8 (15.7%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Heitinga (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 25291 times)

January 06, 2014, 05:48:53 AM
Read 25291 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Norwich City
Goodison Park
Saturday 11th January 15:00
Premier League Match 21

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Swansea 1-2 Everton (Coleman, Barkley)
Everton 0-1 Sunderland
Everton 2-1 Southampton (Coleman, Lukaku)
Stoke 1-1 Everton (Baines Pen)
Everton 4-0 QPR - FA Cup (Barkley, Jelavic x2, Coleman)

Norwich's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Sunderland 0-0 Norwich
Norwich 1-2 Fulham (Hooper)
Norwich 0-1 Manchester United
Crystal Palace 1-1 Norwich (Johnson)
Norwich 1-1 Fulham - FA Cup (Snodgrass)

Everton

Everton are coming off a convincing 4-0 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup as Queens Park Rangers were dismantled with ease. The game saw Nikica Jelavic score his first goal in nine months, since he secured a 2-0 victory with a late goal against Manchester City in May. It has also taken him just 4 days into the New Year to equal his goal tally of 2013 with his brace against QPR.

Whilst Romelu Lukaku has dropped in form, it has meant other players have had to handle the responsibility of scoring in recent weeks. Seamus Coleman in particular has the rose to the challenge amongst others to show that Everton can cope even when their top scorer isn't firing on all cylinders. Everton's opponents for the day can't say the same as they've only managed 12 goals excluding top scorer Gary Hooper compared to the 23 Everton have scored.

Possible Line-Ups

Norwich

Norwich City are currently on a run of 5 matches without victory in the premier league and go into this match having drawn their FA Cup match against Fulham at the weekend. They are on a run of 3 matches without defeat on the road currently having beaten West Brom and gone away with a point from Sunderland and Crystal Palace in recent weeks. However they lost to Liverpool 5-1 in their last trip to a team in the top half.

Norwich are amongst the worse of the bottom half teams when it comes to playing teams in the top half. However they did manage 1 of their 4 points with a draw against the toffees on the opening day of the season whilst their only victory came at home to Southampton early in the season. Their goal difference is perhaps misleading after shipping 12 goals at Anfield and the Ethiad Stadium combined.

Stats and Injuries

Phil Jagielka, Gerard Deulofeu, Arouna Kone and Darron Gibson are all sure to miss this match through injury whilst Leighton Baines was seen on crutches against QPR at Goodison Park and may miss out. Sylvain Distin is due to return.

Norwich have a whole host of injuries as Alexander Tettey, Anthony Pilkington and Elliott Bennett are going to miss out through injury. Jonny Howson, Michael Turner and Wes Hoolahan are also doubts. Bradley Johnson and Sebastian Bassong are due to return. Leroy Fer may or may not miss out through suspension.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 06, 2014, 05:50:58 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Baines wasn't seen on crutches after all?

What is the truth? Tell me. Tell me.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 06, 2014, 05:53:22 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
I'm not sure if Fer is suspended or not for this and the suspensions list on the TheFA website is down although most things say he's available.

He got sent off for 2 yellow cards against Crystal Palace which saw him suspended for the cup game against Fulham. However, as you may or may not remember, he carried over a suspension from the Netherlands on the opening day of the season and miss our match at Norwich. If you get suspended for a second time then usually the player gets another match added to the length of the ban. However he committed the first offence playing in Holland so it's a bit of a grey area.

January 06, 2014, 05:55:08 AM
Reply #3

Les Trebilcock

Leighton was limping, blarg', due to the weight of his wallet in his arse pocket.           ;o)
You can take that to the bank.

January 06, 2014, 05:55:15 AM
Reply #4

Thomas

5 games without a victory - whilst where flying. Is it me or can anyone see us having a bit of an 'off' day? It will happen eventually and Norwich aren't pushovers at times.

I'll still go for 1-0 though. Would you keep the same team as the QPR game as well?

January 06, 2014, 05:56:56 AM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Our off day come against Sunderland. Can't see anyone beating us at Goodson other than the big teams

January 06, 2014, 06:00:29 AM
Reply #6

Thomas

Our off day come against Sunderland. Can't see anyone beating us at Goodson other than the big teams

Was it really an off day? The manager himself felt we played well, just didnt hit the onion bag when we needed to...

January 06, 2014, 06:07:21 AM
Reply #7

Les Trebilcock

Was it really an off day? The manager himself felt we played well, just didnt hit the onion bag when we needed to...

Tbh, Thomas, I'm not sure if we have an 'off day' in us. This current Everton is purring like a well-oiled pussy of the Jaguar variety - it's currently a joy to watch. Sunderland was an 'odd spanner'.

January 06, 2014, 06:08:48 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Jaguars always break down though (well they used to).
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 06, 2014, 06:08:57 AM
Reply #9

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah i think off days are definitely like the sunderland game, and the spurs game and stoke 1st half, i think thats the kind of off day we will be having under martinez. Still playing ok, just not to our ability and not scoring!
I have to return some videotapes.

January 06, 2014, 06:12:48 AM
Reply #10

Les Trebilcock

Jaguars always break down though (well they used to).

Sometimes the driver is at fault, Blargs...Man U 1 Swansea 2.              ;o)

And, I think this particular Everton cat will munch the Canary and spit its feathers out.  ;o)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:24:26 AM by Les Trebilcock »

January 06, 2014, 06:28:11 AM
Reply #11

Thomas

Yeah i think off days are definitely like the sunderland game, and the spurs game and stoke 1st half, i think thats the kind of off day we will be having under martinez. Still playing ok, just not to our ability and not scoring!

Cool. When I was going the game an off day was when we where awful, got beat 7-0 and you had a long journey home. Benfica springs to mind.

January 06, 2014, 10:26:51 PM
Reply #12

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
We'll twat these.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 06, 2014, 10:29:54 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
Kevin Friend is the referee. Done the Tottenham games this season and failed to give a blatant penalty to both sides IIRC

January 06, 2014, 10:45:08 PM
Reply #14

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Cool. When I was going the game an off day was when we where awful, got beat 7-0 and you had a long journey home. Benfica springs to mind.

Same, i moved to Sheffield when i was ten but started a season ticket so the drive home with my dad i used to cry when we lost, which was all the time hahaha

I hope those days are gone :)
I have to return some videotapes.