1 (2.9%)
Joel (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
3 (8.8%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland  (Read 27454 times)

December 26, 2013, 01:39:49 AM
Reply #60

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I do, when we're 3 up!

Oh I'm sure you'd find something to moan about!
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

December 26, 2013, 02:36:41 AM
Reply #61

74Blue

I do, when we're 3 up!
What if Leon Osman scored all three?

December 26, 2013, 03:27:51 AM
Reply #62

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
What if Leon Osman scored all three?

I reckon he sits there with his arms folded with a half empty cup of Bovril at his feet (the other half now a stain on his yellow naf naff jumper). Just waiting, waiting, with the matchday forum at the ready for that stray pass....Leon Osman...4 -no comment.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:28:08 AM by Eddie »
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

December 26, 2013, 07:01:28 AM
Reply #63

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 26, 2013, 07:09:41 AM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That's  our version of rawk, full of deluded bitter knobheads

December 26, 2013, 07:59:10 AM
Reply #65

Thornton_19

That's  our version of rawk, full of deluded bitter knobheads

Think they are over reacting a bit to the way our fans act tbh.

December 26, 2013, 04:46:46 PM
Reply #66

Jimbo and the Jetset

GOT lad

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/everton-its-a-grand-old-team.852777/
Spent about 6 months on there.
90% of them are complete and utter spunkbubbles.
The most fun thing was trying to get swear words through the filter on there without getting censored.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

December 26, 2013, 05:44:30 PM
Reply #67

Trowel

I'll say one thing about GOT - it's nowhere near as bad as Ready To Go, which gets close to RAWK levels of hysteria at times.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 26, 2013, 06:14:25 PM
Reply #68

Sozzled

Too many people thinking this will be an easy game. We should win it but Sunderland have picked up since Poyet took over. Whilst still not picking up points they are playing a lot better.

Can't be complacent here.

December 26, 2013, 06:17:10 PM
Reply #69

Bluedylan

Not complacent, just confident based upon all the supporting evidence - form, league position, history of dominance against them, players available, their defence etc etc.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 26, 2013, 06:20:32 PM
Reply #70

Sozzled

Not complacent, just confident based upon all the supporting evidence - form, league position, history of dominance against them, players available, their defence etc etc.

History of dominance is completely irrelevant IMO. Sides change every season it's only the kit that doesn't.

We should win it but there's no need to get complacent. They have some decent players.

December 26, 2013, 06:28:45 PM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

History of dominance is completely irrelevant IMO. Sides change every season it's only the kit that doesn't.

We should win it but there's no need to get complacent. They have some decent players.

I take your point, but surely there's a psychological element to it? Not all the time, but in some instances. There's loads of clubs who haven't beaten another club for x amount of years and if you still have players who've played in those previous defeats then I think it absolutely can affect performance in the present.

It's not applicable in this instance, but it can also affect a manager and the way he sets up his team (ie Moyes going to Old Trafford to nick a result or lose 2-0, Martinez thinking he can win there).

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 26, 2013, 06:32:28 PM
Reply #72

velimski

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but if we score before Chelsea or Arsenal do today, we will be top of the league!

December 26, 2013, 06:39:51 PM
Reply #73

Sozzled

I take your point, but surely there's a psychological element to it? Not all the time, but in some instances. There's loads of clubs who haven't beaten another club for x amount of years and if you still have players who've played in those previous defeats then I think it absolutely can affect performance in the present.

It's not applicable in this instance, but it can also affect a manager and the way he sets up his team (ie Moyes going to Old Trafford to nick a result or lose 2-0, Martinez thinking he can win there).

I agree there's an element of mental block if a team hasn't won there in x amount of attempts.

I just don't want us to become too confident. We're Everton after all.

December 26, 2013, 06:51:07 PM
Reply #74

Gash

Global Moderator
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but if we score before Chelsea or Arsenal do today, we will be top of the league!

Not really, by that logic Arsenal would be on 37 points if they haven't conceded, meaning we'd need 4 to go top.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:54:27 PM by Gash »