October 22, 2019, 05:57:06 AM

Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic  (Read 12423 times)

May 15, 2010, 10:53:22 PM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
why because not evryone shares your views on him?

and how can you lable them tabloid views people do have and formed opinions from watching him in games

and for a young lad of under 20 your opinion of whats world class may well be different from say myself with an extra 15 years of watching  players

my views certainly are not formed from tabloid tidbits

I had already washed my hands of this thread but there is so many things wrong with this post I just can't resist.

1. Yes, Isaac Newton, thats exactly why this thread has gone to shit. The thread was about him moving clubs, not some regurgitated rubbish about him being overrated.

2. This sentence literally makes no sense.

3. Who is under 20? Me? Could you be making an ill formed argument? Surely not, you seem like such a smart guy.

May 15, 2010, 11:07:51 PM
Reply #31

everton-4-ever

I had already washed my hands of this thread but there is so many things wrong with this post I just can't resist.

1. Yes, Isaac Newton, thats exactly why this thread has gone to shit. The thread was about him moving clubs, not some regurgitated rubbish about him being overrated.

2. This sentence literally makes no sense.

3. Who is under 20? Me? Could you be making an ill formed argument? Surely not, you seem like such a smart guy.

1  yes i know its about him moving clubs hence my stand at 40m he is overated considering his for over a season  and his age

2 sorry i didnt do university or college i went and earned a living instead so i appologise for  making no sense

3 ok maybe your 20 then my point is just because you rate him  compared  to the greats of your lifetime i compare him to the greats of mine and in my opinion he is overated compared to players who have come before him

4 are you his agent or got shares in him ? :P
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

May 15, 2010, 11:20:44 PM
Reply #32

Gumpinio

IIRC Barca paid 70 million Euros plus Samual Eto'o.
So I doubt they'll let him go for 40 million Euros, they may as well hang onto him and actually use him as plan B.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

May 15, 2010, 11:54:03 PM
Reply #33

.Rimbo.

IIRC Barca paid 70 million Euros plus Samual Eto'o.
So I doubt they'll let him go for 40 million Euros, they may as well hang onto him and actually use him as plan B.

I think it was more like 35 million Euros plus Samuel Eto'o, which values Ibra' at about 70 million Euros.

May 16, 2010, 12:10:05 AM
Reply #35

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Well played Bloody Scally. 

This "big game" thing in my opinion comes almost entirely from Inter's games against Utd last season, and I think Livepool the season before that.  Where admittedly he didn't play well, but then neither did Inter in general.

May 16, 2010, 12:13:06 AM
Reply #36

everton-4-ever

any clips of the other numerous games where he goes missing , not just the youtube glamour packs designed to highlite his talents, its the games the weeks the months where he does feck all that cause the overated debates

bakayoko apparently looked mint in vhs form

May 16, 2010, 12:13:51 AM
Reply #37

bloody scally

This "big game" thing in my opinion comes almost entirely from Inter's games against Utd last season, and I think Livepool the season before that.  Where admittedly he didn't play well, but then neither did Inter in general.

This. It's a complete non-argument. He was just quiet once or twice, didn't play bad just had an off game. English media telling us what he is and no-nothing commentators repeating what each other and the newspapers are saying.

May 16, 2010, 12:16:21 AM
Reply #38

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Plus if you racked up his assist stats along with his scoring it would be nothing less than intimidating

May 16, 2010, 12:22:42 AM
Reply #39

everton-4-ever

87 career assist's craig

May 16, 2010, 12:23:30 AM
Reply #40

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Thats pretty high no?

May 16, 2010, 12:28:36 AM
Reply #41

everton-4-ever

Thats pretty high no?

yeah ish

messi has 57 in about half as many games though (but for me he is the bench mark on worldclass)

May 16, 2010, 12:30:15 AM
Reply #42

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
any clips of the other numerous games where he goes missing , not just the youtube glamour packs designed to highlite his talents, its the games the weeks the months where he does feck all that cause the overated debates

bakayoko apparently looked mint in vhs form

I think the videos were more to make the point that he has frequently turned up in big games, despite what people say about him, rather than an attempt to show him looking good on the pitch.

May 16, 2010, 12:35:42 AM
Reply #43

everton-4-ever

I think the videos were more to make the point that he has frequently turned up in big games, despite what people say about him, rather than an attempt to show him looking good on the pitch.

im not in that gang risky i know he is a big game player
no doubt about it.

its the other 20 games a season where he doesnt show it ( IMO stop him being worldclass and make me believe he's overated) but thats my opinion

May 16, 2010, 07:29:38 PM
Reply #44

bloody scally

its the other 20 games a season where he doesnt show it ( IMO stop him being worldclass and make me believe he's overated) but thats my opinion

The argument was he didn't show up for the big games. The videos wern't to show what he does all season, just in big games.

Look at his statistics (yes i know),
146 career goals in 256 games = 1 goal every 1.75 games. Better than 1 in 2 = great striker. This season he has played 28 and scored 16 sticking to his goals average. If you allowed that to carry on and pretend he played 38 games in the season instead of the 28 he would have not scored in 16 games (if he scored a max of one each game). Now look at the wider world and see how many strikers have not scored in that few games and you will struggle.