0 (0%)
Lukaku
1 (1.3%)
Pienaar (Sub)
1 (1.3%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 28196 times)

December 27, 2013, 08:39:42 PM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator
He hasn't had enough game time from the bench to start a match for me.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 27, 2013, 08:40:52 PM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Would anyone drop Mirallas given how shit he has been of late?

I wouldn't be totally against starting neither of our Belgians
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 27, 2013, 08:42:58 PM
Reply #17

Evertonian in NC

Yep biggest game of the season for me so far, having had our first proper letdown. If we can get back on the winning trail straight away, the Sunderland game will be just an annoying blip.

Gonna be really difficult I think.

I am not trying to be a pessimist, and I doubt Bluedylan is either.  Just saying that if we do rally and take all three points, we will have passed a very difficult test and showed loads of character.

Wish we had more practice time to try out a lineup that includes both Bainsey and Oviedo.  We need Baines' leadership, but we can't afford to lose Oviedo's rocket foot and attacking mentality (especially down a crucial midfielder).  I would still start 'em both, leave the exact formation to folks brighter than myself.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 27, 2013, 08:44:46 PM
Reply #18

Evertonian in NC

If we dropped KM, think I would go with both Lukaku and Jela, rather than Naismith.  Think the latter is better coming off the bench (though in fairness, so is Jela).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 27, 2013, 08:49:44 PM
Reply #19

blob

We'll be knackered, they just eased to a win over Cardiff.

Southampton win.

this.

once it starts...

December 27, 2013, 08:59:42 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd star Naismith, always a goal threat and will give us some much needed energy

December 27, 2013, 09:43:27 PM
Reply #21

Lapeno

I'd star Naismith, always a goal threat and will give us some much needed energy

Naismith behind Lukaku and Barkley in a deeper role alongside McCarthy. Southampton's two centre mids would have a field day against someone the size of Osman. And lets be honest, if Osman is going to play, I think everyone would prefer him to be playing closer to the opposition penalty box rather than our own.

December 27, 2013, 10:54:09 PM
Reply #22

Sozzled

If we dropped KM, think I would go with both Lukaku and Jela, rather than Naismith.  Think the latter is better coming off the bench (though in fairness, so is Jela).

And play who on the right? By that showing you'd be dropping Barkley too and playing him out of position.

December 27, 2013, 10:55:36 PM
Reply #23

MmmBlueRamirez

Not with Ross Barkley in the side mate.

I'd go with this...

Robles

Coleman Jags Distin Oviedo

McCarthy Osman

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Jelavic

<facepalm>

You were doing so well until you picked Jelavic..........
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 27, 2013, 11:21:02 PM
Reply #24

duncandisorderly

As others have said this is a massive game for us, probably a must-win in terms of getting back momentum and challenging for the top four.

December 28, 2013, 01:03:41 AM
Reply #25

edbootle

Hibbert will start at right back and Coleman  moved forward to replace Mirralas.
Baines at left back moving Oviedo to midfield.
You heard it here. And only after four brandies. :cheers: :whistle:
:cheers:

December 28, 2013, 01:10:23 AM
Reply #26

Yobo2008

I think Naismith should come in for Osman....

December 28, 2013, 01:33:36 AM
Reply #27

bluegrant

Hibbert will start at right back and Coleman  moved forward to replace Mirralas.
Baines at left back moving Oviedo to midfield.
You heard it here. And only after four brandies. :cheers: :whistle:
the reason why were in top 5 is because hibbo has been playing lol

December 28, 2013, 01:49:45 AM
Reply #28

indiantoffee1975

I think Naismith and Jelavic should both start against Southampton, drop Barkley back alongside McCarthey and drop Mirallas, although he could miss out through illness.

December 28, 2013, 01:56:59 AM
Reply #29

blueski

I think we are going to have to play a 5 man midfield against them or we'd really struggle with posession, I really doubt RM will go with 2 upfront.

For me, I'd play Osman but in the attacking role with Barkley in deep alongside McCarthy

Part of me would fancy seeing how we'd perform if we brought Baines in and dropped Mirallas and played Oviedo on the right side of midfield but I doubt that would happen
Nil Satis