0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (sub)
4 (4.7%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 37705 times)

December 05, 2013, 06:39:07 PM
Read 37705 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas Barkley Deulofeu just looks beautiful on the page! Can't help but feel its overly attacking against a side that can keep the ball better than anyone but then I'm just going to let RM work his positive magic and let Arsenal worry about us instead for a change.

It is too attacking in the sense that they're all similar players who like to get the ball and run with it.

Unless Pienaar is completely knackered or has a knock there's no reason not to play him.

December 05, 2013, 06:41:25 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Overall though, I'm looking forward to this one.

I'd rather it wasn't straight on the back of the Utd game but I do think they'll be exposed to our counter attacks so if we can improve in how clinical we are in these situations I can definitely see us scoring.

If it's an open game though, will Arsenal be more ruthless than Utd were?

December 05, 2013, 07:36:47 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was thinking rotation, might be a big ask to start 3 games in a week. If Deulofeu starts then himself, Mirallas, Barkley and Pienaar will have started 2 games each this week.

Rather rest him vs Fulham.

December 05, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. And look at how involved Deulofeu was within minutes of coming on last night. Should of scored and gave them all manner of problems.

Pinning back their full backs with pace on both flanks gives us the best possible chance of beating them. We're full of confidence just now, lets use that.

Playing Pienaar as it's the "safe" option is what Moyes would have done. We're better than that now. We won the game last night by taking the game to Utd. Lets do the same here.

No playing Pienaar is the best option as he provides the best link between the midfield and the attacking players.

Too many like minded players can lead to a disjointed attack.

Last night we lost balance with Deulofeu and Mirallas on the pitch. It was only restored when Osman came on to act as a link at the point of the midfield.

December 06, 2013, 02:49:25 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I haven't left him out because he isn't good enough. Left him out in case of fatigue.

He's by far our most intelligent player and the only attacking player who can control the tempo of a game from that position. He's also probably the most fouled player in the league.

Can't believe you left him out.

December 06, 2013, 02:56:32 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That's it, I'm changing my poster of the year nomination!

Don't vote for me just for that...

December 06, 2013, 06:59:52 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I can see him taking over the reins in 10 years to keep us playing toffee taka, as Bobby moves on to manage Catalonia Independencia to victory over Manchester Murdochs in the Oligarch series.

I can't.

;)

December 07, 2013, 12:40:27 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
This why I don't like Arsenal. They think they're entitled to play their football and that any attempt to stop them is against the rules. The players think it too. They're nearly as bad as Barca for trying to referee the game. Noticed last season against us and then against Man Utd.

Yeah I used to like Arsenal but recently, certainly since they moved to the Emirates (I don't think it's connected!) they've become really annoying for things like that.

I guess it's the frustration of not winning like they had done.

Anyway, I've really wanted to beat them.

Hopefully we've got a chance tomorrow!

December 09, 2013, 05:22:27 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That's becoming clearer by the week! On another note who speaks Spanish?

@MarioSuarez4: Que buen equipo este Everton de Roberto Martínez y que golazo de Deulofeu!  #españolesporelmundo #ole
It says...

What a great team RM's Everton is and what a great goal by GD.