0 (0%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Swansea v Everton  (Read 30000 times)

December 16, 2013, 06:02:10 AM
Read 30000 times

Shogun

Administrator

Swansea City v Everton
Liberty Stadium
Sunday 22nd December 16:00
Premier League match 17

Swansea's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Fulham 1-2 Swansea (Shelvey, O.G)
Manchester City 3-0 Swansea
Swansea 3-0 Newcastle (Dyer, Shelvey, O.G.)
Swansea 1-1 Hull (Chico)
Norwich 1-1 Swansea (Dyer)

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Everton 3-3 Liverpool (Mirallas, Lukaku x2)
Everton 4-0 Stoke (Deulofeu, Coleman, Oviedo, Lukaku)
Manchester United 0-1 Everton (Oviedo)
Arsenal 1-1 Everton (Deulofeu)
Everton 4-1 Fulham (Osman, Coleman, Barry, Mirallas)

Swansea

Swansea took a point from their match at Carrow Road on Sunday despite taking the lead through Nathan Dyer in a match that finished 1-1 in the end. That result capped off a busy week for Michael Laudrup's men who played 3 matches in the space of less than a week. It started off with a point at home to Hull on Monday night before they flew to Switzerland to secure their place in the knock-out stages in the Europa League, which they achieved even though they lost the match 1-0 before ending with a trip to Norwich on Sunday.

Swansea's football schedule has been bolstered with Europa League fixtures this season but they've coped fairly well with that at the moment and are only 3 points off their tally of last season after 16 games. However, they've struggled at the Liberty stadium this season with just 2 victories in the Premier League so far which came against Sunderland and Newcastle. It should be stated that they've only lost to Manchester United and Arsenal at home whilst managing a point against Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham and Hull. Only the current bottom 5 and Aston Villa have failed to gain more points at home.

Possible Line Ups

Everton

Everton extended their unbeaten run to 9 Premier League matches with a 4-1 victory over Fulham on Saturday which stretches back to their only defeat of the season away to Manchester City. This is currently the longest unbeaten streak in the premier league with Manchester City trailing behind in second with a 5 match unbeaten run. Everton's full backs, Seamus Coleman and Bryan Oviedo have now scored 2 goals each in Everton's last 5 Premier League games.

With that win over Fulham, Everton improved their record against last season's bottom clubs (Inc Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Hull) to 21 points out of a possible 29 which leaves them in good stead against the rest of last season's top 7 clubs. Chelsea and Manchester United also improved in this regard after beating Crystal Palace and Aston Villa respectively. Tottenham continued their wretched record against top clubs this season and Liverpool moved up the table after thrashing Spurs 5-0 at White Hart Lane. Manchester City extended their lead in that mini-table after a stellar 6-3 win in the expense of Arsenal at the Ethiad Stadium.

Stats and Injuries

Both teams suffered injuries at the weekend as Nathan Dyer is unlikely to feature after a foot injury he sustained against Norwich whilst Gerard Deulofeu looked to have harmed his hamstring against Stoke. Swansea are likely to be without Alvaro Vazquezand Gary Monk, though Leon Britton could return to fitness in time whilst Angel Rangel will miss out through suspension. Everton will likely be without Leighton Baines whilst Darron Gibson and Arouna Kone continue to nurse long term injuries.

Swansea have never beaten Everton and are yet to score a goal against them in the Premier League. They did pick up their first Premier League point against the Toffees at Goodison Park in a 0-0 draw the last time the two clubs met. Everton won this fixture 3-0 last season with a first Everton goal for Kevin Mirallas and a goal each from the since departed Victor Anichebe and Marouane Fellaini.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:14:07 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 16, 2013, 08:05:42 AM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure where to put this but thought here as its kind of about our progression! Nice tweet from Tim.

@Tim_Cahill: Relax 2day and look back on amazing week. @Everton on fire and my man Thierry saying great things about my club and great 3 days in Adelaide.

I have to return some videotapes.

December 16, 2013, 08:12:24 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I expect another 3 points here. No reason why we can't.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 16, 2013, 08:24:23 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Roberto is still yet to win against his former side.

07.05.2013   Wigan Athletic   2-3   Swansea City   
20.10.2012   Swansea City   2-1   Wigan Athletic   
03.03.2012   Wigan Athletic   0-2   Swansea City   
20.08.2011   Swansea City   0-0   Wigan Athletic
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 16, 2013, 08:27:45 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And Everton were yet to beat Utd away since 1992...
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 16, 2013, 08:29:31 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Depends which version of Swansea turns up, I reckon. Also depends which team can make it harder for the other to pass it out from the back. If we can squeeze the way we did against Arsenal and the way we did against Swansea at their ground last year, then I think we'll win. Glad we've got a week off, and a fresh McCarthy to unleash.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 16, 2013, 11:22:30 AM
Reply #6

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Both teams suffered injuries at the weekend as Nathan Dyer is unlikely to feature after a foot injury he sustained against Norwich whilst Gerard Deulofeu looked to have harmed his hamstring against Stoke. Swansea are likely to be without Alvaro Vazquezand Gary Monk, though Leon Britton could return to fitness in time. Everton will likely be without Leighton Baines whilst Darron Gibson and Arouna Kone continue to nurse long term injuries.

Rangel out aswell (suspended)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:23:11 AM by Polledreng »

December 16, 2013, 12:43:48 PM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Are they playing this week in Europe?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 16, 2013, 12:55:27 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No.

The last group game was last Thursday.

December 16, 2013, 01:29:52 PM
Reply #9

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
No but Laudrup has been telling every danish paper how tired his players are. They could have lost to mighty Bradford then. With the amount of money they spend this summer they should be able cope with 3 games in a week. Did say that he was more concerned about Dyer than the 1-1 draw. It's only football....  Wonder what Shankly would have said to that  ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:30:10 PM by Polledreng »

December 16, 2013, 01:39:23 PM
Reply #10

indiantoffee1975

Martinez hadn't beaten Fulham up until Saturday.

December 16, 2013, 02:17:05 PM
Reply #11

Heisenberg

Pretty important game, I wouldnt be disappointed with 7 points from the next 3. So a point here wouldnt be the worst, will be harder than what people expect 

December 16, 2013, 02:17:44 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we can continue our recent good record against these

Simply simply lovely

December 16, 2013, 02:27:52 PM
Reply #13

MmmBlueRamirez

Dyer is a big miss. Can see this being a close one with us winning by the odd goal.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 16, 2013, 03:49:47 PM
Reply #14

Snipellis11

It will be a tough game, but we are Everton and we can beat anyone at the moment, full of confidence.