0 (0%)
Lukaku
1 (1.3%)
Pienaar (Sub)
1 (1.3%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 28237 times)

December 27, 2013, 06:57:13 AM
Read 28237 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Southampton FC
Goodison Park
Sunday 29th December 13:30
Premier League match 19

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Manchester United 0-1 Everton (Oviedo)
Arsenal 1-1 Everton (Deulofeu)
Everton 4-1 Fulham (Osman, Coleman, Barry, Mirallas)
Swansea 1-2 Everton (Coleman, Barkley)
Everton 0-1 Sunderland

Southampton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Southampton 2-3 Aston Villa (Rodriguez, Osvaldo)
Southampton 1-1 Manchester City (Osvaldo)
Newcastle 1-1 Southampton (Rodriguez)
Southampton 2-3 Tottenham (Lallana, Lambert)
Cardiff 0-3 Southampton (Rodriguez x2, Lambert)

Everton

Everton finally lost a league game at Goodison Park on boxing day as Sunderland took home the spoils in a 1-0 win to become the first side to take away 3 points in 2013. It was the 5th time Everton have failed to score a goal in a match this season. It was also the 5th time that Everton have conceded a penalty this season which is the highest in the premier league, Everton are still to be rewarded with one themselves. Tim Howard is the first Everton player to receive a red card this season.

Since the transfer window closed in early September, only Manchester City and Arsenal have managed to gain more points in the premier league. Everton sit third in the table as they moved above both Liverpool and Chelsea managing 31 points from a possible 45 dropping 2 points to Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Liverpool and Tottenham along with defeats to Manchester City and Sunderland.

Possible Line Ups

Southampton

Southampton ended an unwanted run of 8 games without victory on Boxing Day as they quickly demolished Cardiff 3-0 in South Wales with all 3 goals coming in the opening 27 minutes. Southampton's strong start to the season was hindered with a tough run of games against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Newcastle and Tottenham within 6 fixtures which included a slip up against Aston Villa at home. The victory over Cardiff was their first clean sheet in 8 games and only Arsenal, Norwich and West Ham have stopped Southampton from scoring this season.

Regardless of the result, Southampton will go into the new year in 9th place which will be the second highest position they have occupied in the premier league at that stage. The only year that was topped was in 2002-03 which saw Southampton finish in 8th place. It is also the second highest points total that Southampton have achieved at that stage of the season.

Stats and Injuries/Suspensions

Everton will definitely be without the  trio of Darron Gibson, Arouna Kone and Gerard Deulofeu who are all nursing longer term injuries whilst they could also be without Kevin Mirallas who appeared to be suffering with illness against Sunderland and was subbed off. Tim Howard will be suspended after his red card whilst Gareth Barry picked up his 5th yellow card of the season. Leighton Baines could return from injury.

Artur Boruc, Victor Wanyama and Guly Do Prado are all sidelined until January for the Saints whilst Dani Osvaldo and Nathaniel Clyne are set for late fitness tests. Morgan Schneiderlin picked up his fifth booking and will miss the match through suspendion.

Southampton 2-2 Everton. 2005. bent.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:18:43 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 27, 2013, 04:30:33 PM
Reply #1

MmmBlueRamirez

Hope we smash these and stay in touch with the top 4.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:44:49 PM by MmmBlueMirallas »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 27, 2013, 04:51:19 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna be a tight game, time to see what this Everton side is really about

Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2013, 06:33:11 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
About as pivotal a match as we've had all season.

December 27, 2013, 06:41:01 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

About as pivotal a match as we've had all season.

Yep biggest game of the season for me so far, having had our first proper letdown. If we can get back on the winning trail straight away, the Sunderland game will be just an annoying blip.

Gonna be really difficult I think.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 27, 2013, 06:42:04 PM
Reply #5

Sozzled

Yep biggest game of the season for me so far, having had our first proper letdown. If we can get back on the winning trail straight away, the Sunderland game will be just an annoying blip.

Gonna be really difficult I think.

It's pivotal in the sense that it will show the character of the squad. Can we bounce back and crack on.

December 27, 2013, 06:42:56 PM
Reply #6

evertonjoe

We'll be knackered, they just eased to a win over Cardiff.

Southampton win.

R.A.P Music

December 27, 2013, 06:45:55 PM
Reply #7

Sozzled

We'll be knackered, they just eased to a win over Cardiff.

Southampton win.

Not with Ross Barkley in the side mate.

I'd go with this...

Robles

Coleman Jags Distin Oviedo

McCarthy Osman

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Jelavic

December 27, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
Reply #8

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I think we'll beat these. Sunderland was a kick up the arse plus Goodison will be behind the team with twattenburg refereeing.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

December 27, 2013, 07:32:15 PM
Reply #9

Dr. Sponge

I'd bring Baines back for this one if he's fit. Simply because his deliveries from wide areas are excellent, and Lukaku could benefit from it.

December 27, 2013, 07:50:15 PM
Reply #10

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'd bring Baines back for this one if he's fit. Simply because his deliveries from wide areas are excellent, and Lukaku could benefit from it.

As well as Oviedo has played that's where he's lacking. Lukaku hasn't been given a decent chance to convert for about 5 games now.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

December 27, 2013, 08:04:33 PM
Reply #11

hill135

This is a tough game. I'm not looking forward to it.

I agree with the bring back Baines shouts.

I don't think this is the game for Osman. Not having a go, but he is pedestrian and loses the ball more than an our other midfielders which players right in to Southampton's hands. However, with Barry out we might not have a choice. Put Barkley in one of the deeper roles so he can use his dribbling ability to beat their pressing

December 27, 2013, 08:17:01 PM
Reply #12

evertonjoe

Would anyone drop Mirallas given how shit he has been of late?

R.A.P Music

December 27, 2013, 08:37:27 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
Only for Deulofeu, who's injured obviously.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 27, 2013, 08:38:14 PM
Reply #14

evertonjoe

Why, not Naismith?

R.A.P Music