0 (0%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
2 (4.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 24594 times)

December 31, 2013, 09:00:52 AM
Read 24594 times

Shogun

Administrator

Stoke City v Everton FC
The Britannia Stadium
Wednesday 1st January 15:00
Premier League match 20

Stoke's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Stoke 3-2 Chelsea (Crouch, Ireland, Assaidi)
Hull 0-0 Stoke
Stoke 2-1 Aston Villa (Adam, Crouch)
Newcastle 5-1 Stoke (Assaidi)
Tottenham 3-0 Stoke

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Arsenal 1-1 Everton (Deulofeu)
Everton 4-1 Fulham (Osman, Coleman, Barry, Mirallas)
Swansea 1-2 Everton (Coleman, Barkley)
Everton 0-1 Sunderland
Everton 2-1 Southampton (Coleman, Lukaku)

Everton

Everton recovered from their shock defeat to Sunderland at home on Boxing day with 3 points against Southampton at Goodison Park just 3 days later. This is the blues 10th winin 19 Premier League games and Everton finish the half-way point of the season having conceded the least amount of goals along with Arsenal (18). Romelu Lukaku scored his first goal in 5 matches to get the 3 points for the toffees with his 9th goal of the season.

It's certainly a case of Everton slipping up the bottom half of the Premier League that has cost them this season as only Manchester City have taken more points from teams in the top 10. Some of the more memorable points dropped coming early in the season before the Everton team took shape with draws against Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff. Everton have to play Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Southampton, Tottenham and Hull in the second half of the season.

Potential Line Ups

Stoke

Stoke come into this game on the back of two heavy back to back defeat against Newcastle and Tottenhan away from home. They had a bit of hard luck with refereeing decisions at Newcastle having 2 men sent off whilst 1-0 as well as a penalty going against them. Those were both away games and Stoke sit bottom of the 'Away Table' with 5 points, however they've picked up 16 points out of a possible 27 at home so this should be a close encounter.

At the start of the season, Chelsea, Everton, Manchester United and Stoke went into the season with new managers. Although some have higher expectations, Mark Hughes (who is also a cunt) has earned the greatest amount of points from the same fixtures they had last season, this season. Manchester United are quite a distance off whilst Jose Mourinho is stuck in a stalemate from Rafa Benitez's tally and Roberto Martinez is slightly ahead of his predecessor.

Stats and Injuries

Everton go into this game without long term injuries Darron Gibson and Arouna Kone whilst Phil Jagielka is set to miss out the next 4 weeks along with Gerard Deulofeu. Sylvain Distin has a slight hamstring concern.

Stoke are set to be without Asmir Begovic, Robert Huth and Andy Wilkinson whilst Marko Arnautovic could also miss out through illness.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:36:40 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 31, 2013, 09:33:58 AM
Reply #1

blueski

just paste it from our previous stoke encounter mate, no one will think less of you
Nil Satis

December 31, 2013, 10:40:12 AM
Reply #2

slothzen

Nope.  No break.  Do your job stats monkey.

December 31, 2013, 12:14:58 PM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Will be proper tough this one. Will be over the moon if we start the new year with 3 points
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 31, 2013, 12:16:59 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Same as Stealth. Big test against this lot, and a win would be huge for us. I think Begovic and Huth are out, so hopefully we can hurt them at the back.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2013, 01:48:20 PM
Reply #5

marky v

Mark Hughes is a _ _ _ _

December 31, 2013, 02:54:46 PM
Reply #6

The Good Citizen

Think they've only lost one at home, beating Chelsea 3-2 along the way, but Stoke away is always a tough game. A plus is having Howard and Barry back in Midfield, Mirallas should be rested and recovered from his stomach bug and expect Pienaar to start also. Alcaraz made a strong debut too so I'm still confident we can win this one. Winning against Southampton with so many changes was a real lift after Sunderland and a win here will really put it behind us.   
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 31, 2013, 02:57:11 PM
Reply #7

Roscoe

Three points would be nice, but i wouldn't  cry over a clean sheet draw.  0-0 for me.
The peoples Club  ...  Nil Satis nisi Optimum.

December 31, 2013, 03:04:45 PM
Reply #8

Trowel

Pre-match press conference live now: http://www.evertonfc.com/live

(great steps forward by the club this season with this sort of thing)
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 31, 2013, 03:22:11 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

Pre-match press conference live now: http://www.evertonfc.com/live

(great steps forward by the club this season with this sort of thing)

Nice one for that Trowel. I'd give you 5 'likes' if I could. God I love Roberto. What a man.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2013, 03:33:13 PM
Reply #10

Trowel

Very positive on the transfer window front - said 5 or 6 times that the aim is to come out of it stronger, that he's looking for one or two players, and that he has "assurances" from Kenwright that he doesn't need to sell anyone :)
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 31, 2013, 04:58:35 PM
Reply #11

taffytoffee

He's so much more positive than miserable moyes, so refreshing to hear him talking about getting players in January rather than seeing moyes sat there with the whole world on his shoulders moaning

December 31, 2013, 05:01:48 PM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Be fair though there has been an increase in our fortunes financially.  No doubt Moyes would be giving the same speil but still he didn't have the luxury of tv and fellaini money
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:02:32 PM by Silas »

December 31, 2013, 05:09:30 PM
Reply #13

whirlwind82

Praying Distin is fit for this one. Need his physicality badly against these. Would be quite worried having Stones and Alcaraz both in there.

December 31, 2013, 05:19:40 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We think about all the players having to play 4 games in 12 days and all that, but no one's given a thought to Shogun whose had to produce the pre match stats so frequently.

It appears it's taken its toll on him somewhat, and he's injured at present.

Let's raise a glass to Shogun for all the stats he's posted.   :cheers:
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney