2 (3.8%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Mirallas (sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham  (Read 25221 times)

December 10, 2013, 09:00:09 PM
Read 25221 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v Fulham
Goodison Park
Saturday 14th December 15:00
Premier League match 16

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton
Everton 3-3 Liverpool (Mirallas, Lukaku x2)
Everton 4-0 Stoke (Deulofeu, Coleman, Oviedo, Lukaku)
Manchester United 0-1 Everton (Oviedo)
Arsenal 1-1 Everton (Deulofeu)

Fulham's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Liverpool 4-0 Fulham
Fulham 1-2 Swansea (Parker)
West Ham 3-0 Fulham
Fulham 1-2 Tottenham (Dejagah)
Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa (Sidwell, Berbatov Pen)

Everton

It was the late show at the Emirates last time out for the Toffees as Deulofeu scored late on to secure a well earned point after Ozil had put Arsenal in the lead. After travelling to two grounds which hadn't seen an Everton victory for a combined 38 years in the last two matches, Everton face a very different prospect at home to Fulham at the weekend; a side who haven't tasted victory at Goodison Park for 38 years since a victory in the FA Cup 5th round and Everton have never lost at home to Fulham in the league with 21 wins from 25 games.

There's been a whole host of Everton players who have scored 15 league goals since the 80s but I've included Yakubu in there as his total came most recently. As you can see, Romelu Lukaku is well on course for a record breaking season as he needs just another 9 goals to eclipse the premier league records set by Cottee and Kanchelskis. Last season's top scorer was Marouane Fellaini with just 11 goals.

Possible Line Ups

Fulham

Fulham ended a run of 6 straight defeats in the league on Sunday after Rene Meulensteen saw his team run out 2-0 winners at home to Aston villa to earn Fulham's first 3 points under the new regime. He faces an even sterner test at Goodison Park on Saturday as the cottagers have tasted defeat on their last 10 visits to the blue half of Merseyside.

Its safe to say that Fulham haven't had the most enjoyable 2013, averaging slightly over a point per games for the calender year. Only 3 teams who participated in the current season and last season have gained less points and have a worse goal difference than Fulham who are just about keeping their heads above water, though they head into this game in the relegation zone on goal difference. Considering Everton are yet to lose at Goodison Park this season and Fulham have record the lowest number of draws in 2013, it's going to be a monumental task for Fulham to get anything from this game.

Stats and Injuries

Everton are still nursing the long term injuries of Arouna Kone and Darron Gibson whilst Leighton Baines isn't expected to return until January. Fulham will be without Brede Hangeland and Hugo Rodellega. Darren Bent and Fernando Amorebieta are both expected to be fit after injury lay-off.

Unfortunately, Anthony Taylor has been given the honour of refereeing the 60th meeting between these two clubs.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:37:45 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 10, 2013, 09:01:43 PM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Roberto Martinez has never beaten Fulham.

December 10, 2013, 09:26:36 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
In the past this game would concern me

Simply simply lovely

December 10, 2013, 09:29:55 PM
Reply #3

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Just got back from Cyprus.

Really excited ...going to this game. 1st of the season. Gotta be better than watching with a load of Red shite and barcodes in a bar in Paphos.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

December 10, 2013, 09:34:21 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Should get more tickets for this, Fulham have sold 198

Simply simply lovely

December 10, 2013, 09:46:23 PM
Reply #5

blob

new manager. decent win at the w'end. potential banana-skin after our heroics against the top clubs. draw.

December 10, 2013, 10:34:27 PM
Reply #6

Ross

Roberto Martinez has never beaten Fulham.

No team Meulensteen has managed have beat Everton either
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 10, 2013, 11:01:32 PM
Reply #7

blue slug

I can see it being draw to Blob unfortunately. If Jol was till in charge i would of though a good 2 or 3 nil win but watching them at the weekend they looked pretty good albeit against villa

December 10, 2013, 11:42:12 PM
Reply #8

Bluenose 91

I'd like to see that team Shogun has posted.

Barkley showed in the derby he can slot in easily in a slightly deeper role.  Plus that front four of Mirallas, Pienaar, Deulofeu and Lukaku has made me erect.

December 10, 2013, 11:45:17 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We always beat Fulham at home. I expect another 3 points.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 11, 2013, 12:11:38 AM
Reply #10

The Analog Kid

Got to go for it ere, these are shocking. We owe them, and our fans one for the cup exit against them. I like Fulham, but in this league you have to earn your stripes, and they haven't been doing that at all.

December 11, 2013, 12:32:15 AM
Reply #11

plumber

We always beat Fulham at home. I expect another 3 points.

We used to beat Man City and couldn't win at Old Trafford.  ::)

December 11, 2013, 12:37:03 AM
Reply #12

The Good Citizen

Everton's 2013 record doesn't add up...

P33 W15 D13 L3

Not trying to nitpick, great write up as always, just wondering if the 3 losses is right? :)
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 11, 2013, 12:40:49 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

We used to beat Man City and couldn't win at Old Trafford.  ::)

Not for 38 years. We used to beat City and Utd 20 odd years ago.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 11, 2013, 12:58:48 AM
Reply #14

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I want Barkley off the front man just to see him take the piss out of Parker.

Proper pointless team Fulham though