:45 PM
Reply #14

MmmBlueRamirez

Why isnt Pienaar in the OP team? Been one of our best players recently, first name on the sheet for me.

ahead of Lukaku? U mad bro?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama