0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (sub)
4 (4.7%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 29440 times)

December 05, 2013, 07:31:52 PM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator
Why isnt Pienaar in the OP team? Been one of our best players recently, first name on the sheet for me.
Was thinking rotation, might be a big ask to start 3 games in a week. If Deulofeu starts then himself, Mirallas, Barkley and Pienaar will have started 2 games each this week.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 05, 2013, 07:36:47 PM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was thinking rotation, might be a big ask to start 3 games in a week. If Deulofeu starts then himself, Mirallas, Barkley and Pienaar will have started 2 games each this week.

Rather rest him vs Fulham.

December 05, 2013, 07:43:41 PM
Reply #17

Snipellis11

Think this will be a tougher game, arsenal are on fire at the moment aswell, but we are going to be full of confident be happy with a point.

December 05, 2013, 07:55:34 PM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Rather rest him vs Fulham.
yeah defo agree with this. We will need him at arsenal and then give him a rest (if needed) v Fulham where we should be on front foot

Simply simply lovely

December 05, 2013, 08:05:39 PM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
3 games in 8 days is a big ask if you ask me. He looked pretty tired to me in the second half last night as well.

By the way how narrow does their team look with Wilshere and Cazorla on the wings? We really need our full backs involved as much as possible.

December 05, 2013, 08:07:48 PM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Arsenal have been superb this season, surely at some point they have to lose. Why not Sunday?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 05, 2013, 08:25:20 PM
Reply #21

Haile GAZrselassie

3 games in 8 days is a big ask if you ask me. He looked pretty tired to me in the second half last night as well.

By the way how narrow does their team look with Wilshere and Cazorla on the wings? We really need our full backs involved as much as possible.

Agreed. And look at how involved Deulofeu was within minutes of coming on last night. Should of scored and gave them all manner of problems.

Pinning back their full backs with pace on both flanks gives us the best possible chance of beating them. We're full of confidence just now, lets use that.

Playing Pienaar as it's the "safe" option is what Moyes would have done. We're better than that now. We won the game last night by taking the game to Utd. Lets do the same here.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 05, 2013, 08:40:30 PM
Reply #22

Ross

Shogun your matchday previews are getting better and better mate, keep up the great work it's very much appreciated  :thumbsup:

As for the game, we need our strongest available team out. This really isn't the sort of game to rest or rotate players, if we win this the message will be loud and clear. There's no doubt that Arsenal will field their strongest side, where probably the most inform team they've faced so far, and Wenger won't want any slip ups. He will realise the media are just waiting for one blip so they can write them off, he'll have them right up for it so it's a huge task.

A win would be incredible, but if we get a draw it will still make people sit up and take us more seriously.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 05, 2013, 09:08:55 PM
Reply #23

blue slug

Arsenal have lost more league games than us this season and were shown up by manure at old trafford. How did we get on at old trafford again. We can beat anybody at the minute COYB's

December 05, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. And look at how involved Deulofeu was within minutes of coming on last night. Should of scored and gave them all manner of problems.

Pinning back their full backs with pace on both flanks gives us the best possible chance of beating them. We're full of confidence just now, lets use that.

Playing Pienaar as it's the "safe" option is what Moyes would have done. We're better than that now. We won the game last night by taking the game to Utd. Lets do the same here.

No playing Pienaar is the best option as he provides the best link between the midfield and the attacking players.

Too many like minded players can lead to a disjointed attack.

Last night we lost balance with Deulofeu and Mirallas on the pitch. It was only restored when Osman came on to act as a link at the point of the midfield.

December 05, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
Reply #25

Shogun

Administrator
Everton 0-0 West Brom
Cardiff 0-0 Everton
Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Aston Villa 0-2 Everton
Everton 0-0 Tottenham
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton

Everton 4-0 Stoke
Manchester United 0-1 Everton

Our Clean sheets come in 3s...

December 05, 2013, 10:34:47 PM
Reply #26

Heisenberg

Would take a draw here any day of the week. I fully expected to take 1 point from arsenal and utd, so may aswell go for the win here aswell!

December 05, 2013, 11:00:40 PM
Reply #27

Outworlder47

Would take a draw here any day of the week. I fully expected to take 1 point from arsenal and utd, so may aswell go for the win here aswell!

Indeed. Would have taken 4 points from Stoke/@ManUtd/@Arsenal if it had been on offer. Now that we're on 6 points, might as well go for the maximum! All of the current top 7, bar Liverpool, are away from home this weekend, so a win at the Emirates could really tighten up the top of the table.

December 05, 2013, 11:07:31 PM
Reply #28

cantoffee

Most likely person to come in for Pienaar would be Osman I would think.

Need someone to help keep possession instead of just running at players.

December 05, 2013, 11:09:10 PM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
No playing Pienaar is the best option as he provides the best link between the midfield and the attacking players.

Too many like minded players can lead to a disjointed attack.

Last night we lost balance with Deulofeu and Mirallas on the pitch. It was only restored when Osman came on to act as a link at the point of the midfield.

Yeah although Barkley didn't have the best game, aside from that great first chance for Deulofeu I thought we lost our balance in the midfield when he went off.

Man Utd were noticeably able to get on the front foot for a chunk of time and it took us a while to recover, certainly aided by the introduction of Osman.